• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Saw a twitter rumour earlier today, but I can't find it again (might be deleted) ... 

Keane is doing his badges, and if Woody doesn't turn the ship in the right direction, Keane might be the next captain of the ship that is Boro. 

Remember the early days this season .. Keane said between the lines, that him and woody didn't agree on all tactics... 

Could this be, what @diggerlad07 has heard snippets of?

Why would we want him?

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Because Woody is at breaking point in the fans eyes and at least he would be a different, cheap face to criticise for a few months, giving Gibson more time to hide behind his errors?

When did you become so cynical? 🧐

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

When did you become so cynical? 🧐

What are you on about? You taught me that. It was lesson one of your "Changing Times' In Dock Tree Nation" class. You still never explained why you called it that, very strange.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

What are you on about? You taught me that. It was lesson one of your "Changing Times' In Dock Tree Nation" class. You still never explained why you called it that, very strange.

I'm happy and carefree, me.  I weep for your soul 😢

I know this is largely based on conjecture at present, but...

If Gibson actually is trying to keep the wolves from the door for six months at a time, he must have an exit strategy in mind. No company chairman operates like that in the long term. Especially since we clearly have a squad better than League One standard (and yes, I know other clubs relegated to L1 probably also felt they had squads strong enough to avoid that fate).

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I know this is largely based on conjecture at present, but...

If Gibson actually is trying to keep the wolves from the door for six months at a time, he must have an exit strategy in mind. No company chairman operates like that in the long term. Especially since we clearly have a squad better than League One standard (and yes, I know other clubs relegated to L1 probably also felt they had squads strong enough to avoid that fate).

I still wonder if it has anything to do with the apparent redbull interest. According to the ITk on here they were keen and visited the stadium last season, for them to visit the stadium would mean they had some kind of talks beyond initial enquiries. Now Gibson is essentially asset stripping and reinvesting the absolute minimum into the club.

According to the accounts and those who are good at reading them we aren’t in trouble from FFP and if he wanted Gibson could inject extra funds.

Idk all signs point to him selling imo

4 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

I still wonder if it has anything to do with the apparent redbull interest. According to the ITk on here they were keen and visited the stadium last season, for them to visit the stadium would mean they had some kind of talks beyond initial enquiries. Now Gibson is essentially asset stripping and reinvesting the absolute minimum into the club.

According to the accounts and those who are good at reading them we aren’t in trouble from FFP and if he wanted Gibson could inject extra funds.

Idk all signs point to him selling imo

It's my belief that Gibson has been looking to sell for a while now. I don't think there's actually any interest.

Gibson doesn't have a bottomless pit of money though. Saying he can invest more than he does because of FFP surely only means he could if he can commit to spending that much.

Again talking about financial stability, the club has to try it's best to stand on its own two legs and not need constant investment from outside. Part of that is getting the financial decisions right, the balancing part of that is not to invest as much as you can when you get it wrong. 

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Gibson doesn't have a bottomless pit of money though. Saying he can invest more than he does because of FFP surely only means he could if he can commit to spending that much.

Again talking about financial stability, the club has to try it's best to stand on its own two legs and not need constant investment from outside. Part of that is getting the financial decisions right, the balancing part of that is not to invest as much as you can when you get it wrong. 

My point is we are in a position where he most likely will HAVE to, wether that is to remove the current coaching team or buy in January. Wether he does or doesn’t will be quite telling.

Woody and Keane had a heated discussion on the training ground in front of the players (totally unprofessional) but it stemmed from Randolph getting called up by Ireland and Woody questioned his commitment for the cause

Several players then supposedly got involved taking certain sides and things escalated very quickly.

Keane told to have a few days off and go and do his coaching badges and we supposedly brought in some ex players to help with the coaching sessions this week.

Sounds very messy to me and exactly what we don't need with further unrest in the camp.

And Gibson has been asking the players what has gone on and scheduled a meeting with coaching staff next week.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Woody and Keane had a heated discussion on the training ground in front of the players (totally unprofessional) but it stemmed from Randolph getting called up by Ireland and Woody questioned his commitment for the cause

Several players then supposedly got involved taking certain sides and things escalated very quickly.

Keane told to have a few days off and go and do his coaching badges and we supposedly brought in some ex players to help with the coaching sessions this week.

Sounds very messy to me and exactly what we don't need with further unrest in the camp.

And Gibson has been asking the players what has gone on and scheduled a meeting with coaching staff next week.

Oh dear.......