• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

I don't think we need to spunk an oligarch's life savings to get out of the Championship. Sheffield United did it last season without a single player worth more than £6 million. The combined market value of their three most expensive players was only slightly more than Britt's, and they only had eight players valued over £1 million. (All figures from Transfermarkt.co.uk).

My personal frustration with Steve Gibson is the stupefying sums of money MFC has *** up against the wall on crap players we didn't need since promotion. This season is just perpetuating the trend of rank bad ownership, and highlights why his policy of jobs for the Teesside boys is so flawed. A decent Director of Football could - and I know it's could rather than would - have absolutely transformed the way we've been operating in terms of incomings and outgoings. A decent managerial appointment should have had a squad with Martin Braithwaite and Jon Obi Mikel tearing teams apart for fun. A decent communications director might have told us what the f**k happened to Steve Agnew after he went AWOL. A decent scouting team would have found better players than Flint and Savile, and a decent chairman would have known better than to write the cheques.

Gibson has got many more decisions wrong than right since 2006. He's clearly lost touch with what it takes to make a football club successful, despite lucking out with Karanka. But he won't bring in people to help him run the club properly, and the mistakes just keep mounting up. Woodgate being the latest, I fear - how many people on here honestly thought he was a superior appointment to Jokanovic when both names were on the shortlist? Was Woody really the outstanding candidate Gibson claimed? Can we even trust a man who was apparently grieving when Pulis slug-trailed his way back to Sandbanks, and then allegedly pulled the plug on two PL loan signings the day before Transfer Deadline Day?

This isn't ingratitude. It's realism. He saved the club, gave us some amazing times and put Boro on the world footballing map. But for whatever reason, Steve Gibson has lost his way as chairman of MFC and is either unable or unwilling to change in response to the times.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Please don't tell me you post on 4chan. I thought you were better than that...

It's pretty much exactly what I had him down as tbf

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

What's 4chan?  Actually, I think I've asked that before on here.  It's some website, right?

It’s like a worse reddit. Linked to far right shootings. Like to be politically incorrect. The worst moved to 8chan which was linked to the recent El Paso shootings

22 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

It’s like a worse reddit. Linked to far right shootings. Like to be politically incorrect. The worst moved to 8chan which was linked to the recent El Paso shootings

To be as fair as humanely possible and so as not to tie Lino in with that kind of crowd, it is a bit of a breeding ground for people like that but not every member should be tarred with that brush. Its content over the years has also been linked to the rise of the meme culture, things like lolcats and Rickrolling. It's got a big anime and gaming culture on there, as such it was also undoubtedly part of what developed the GamerGate movement a few years ago, where prominent female members of the game development industry were targeted with sexual abuse and what-not. Still, being a member of 4chan does not make Lino a far right activist, nor a sexist pig.

Not that I'm saying that's what you were getting at BoroJake, just for CT's sake more than anything. ?

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

To be as fair as humanely possible and so as not to tie Lino in with that kind of crowd, it is a bit of a breeding ground for people like that but not every member should be tarred with that brush. Its content over the years has also been linked to the rise of the meme culture, things like lolcats and Rickrolling. It's got a big anime and gaming culture on there, as such it was also undoubtedly part of what developed the GamerGate movement a few years ago, where prominent female members of the game development industry were targeted with sexual abuse and what-not. Still, being a member of 4chan does not make Lino a far right activist, nor a sexist pig.

Not that I'm saying that's what you were getting at BoroJake, just for CT's sake more than anything. ?

Oh yeah I wasn’t getting at Lino being some far right activist?. I was just saying what it is mainly known for. Can’t say I use 4chan. I imagine it’s much better now than it was a few years ago. The real far right activists use 8chan now since it seems like they got kicked off 4chan for being too extreme 

I've never been a member either, mate. But you are right, I found out about 8chan a few months ago and it does seem like 4chan started cutting down on some of the illegalities over the years which forced the worst to move on.

On 8/18/2019 at 11:52 AM, Neverbefore said:

I dont think we can really say this anymore

Derby are showing that there are plenty of ways around ffp. Villa did, wolves did. If someone wants to put more money in there are lots of ways of doing it.

Do we actually want to follow this kind of lead though? 

11 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Oh yeah I wasn’t getting at Lino being some far right activist?. I was just saying what it is mainly known for. Can’t say I use 4chan. I imagine it’s much better now than it was a few years ago. The real far right activists use 8chan now since it seems like they got kicked off 4chan for being too extreme 

You should see the 16chan lot, now they are real nutters!