• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

1 hour ago, LinoJo3 said:

Even if Gibson was a billionaire he could still only put £8m in this season.

I dont think we can really say this anymore

Derby are showing that there are plenty of ways around ffp. Villa did, wolves did. If someone wants to put more money in there are lots of ways of doing it.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I dont think we can really say this anymore

Derby are showing that there are plenty of ways around ffp. Villa did, wolves did. If someone wants to put more money in there are lots of ways of doing it.

Why would Gibson want to sink any more of his money into the club? 

There has to be a limit as to how much he is willing to throw away and I think he’s probably reached that limit. Fair play to him, he’s given us all a great ride, but it can’t last for ever and it’s probably time for the club to run itself in a sustainable way, without a benefactor throwing money in to the bottomless pit that is a modern football club. 

People get upset that he’s spending money on his new home or that he’s got a new wife and his priorities are elsewhere. Why the hell shouldn’t he spend his money on himself and his wife? Give the guy a break, he’s done what he could for the club and all good things come to an end. Sure he’s made mistakes, but who hasn’t in life? We’ve all bought the odd car that we overpaid for and it’s cost us a fortune in repairs, or bought a house that has gone down in value we are all human and make mistakes. 

I’m very grateful for Gibbo’s past generosity, those years were an absolute blast, but they were never going to last forever so we need to lower expectations and accept the current situation. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

There has to be a limit as to how much he is willing to throw away and I think he’s probably reached that limit. Fair play to him, he’s given us all a great ride, but it can’t last for ever and it’s probably time for the club to run itself in a sustainable way, without a benefactor throwing money in to the bottomless pit that is a modern football club. 

People get upset that he’s spending money on his new home or that he’s got a new wife and his priorities are elsewhere. Why the hell shouldn’t he spend his money on himself and his wife? Give the guy a break, he’s done what he could for the club and all good things come to an end. Sure he’s made mistakes, but who hasn’t in life? We’ve all bought the odd car that we overpaid for and it’s cost us a fortune in repairs, or bought a house that has gone down in value we are all human and make mistakes. 

I’m very grateful for Gibbo’s past generosity, those years were an absolute blast, but they were never going to last forever so we need to lower expectations and accept the current situation. 

I never once said he should. I said he could if he wanted to, like every other owner could if they wanted to. Ffp is a joke, that's the point I was making,not that I want Gibson to put money in.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I never once said he should. I said he could if he wanted to, like every other owner could if they wanted to. Ffp is a joke, that's the point I was making,not that I want Gibson to put money in.

Sorry I shouldn’t have quoted you, I wasn’t having a go at you NB, nor was I putting words into your mouth.  My post was more me musing on the situation, as many fans are crying out for Gibbo to invest. 

11 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Sure he’s made mistakes, but who hasn’t in life? We’ve all bought the odd car that we overpaid for and it’s cost us a fortune in repairs, or bought a house that has gone down in value we are all human and make mistakes. 

Some of us have spent £30 on a Boro ticket too. ??

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

FFP is a joke until Boro bend the rules, you mean.

• Like 1

Once again it is NOT about spending money, sick of people who immediately default to meme arguments. There is so much more we are getting wrong than simply ‘not spending millions’. For a start we didn’t need to blow £50m in 2017.

26 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Once again it is NOT about spending money, sick of people who immediately default to meme arguments. There is so much more we are getting wrong than simply ‘not spending millions’. For a start we didn’t need to blow £50m in 2017.

No but that’s done, it’s in the past, nothing we can do about that now, forget it and move on. 

Edit wtf is a meme argument?

14 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Make you right, to many old habits at the club.

Gibbo as been in his time a great owner and provider, but now we need to get some one in that will give the club a complete over all without spending to much.

Woodgate as not got the qualification's to get the best from the players he needs to be back with the youth and a old head guiding and teaching him. He as not qualified for the number one coach's job. To be fair to the guy its not his fault. He was given a crash course behind Pulis last season.

If Gibbo is staying on and does not want to sell then ok but ffs get somebody in the club that knows about football and how a club should be run. This problem as not just appeared its been coming now for some years and now the crap is finally hitting the fan's (sorry about the pun).

Couple of changes I would make instantly.

New Director of Football who will spend wisely when things settle and ask the coach what he requires beforehand. 

New number one coach with Woody dropping back to the youth for a few more years.

Get rid of the old scouting system if we have one that is.

Start looking closer to home to build up the depleted squad from the youngster's in our own backyard.

3 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Sorry I shouldn’t have quoted you, I wasn’t having a go at you NB, nor was I putting words into your mouth.  My post was more me musing on the situation, as many fans are crying out for Gibbo to invest. 

I'm not crying out for him to invest.  I'm crying out for him to bugger off and take all of his cronies with him ?

4 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I think they is becoming an increasing awareness that if the club is going to achieve anything in the game again and win another trophy they needs to be a new owner as Gibson is now a very small fish in a ocean of billionaire's. He has really taken the club as far as he can possibly 

1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

No but that’s done, it’s in the past, nothing we can do about that now, forget it and move on. 

Edit wtf is a meme argument?

Meme argument is the ‘obvious’ argument like ‘oh your moaning about Gibson, probably cos you want him to spend a fortune’.

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

I think they is becoming an increasing awareness that if the club is going to achieve anything in the game again and win another trophy they needs to be a new owner as Gibson is now a very small fish in a ocean of billionaire's. He has really taken the club as far as he can possibly 

I totally disagree,, Gibson's problem has never been competing with billionaires, lets be fair we were never going to be challenging for a top 6 PL place. Our problems lie with the clueless entourage he surrounds himself with and the poor managerial appointments we have made, The PL season under Karanka was a total disaster, Garry Monk was given ample transfer funds to build a promotion winning side and once again we blew it. Pulis blew £20 mill last season on 3 players, Flint, Saville and McNair, hopefully McNair may still prove his worth. The 2 sides that went up automatic last season spent half as much as we did in the transfer market they just invested their money a far lot wiser than we did, and the bottomless pit has now gone. 

Its ok shouting for new owners, who's buying us some Saud Arabian billionaire hardly likely, or some fly by night who's going to do wonders and *** blunders but does nowt and jumps ship soon as the going gets tough, leaving us all praying that we're still going to have a football club to support.  

• Like 4