oneBoro Forum
Denzel Zanzibar

Boro vs Crewe Alexandra (EFL Cup) 2-2 (Fletcher, Bola)Boro lose 4-2 on penalties

3 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Feels like a big opportunity for Walker this. Given we're so light up top a good performance could force him closer to the 1st team.

Huge opportunity for him I think this is his first start for us last season I remember sub cameos I don't think Pulis handed him a start?

Really intriguing game from seeing Friend LCB in a back 4 with Wood to Tav and Sav can they shine themselves plus the 3 new boys and Walker I think it's setup to be a very interesting evening with a couple of potentially breakout moments definitely possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Huge opportunity for him I think this is his first start for us last season I remember sub cameos I don't think Pulis handed him a start?

Really intriguing game from seeing Friend LCB in a back 4 with Wood to Tav and Sav can they shine themselves plus the 3 new boys and Walker I think it's setup to be a very interesting evening with a couple of potentially breakout moments definitely possible.

Completely agree, it's looking like a fun evening to keep an eye on.

You're correct btw, Walker got 16 minutes in the FA Cup and 48 in the EFL Cup last season

• Like 1

Delighted with that team! Especially walker and even gestede playing, we need more options up in the final third so we need to see if they can bring anything to the table in our new formation. 

Walker seems to be having a good go judging by the written commentary on BBC Sport.

8 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Anyone at the Riverside Who Will post some live updates? ??

I will. Looking tidy, we've had most possession and Clayton had two players on him and did a Cruyff turn and did them like kippers - my life is complete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There's a lad at the bar who looks like Max Verstappen - I asked if anyone has ever mentioned it and he said "I'm always getting compared with fictional characters" 

• Haha 2

Just now, Randy Sandwich said:

Browne looking very lively and George friend beat their right winger? For pace. 

And no I'm not drunk

I’ve seen drunker

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• Well that bodes well another player who is either naff or injury prone
    • Well it is "leap day" but not for us as we play Monday! However a point or Wigan and a win for Barnsley might see them leap up a bit. Do so hope WBA win today the thought of seeing us in the bottom 3 fills me with dread 
    • It's hardly audacious to release season ticket renewals is it? In fact wouldn't it be an insanely awful business move to not try and get people to renew? It would be risking the financial future of the club wouldn't it?  Gibson definitely has his flaws but this seems an odd point to criticise him for! 
    • Woodgate was going on a scouting trip today to watch a player, but the trip has been cancelled as the player is not playing today.  Link. Any idea who the player is?
    • Really well-argued post @wilsoncgp. Your point about social media is particularly true - I migrated to this board from another Boro forum where the wailing and gnashing of teeth was always much more definitive. After a couple of defeats, there'd be loads of thread titles like "Worst team EVER", "I am DONE with this **** and the **** players", "We're finished", etc etc. No wonder football chairmen try to tune that out. Look at that open letter Arsenal fans wrote last year cos the poor lambs had only won the FA Cup recently. Even so, Gibson's actions increasingly remind me of Erich Honecker and the East German politicians, hidden from view in their luxury gated village while Communism collapsed outside the walls. It's like he either can't admit or doesn't want to know how bad things are. Neither did Honecker, and we all know how that turned out. Empires end when the people grow tired of being ignored and disrespected, and I think Gibson has used up most of the pre-2006 goodwill he'd amassed among supporters. FWIW, I don't want him to step down. I doubt anyone does, really. Most fans probably just want him to move with the times (a DoF, taking inspiration and lessons from other successful Championship clubs, employing a manager who's not a mate or a local). Our most successful post-2006 spell came when he loosened the shackles with Karanka and Orta. Is it any wonder fans yearn for more of that? If SG can't - or more probably won't - move towards the light, maybe he does need to step aside for the sake of the club he and we love?