oneBoro Forum

Steve Gibson

Does anyone not just think Randolph is referring to social media i.e. Fans stupidly questioning his injury after he normally receives good praise? I still buy into he is nearly due back from injury, but the QPR game is too soon therefore should be ready for the 2nd International game as that's the important one for them. 

Surely RK can't of had a bust up Monday, told to have a few days off and do his coaching badges which he is then booked straight onto Tuesday/Wednesday ready to be back with the training yesterday??? 

Personally (and not a dig at anyone on here) I think people are just putting together a few snippets of rumours and making a story to match them all!...i.e. we have had separate comments all week about Randolph's injury, RK doing badges, additional coaches being looked at etc....David Walliams might do a children's book on us next 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

The account just makes stuff up. Round rejected us from the start, and Woodgate was the reason he wouldn't come. That hasn't changed.

Or if it wasn't totally made-up to begin with, he probably took one look at the mess he could be walking into and went:

no way do not want GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
44 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

David Walliams might do a children's book on us next 🙂 

We don't need David Walliams - we could write it ourselves. It could be called "The very silly manager":

"Once upon a time, a very silly boy called Woody was trying to be a grown-up. He got everyone he knew together, sat them all down, and told them he was going to decide what they all did from now on. But people weren't sure if they believed him, because Woody's best friend, Robbie the Robin, kept popping up and telling them what to do as well. If Woody said run forwards, Robbie said run backwards. Woody would tell them the best way to count to ten was 4,3,3, but Robbie would say it was actually 5,4,1. It was very confusing.

"One day, Woody and Robbie had a big row about Randolph the reindeer. Randolph wanted to go and play with another group of friends, and Robbie said that was fine, but Woody said it wasn't. Woody and Robbie called each other lots of bad things in front of everyone, and then Robbie flew off to learn how to be better at being a grown-up than Woody, and Randolph went off to be with his other friends, who he secretly preferred being with anyway. And that left Woody all alone, as he prepared to tell his Uncle Stevie why he wasn't very good at being a grown-up."

Anyone know a good illustrator?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

a player that claims to be injured for club team but okay to play for national team you mean? Yeah your right, i wouldnt question his commitment at all. 

Keane backs up his national keeper and argument starts.... Pretty easy to believe if you ask me

But he's not claiming to be outright okay to play for the national team, McCarthy has said that. He's only going to be fit for the qualifier, it's not like he's playing in both games.

You're also making it out like no national team has ever called up an injured player with the hope of them being available even for just one game. It's not unheard of at all and it's hardly ever based on lack of commitment to the club. And Ireland's situation at the top of their group is worrying going into their final game. Look at the table, they're top but probably won't be come the Denmark game given Denmark play Gibraltar and Switzerland play Georgia whilst Ireland are in a friendly. They need to beat Denmark to have a chance and going by the goal difference and the fact Switzerland then play Gibraltar, they're going to need a huge dose of luck to really get through. To say they need Randolph if he's available is a bit of an understatement.

The timeline for his injury sounds entirely reasonable to me, too. And as a former national team player himself, I sincerely doubt Woodgate would find him responding to a national team call-up in the situation Ireland are in as showing a lack of commitment to us just because he'll probably play for them next before us.

I don't want to be contrary for the sake of it mate, but this does all sound incredibly hard to believe. And if any of it is true, Woodgate questioning Randolph's loyalty, he wouldn't have my support for that.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

But he's not claiming to be outright okay to play for the national team, McCarthy has said that. He's only going to be fit for the qualifier, it's not like he's playing in both games.

You're also making it out like no national team has ever called up an injured player with the hope of them being available even for just one game. It's not unheard of at all and it's hardly ever based on lack of commitment to the club. And Ireland's situation at the top of their group is worrying going into their final game. Look at the table, they're top but probably won't be come the Denmark game given Denmark play Gibraltar and Switzerland play Georgia whilst Ireland are in a friendly. They need to beat Denmark to have a chance and going by the goal difference and the fact Switzerland then play Gibraltar, they're going to need a huge dose of luck to really get through. To say they need Randolph if he's available is a bit of an understatement.

The timeline for his injury sounds entirely reasonable to me, too. And as a former national team player himself, I sincerely doubt Woodgate would find him responding to a national team call-up in the situation Ireland are in as showing a lack of commitment to us just because he'll probably play for them next before us.

I don't want to be contrary for the sake of it mate, but this does all sound incredibly hard to believe. And if any of it is true, Woodgate questioning Randolph's loyalty, he wouldn't have my support for that.

I am only passing on what i have heard and i also hope its not true regarding Randolph. Honestly mate, there isn't any hard feelings on my side with you not believing the information i have received and its up to you all to choose if you believe it or not.

However, i dont blame Woodgate questioning his commitment especially as i dont believe players should be called upon by national team if they are injured or haven't been playing. Its ridiculous and puts the club and player at risk in numerous ways.

If Randolph isnt fully fit and injures 'his groin' further whilst away on national duty and it could of been avoided then how do you think Woodgate and the club are going to react? Who pays his wages at the end of the day and we are in a relegation scrap after all.

I feel that people are listening too much to what the gazette prints these days about the club.

I think we may things happen/come out during the international break especially if we get beat by QPR.

Arguments are part an parcel of the game and they happen frequently on the training ground so there isnt anything to suggest that it cant be fixed. I am sure Woody and Keane have had arguments between themselves over the 20year relationship but it all depends on how Gibson see's it.

I don't believe Gibson will do anything regarding Woodgate as we cant afford to replace him.

I'm not doubting what you've heard @diggerlad07, as I've tried to convey, there's no hard feelings from me to you. I'm just hugely sceptical of the information you've provided in this case. It's nothing personal, I still want you to keep passing stuff along as you hear it, I don't feel like you're *** stirring or anything but I do think any info that's passed on is definitely open to scrutiny. I appreciate it's difficult to scrutinize and not look like I'm trying to take you down, though. 👍

As for your opinion regarding Randolph, he's an international player and there's never once been any question from the very start of his commitment to both us and Ireland. Him going off to play for them before us is nothing more than the way the timeline has fallen during his recovery. If Randolph had recovered in time to play against QPR this weekend, nobody would be batting an eyelid. But the fact is he's expecting to recover in time for Ireland's 2nd game. That's absolutely nothing to do with a lack of commitment to us, nor a change at all in any of his commitments to anyone he represents. He's a player with an injury recovering during an international break and there's absolutely no problem with that whatsoever.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

FWIW, my brother's source is a member of the coaching staff, so he's more likely to know what's been going on than most.

Didn't he also have a source that was a player?  Your brother isn't one of those nerds that hang around the club all the time trying to make friends with the people there is he?  If you don't want to upset him you can pm the reply and I won't tell him what you really think of him 🙃

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Didn't he also have a source that was a player?  Your brother isn't one of those nerds that hang around the club all the time trying to make friends with the people there is he?  If you don't want to upset him you can pm the reply and I won't tell him what you really think of him 🙃

From memory the player in question was literally a source for everyone, so that one I entirely believe.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He used to/still does play football regularly with Dimi. 

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

image.png.b4c74624d519dfc060cd8d467201e3fb.png

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

From memory the player in question was literally a source for everyone, so that one I entirely believe.

He wasn't a source for me as I've never met him or visited his restaurant or stalked followed him on social media.