oneBoro Forum

Steve Gibson

7 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Woody and Keane had a heated discussion on the training ground in front of the players (totally unprofessional) but it stemmed from Randolph getting called up by Ireland and Woody questioned his commitment for the cause

Several players then supposedly got involved taking certain sides and things escalated very quickly.

Keane told to have a few days off and go and do his coaching badges and we supposedly brought in some ex players to help with the coaching sessions this week.

Sounds very messy to me and exactly what we don't need with further unrest in the camp.

And Gibson has been asking the players what has gone on and scheduled a meeting with coaching staff next week.

There was talk earlier in pre-season that some of the players were more aligned with RK when it comes to certain things on the training pitch and some confusion between the different messages coming from both RK and JW with the latter stating on a number of occasions he is the manager and he will make the decisions so to speak. We know by definition that RK should act as a sounding board with his own views but he should also ultimately be advocate, counsel and cheerleader for JW's direction which doesnt appear to the case. 

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Woody and Keane had a heated discussion on the training ground in front of the players (totally unprofessional) but it stemmed from Randolph getting called up by Ireland and Woody questioned his commitment for the cause

Several players then supposedly got involved taking certain sides and things escalated very quickly.

Keane told to have a few days off and go and do his coaching badges and we supposedly brought in some ex players to help with the coaching sessions this week.

Sounds very messy to me and exactly what we don't need with further unrest in the camp.

And Gibson has been asking the players what has gone on and scheduled a meeting with coaching staff next week.

Ahh, it wouldn't be a proper Boro season without at least one member of staff being told to stay away from the training ground 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Ahh, it wouldn't be a proper Boro season without at least one member of staff being told to stay away from the training ground 🤦‍♂️

Ha ha yeah you are exactly right. Grown men arguing all over a game of football

5 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Diggerlad .. You think RK could replace JW .. if the bad results continue? 

Which players follow RK and vice versa

I don't think think Keane will be here by the end of the season if things continue in this way. 

I don't know who was supporting who unfortunately.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

I don't think think Keane will be here by the end of the season if things continue in this way. 

I don't know who was supporting who unfortunately.

So that suggests that there's no chance of Woody going even though he's doing a woefully inadequate job and the players are seriously underperforming under his management?