oneBoro Forum

Steve Gibson

24 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

I don't understand why there seems to be international interest in all sorts of teams even barnsley of late and yet no one seemingly wanting to invest in us. 

People who buy clubs seem to want it kept quiet that they’re looking, Gibson could have turned down multiple enquiries for all we know and most likely has. 2 ITK people have mentioned red bull having an interest in buying, if it’s true that they had reps at a game last season then it must have progressed at least past the initial stages to get to that point

• Like 1
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

Improved performance but that didn't take much.

Thought we looked better with wing backs but lets be honest, whoever attacks us is going to score goals against us.

On paper apart from possibly Tav swapping for Fletch and Coulson for Marv then that was our strongest team and we still looked completely wide open and poor.

F**k saying the season is about transition and change. What club goes into a season by lowering fans expectations by a ball is even kicked and I don't just mean by appointing Woodgate.

Selling assets, asking for voluntary redundancy and trimming the academy even though the fans were told we were going to turn to youth in the future - children are leaving us and joining sunderland - what does that tell you?

One man to blame for all of this - Steve Gibson. 

I just wish the idiot fans would stop feeding his ego by chanting his name at the matches. Forget the past and look at the present. He is ruining our club and it's only going to get worse.

We did enough asset selling in the summer to survive this season, but next season we are going to be crippled and with the free agents leaving we are also going to sell whats left of our better players.

Today we looked better, but there is deep problems behind the scenes and the players and staff know it. 

Going to be a tough few years ahead as fans and I just wish Gibson finally makes a sensible decision to put the clubs best interest first and sell up.

At this moment in time, it's imperative that fans stick together as Woody won't be going anywhere as we can't afford to make another change.

The best I have heard Gibson is going to do is to try and help Woodgate out by getting an experienced coach in.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Long time no post from me... my contact is under lock and key these days... been told today whilst in the ground that Cleveland Cables had offered to buy the club and pay all of SG debt back to him but he said no.

Could they even afford that? Surely not 

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Long time no post from me... my contact is under lock and key these days... been told today whilst in the ground that Cleveland Cables had offered to buy the club and pay all of SG debt back to him but he said no.

He just can't let go. He will probably want to stay in control in some way shape or form. 

40 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

He just can't let go. He will probably want to stay in control in some way shape or form. 

I agree reckon he just wants a Investor and still own a part of the club however football buyer's like a redbull want total control to make transformation changes like the mancity group have done at Manchester

• Like 2

So he wants the glory without the financial pressure...

I always thought if I had enough money I’d have liked to get a stake in the club but be after any control. Now I think about the same situation and I’d want total control and so would any serious investor/buyer. Any invested money would just get flushed down the toilet of crap buys and daft wages.

• Like 2

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull. 

I don't see many billionaire owners there and very few that have spent any real money. What it shows me is that smaller clubs with far less resources are outperforming us. Even owners like the Venkys and Allams are outperforming us. 

It doesn't suggest to me that Gibson can't compete financially, how many of those clubs have spent 16m on a striker? It suggests to me that he doesn't know how to run a football club properly. 

We can go around in circles arguing about managers and players but while Gibson is calling the shots we are going nowhere. 

• Like 11

@Duvel nail on the head! We are in this position purely down to the terrible decisions made by those running the club, and as your correctly pointed out owners that our fans have previously laughed at for being incompetent are out performing us. Nobody seems to see we are in a relegation fight, nobody seems to see that it’s 90% Gibson’s fault.

hypothetical and controversial question.   Would you swop  Gibson for Ashley right now?

Newcastle probably would in a heartbeat,   in no way am i  wanting this btw , plus it just isnt gonna happen ,,, just  thinking  out loud  and curious to  see if  anyone would.    

38 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

hypothetical and controversial question.   Would you swop  Gibson for Ashley right now?

Newcastle probably would in a heartbeat,   in no way am i  wanting this btw , plus it just isnt gonna happen ,,, just  thinking  out loud  and curious to  see if  anyone would.    

I detest everything Ashley stands for inside and outside of football, an horrible *** specimen, I'd never go to another Boro game if that fat *** was in charge.

• Like 4

I would welcome any Owner or chairman who would be sensible and start sorting out Boro's problems.

But not Fat Boy Ashley one day the crap is gonna hit the fan with that fella and all of his holding will suffer badly.

You know what I could except Woodgate as manager if only Gibson would get in a Director of Football that knows his game and can work with Woodgate .

Too long now we have had DoF's that know nowt about the game they are just money men no football savvy, and they keep buying players that managers don't want.

• Like 4