oneBoro Forum

Steve Gibson

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

This was true headed by Peter Lim but Gibson refused out of hand so he went and bought Valencia who are now in the Champions League 😄

I think this was someone else I was reading about haha, don't think that was his name. This guy offered Gibson £50 million for a 50 percent share but Gibson refused. I don't think he's ever been interested in selling up, even now!

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Ash said:

I think this was someone else I was reading about haha, don't think that was his name. This guy offered Gibson £50 million for a 50 percent share but Gibson refused. I don't think he's ever been interested in selling up, even now!

This is the kind of investment I can see Gibson tolerating but then again he might want them to have 49% and him to have 51% 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ash said:

It's not the fact the players are spending the money, anyone would in their position. It's the fact they're being paid tens of thousands a week for doing nothing yet don't have to worry about not getting paid or sacked like anyone else would. I would love to sit on the bench and get paid £35,000 a week for it. And yes, the club staff are being made to start later and finish earlier to cut down on the already miniscule wages they get.

Why is it the players fault that they're being paid tons of money? Why should they refuse it? If you had skills in a multimillion pound industry, are you telling me you'd negotiate a contract that protected the lowest paid members of staff? How is that responsibility even remotely in the players' hands over the person who pays both them and those other members of staff? Since when did players have 'manage staff finances' written into their contracts?

19 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Why is it the players fault that they're being paid tons of money? Why should they refuse it? If you had skills in a multimillion pound industry, are you telling me you'd negotiate a contract that protected the lowest paid members of staff? How is that responsibility even remotely in the players' hands over the person who pays both them and those other members of staff? Since when did players have 'manage staff finances' written into their contracts?

I have literally just said it's not their fault they get paid so much and that I would take the money in their position. They shouldn't be on that sort of money, though. (Again, not down to them) Also not blaming them for the fact that people on 30 pound or less a match are having more money taken off them, we know the little people will always suffer more money wise because of no set daily wage or hours on the work contract. The club are in dire straits because of past decisions in which we have wasted money and employed players on ridiculously high wages, we all know that.

Edited by Ash
2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

That would be the worst possible decision he could make.

I'm tempted to say her decision making couldn't be much worse than his in recent years!

I know nothing about her - does she have a reputation for anything which might make her unsuitable to take charge of a football club? Or are you objecting cos it'd be another example of the Craggy Island mentality Gibson has demonstrated over the years?

37 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Don't know if it's already been mentioned on here (apologies if it has) but that Jimmy lad who rang up Tees after the game absolutely nailed it re: Gibbo.  

What was said for our International fans who missed it?

That he hasn't got the knowledge to be making football decisions, his intervening when it's not wanted ie bringing stewy back when karanka didn't really want him, and how the club's being going downhill since kenyon stopped being involved.  There was more to it than that but it was a couple of hours ago and my memory's not what it was.  

It was good though because he actually gave reasons why fans aren't happy about the direction the club's been going in and they were well made, so it couldn't just be lazily dismissed as a "why can't he sell us to the arabs" rant like usual

• Like 2

Gibbo has needed a knowledgeable DoF since at least 2014, definitely pre promotion 

His control of MFC has been in serious doubt, decision making wise for a number of years and his management of the PL promotion coffers has been nothing but disastrous

Bulkhaul YES  MFC in the modern game NO

Woodgate has become the sacrificial goat in a Gibbo cluster fu*k 

• Like 1

Feel sorry for Woodgate, he accepted the role then was totally screwed over in the back room staff they failed to get in and then the awful transfer period over the summer. Add to that how woefully unprepared he is at management and we are in this situation where the only way we are heading is to D1. Saying nonsense like the league table lies and that we’re playing well but just unlucky shows how completely out of his depth (and out of ideas) he is. It’s a shame but was inevitable.