Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Boro vs Crewe Alexandra (EFL Cup) 2-2 (Fletcher, Bola)Boro lose 4-2 on penalties

Recommended Posts

You would think this was a good time to do that. 

I suppose the alternative line of thinking is do you play a relatively full strength team, try and get that first win out of the way as a morale boost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I assumed that he'd make lots of changes, bringing the new lads in, the players that haven't had much game time and one or two youngsters.  

The Gazette released an article earlier saying Woodgate would make changes. 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jonathan-woodgate-promises-middlesbrough-changes-16742267.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be immediately after the Brentford game, he maybe wanted to play a strong team. As Brunners said so we can pick up our first win.

But maybe after the dust has settled he has decided to go down the route of rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I assumed that he'd make lots of changes, bringing the new lads in, the players that haven't had much game time and one or two youngsters.  

I reckon he probably wants to get the first win on the board so will be fielding a strong team, the 3 new lads are expected to be starters going forward so think we will see them with the senior players who haven't had a start yet mainly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Could be immediately after the Brentford game, he maybe wanted to play a strong team. As Brunners said so we can pick up our first win.

But maybe after the dust has settled he has decided to go down the route of rotation.

Yeah could be.  Might have been a bit of frustration after the defeat as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah could be.  Might have been a bit of frustration after the defeat as well.

Definitely, my thinking too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Walker will be involved at all tonight he missed the Villa U23 game a few days ago not sure if he had a setback after he came back vs Darlington.

Looking forward to Wood getting 90 minutes and it will be interesting if he goes with Liddle or Malley in Clayton's role if he has an eye on the rest of the season it would be Malley because I imagine Liddle's set for a loan move. Wearne's done brilliantly all summer but in a 433 he just doesn't fit which is a shame Graeme Lee's got him left of an attack cutting in but outside of 4231 I don't think he'll work effectively for us right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I don't think Walker will be involved at all tonight he missed the Villa U23 game a few days ago not sure if he had a setback after he came back vs Darlington.

Looking forward to Wood getting 90 minutes and it will be interesting if he goes with Liddle or Malley in Clayton's role if he has an eye on the rest of the season it would be Malley because I imagine Liddle's set for a loan move. Wearne's done brilliantly all summer but in a 433 he just doesn't fit which is a shame Graeme Lee's got him left of an attack cutting in but outside of 4231 I don't think he'll work effectively for us right now.

Walker was out on the pitch on Saturday pre-match training, looked fine to me. Imagine he was there to take someones place if they were injured, that would suggest to me he's a potential choice for tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

I don't mind who plays as long as Gestede is nowhere near the stadium.

?

Definitely starting tonight.  Only missed out on the captaincy because Friend is playing ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 2014-2015 Rudy Gestede is an asset to any Championship club. Bag a couple tonight and see how things work out.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

A 2014-2015 Rudy Gestede is an asset to any Championship club. Bag a couple tonight and see how things work out.

 

 

I would suggest that it looks like the 14-15 Gestede was an anomaly and not the norm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Walker was out on the pitch on Saturday pre-match training, looked fine to me. Imagine he was there to take someones place if they were injured, that would suggest to me he's a potential choice for tonight.

His only game in 3 months was 2 weeks ago vs Darlington I don't think Graeme Lee thought he was ready for the PL2 kickoff vs Villa a few days ago can't see Woodgate thrusting him in the team myself I'd be surprised if he's on the bench I think they're being super cautious and monitoring him but we will see in a couple of hours.

Gestede leading the line will be fine as long as there's pace either side of him. I just don't like Gestede in the team because thing's become very *ithouse in our build up hopefully Woodgate's going to have Fletcher or Britt on the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

A 2014-2015 Rudy Gestede is an asset to any Championship club. Bag a couple tonight and see how things work out.

 

 

That was 5 years ago though.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I would suggest that it looks like the 14-15 Gestede was an anomaly and not the norm.

Gestede actually has a better minutes per Goal or Assist (174 minutes) than Britt (182 minutes) whilst playing for us in the Championship. He's really not as bad as everyone alludes to he's just a perma-crock...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Yes I can’t argue with that @TLF10 this season is a write off. We need to stay in the championship and try build for next season.
    • Agree @Blanco. Happy to have him if sums add up for 6 months. If we can get him, plus 2 wide players n a striker i will be happy.   Maddison seems to be one of the wide players we want Jack Clarke or someone else on loan and a striker. Someone mentioned Clarke Harris from Bristol. Hopefully signings in Jan can be a mix of maybe 2 permanant signings n 2 loan signings. If its only loan signings in Jan it makes a huge job of rebuilding in summer a monumental one. So if we can start the long term rebuilding with 1 or 2 permanant signings in jan that be good
    • Top work @boro-unger. Great post. I do not expect McNairs red to be overturned and if JW looks at it properly its not even worth appealing it. (Now i said that it probably will get overturned) Think team and subs picks itself given lack of numbers: Pears Howson Ayala Fry Spence Tav Wing Sav Coulson Fletch Britt Subs: Meijas, Wood, Bola, Clayton, Marv, Rudy, Walker My heart says a nervy 1 nil win. Am trying to be positive so i wont share what my head is saying
    • I think bringing Ben Gibson back makes sense. He is a proven performer in this league. Bringing players up from the league below is a risk and we have showed that with our summer purchases.  We need players who can guarantee that they can perform at this level. 
    • And there was me thinking after Saturdays game that pantomime season had started a little earlier this year. But it makes more sense now you mention it to keep the wage bill down with suspensions.
×
×
  • Create New...