oneBoro Forum

Steve Gibson

You can cut the wage bill by getting rid of players. 

What worries me is that the people we have already have struggled to play well. When the big earners go, who the hell is gonna step up to the plate to replace them? The only people we will have are the people who have tried and failed already. 

Again, its poor recruitment. It legit makes me angry how far we've fallen from the good times of Karanka. I miss feeling happy and proud to be a boro fan. 

Instead I have to put up with people at work asking questions like, "What's happened to Boro then?" Urgh.

• Like 2
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

Some of our players are on tens of thousands a week and swanning about in brand new cars. They do nothing to earn it. Meanwhile, most of the stadium staff are on minimum wage as it as and having their wages cut. It makes my blood boil.

I'm grateful to Gibson for keeping the club afloat over the years but I think it's time sell up (if we can find a decent buyer)

• Like 1

Ryan Shotton arsing about in a new Aston Martin can be the first go. 

53 minutes ago, Ash said:

I'm grateful to Gibson for keeping the club afloat over the years but I think it's time sell up (if we can find a decent buyer)

I've heard billionaires are queuing up around the block to buy a money-pit football club with poor support in a poverty stricken area.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I've heard billionaires are queuing up around the block to buy a money-pit football club with poor support in a poverty stricken area.

Well red bull apparently were/are and I think they would be perfect. Hurrrr name change hurrrr Red Sox 

2 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Well red bull apparently were/are and I think they would be perfect. Hurrrr name change hurrrr Red Sox 

Would go with a nickname change if they were interested instead of the Boro we could change to the Red Bulls.

Be buggered though if we  were sold to some other company  who is called something like  "Always"  and they wanted to change our nickname. 😟

Nawww that would never workout I can see the headlines in my head now.

• Haha 1

...Ash...I'm grateful to Gibson for keeping the club afloat over the years but I think it's time sell up (if we can find a decent buyer)

Ash I think every Boro supporter deep down inside is grateful to the guy and if truth be known would certainly like the fella to stay at Boro and stay our Chairman and owner.

But I would have to say he would have to change his mindset to change a lot of fans minds now after the mess he as created .

No more allowing old pals to step into jobs at the club that needs football experienced men or women in those positions.

No more buying players without asking managers do they want them.

No more being a club that does not look to the future when putting a person in the managers position.

Literally start taking advice from people in the know and not people that do not know.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

Would go with a nickname change if they were interested instead of the Boro we could change to the Red Bulls.

Be buggered though if we  were sold to some other company  who is called something like  "Always"  and they wanted to change our nickname. 😟

Nawww that would never workout I can see the headlines in my head now.

I can just see it now...the Middlesbro Red Bulls...

*shudders*

Thats worse than the Hull chairman who wanted to change their name to the Hull City Tigers.

Given the choice, I think I'd rather we were sponsored by Vaseline... 🤪

• Like 1

You aren’t allowed to rename teams, hence why hull never got renamed, it’s just an annoying thing people go on about every single time red bull is mentioned. And no They aren’t called ‘redbull Leipzig’

• Like 1

Are people now pointing the finger at players spending the big wages they're on? How dare Ryan Shotton spend tons on a wedding and a new car.

Unbelievable. If Gibson starts pointing fingers at them for not falling in line with the new financial structure, some of you will lap it right up.

Also, if Gibson is cutting the wages of people who need it most to accommodate the wages of those who need it least then at least I can understand why he fell into bed with Simon Clarke.

• Like 3
23 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

That's exactly why I said IF we can find a decent buyer. There were Chinese investors interested a couple of years back but Gibson said no. Maybe he doesn't want to sell at all. We have wasted any money we did have on overpaid crap. I do understand why they're trying to cut the players wages but it shouldn't be the little people who are working part-time on minimum wage as it is.

20 hours ago, Motor Mouth said:

Ash I think every Boro supporter deep down inside is grateful to the guy and if truth be known would certainly like the fella to stay at Boro and stay our Chairman and owner.

But I would have to say he would have to change his mindset to change a lot of fans minds now after the mess he as created .

No more allowing old pals to step into jobs at the club that needs football experienced men or women in those positions.

No more buying players without asking managers do they want them.

No more being a club that does not look to the future when putting a person in the managers position.

Literally start taking advice from people in the know and not people that do not know.

I agree with you on this completely!

12 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Are people now pointing the finger at players spending the big wages they're on? How dare Ryan Shotton spend tons on a wedding and a new car.

Unbelievable. If Gibson starts pointing fingers at them for not falling in line with the new financial structure, some of you will lap it right up.

Also, if Gibson is cutting the wages of people who need it most to accommodate the wages of those who need it least then at least I can understand why he fell into bed with Simon Clarke.

It's not the fact the players are spending the money, anyone would in their position. It's the fact they're being paid tens of thousands a week for doing nothing yet don't have to worry about not getting paid or sacked like anyone else would. I would love to sit on the bench and get paid £35,000 a week for it. And yes, the club staff are being made to start later and finish earlier to cut down on the already miniscule wages they get.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Ash said:

That's exactly why I said IF we can find a decent buyer. There were Chinese investors interested a couple of years back but Gibson said no. Maybe he doesn't want to sell at all. We have wasted any money we did have on overpaid crap. I do understand why they're trying to cut the players wages but it shouldn't be the little people who are working part-time on minimum wage as it is.

This was true headed by Peter Lim but Gibson refused out of hand so he went and bought Valencia who are now in the Champions League 😄

The trouble with wages is the club have handed bumper 30k+ contracts to players who are in the latter years of their career. We have a very aging squad with hardly any players in their prime years of 26. Either young inexperienced or old retiring