oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Crewe Alexandra (EFL Cup) 2-2 (Fletcher, Bola)Boro lose 4-2 on penalties

59 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I dont live in the area so granted I dont get to go to many. But under Pulis I'd not have gone anyway. Plus I play football on Saturdays.

I've played sport and football and I get your point completely about booing and why it's a negative. My point is that at the top level, booing is part of that game. I dont want people to boo players ALL the time, but if they've performed below standard, that's when I'd think a boo is warranted. 

We both know I'm not going to list every game where the gome team has booed at half time, but it happens, like I said, it's part of the game. Rightly or wrongly is obviously open to debate. 

Your point about booing when they've tried their best is missing my point. I said that, for me personally, i would never boo a player who is giving it their all. But i would boo a player who isn't putting effort in and is playing badly. I think you have misunderstood why people potentially boo in the first place.

But we shall agree to disagree.

I think I've explained why I detest booing and I haven't missed any pints I just disagree with them. 

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's a bit shameful that we've had 3 games under a new manager and 2 of them have ended with boos.

Longer than 3 games into a new manager's tenure, I'll tell you that much.

Posted Images

I remember a game last season, we were playing well and should have been a couple of goals up, then after about half an hour we conceded against the run of play and the crowd started booing straight away.

I thought that was very poor tbh and couldn’t see what good they thought it would do, people were just waiting for an excuse to boo just because of pulis.

Also the Brentford game, People got on Dijksteels back almost immediately just because he didn’t/couldn’t pass it forward, what a welcome that was for him.

Tbf although I’ve never took part, if we’ve had a shocker as we did on Tuesday I don’t mind booing if it comes at the half/full time whistle. During play though I agree it’s awful and totally counter productive.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

I remember a game last season, we were playing well and should have been a couple of goals up, then after about half an hour we conceded against the run of play and the crowd started booing straight away.

I thought that was very poor tbh and couldn’t see what good they thought it would do, people were just waiting for an excuse to boo just because of pulis.

Also the Brentford game, People got on Dijksteels back almost immediately just because he didn’t/couldn’t pass it forward, what a welcome that was for him.

Tbf although I’ve never took part, if we’ve had a shocker as we did on Tuesday I don’t mind booing if it comes at the half/full time whistle. During play though I agree it’s awful and totally counter productive.

This specific instance though wouldn't have been directed at Dijksteel personally though, more at the frustrations of going backwards when chasing a goal on 85+ minutes. Just fans venting frustrations, think that's always going to happen, especially in situations like that.