oneBoro Forum

Steve Gibson

It's just going full circle again. This club is rotton 

Not a shock tho  we made this push towards youth and playing good football and then immediately throw it out of the window at the first sign of trouble, don't get me wrong staying in this leauge is priority right now so maybe short term goals have to to be prioritised but we're never gonna break the cycle. 
Gibson reverts to his old ways every time something goes wrong. Rinse and repeat. 

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

ffs from Pulis to Warnock. from one screaming dinosaur to another - I couldn't give a toss if he makes us 'hard to beat' you'd have to be mad to support it

and it's not going to change the players, Friend/Shotton/Randolph/Gestede/Browne/Dijksteel/Britt/McNair are still going to be injured

Can you really blame them? Every fan still wants this project of more attacking football and bringing Jokanovic in instead of Woodgate was the obvious thing that was needed, and every Boro fan knew this at the time. 

• Like 2
Just now, DevKWat said:

Can you really blame them? Every fan still wants this project of more attacking football and bringing Jokanovic in instead of Woodgate was the obvious thing that was needed, and every Boro fan knew this at the time. 

All about saving those £££££ 

My own belief is that Gibson is balancing the books ready for a sale, I just can’t see it any other way as all the signs are pointing that direction. A major problem being that as everyone knows the North East teams seem to be at the back of the line.

Unsure of how legit the Red Bull claims were but that really got my hopes up as they would be a great fit, look what they’ve done for Leipzig in the Bundesliga in such a short space of time, 3rd/4th and Champions League every season. Most importantly, an extremely well run club which is the biggest thing we need right now. 

• Like 3

I called this weeks ago, if Woodgate goes then it'll be a reversion back to functional football with a pragmatic manager. 

Saying that if we are fighting relegation without any money then Warnock is going to get better results than Woodgate. He's also more likely to keep us in the division. 

This is where we are now as a club unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Neil Warnock being available, I can see something similar to Gibson and Warnock saying they've wanted to work together a long time but the opportunity never came up.

Gibson's basically going on a retirement tour of managers since Monk went wrong.

59 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Neil Warnock being available, I can see something similar to Gibson and Warnock saying they've wanted to work together a long time but the opportunity never came up.

Gibson's basically going on a retirement tour of managers since Monk went wrong.

Really? 

Last I heard he was quoted as saying his recent spell at Cardiff was going to be his swansong.

I mean, I certainly wouldn't object if he changed his mind...but I'd be very surprised.

I don’t see why anyone would turn their nose up to warnock? I mean I’d like to see stendel brought in, we SHOULD have brought the cowleys in, but now is not the time for another gamble.

If we do change manager it will be the one shot we get at it and surely warnock is the sensible option? A contract till the end of the season, he keeps us up and we part ways is surely win win for everyone.

Are people still worried about style of football when we are close to relegation to league 1 ffs?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I don’t see why anyone would turn their nose up to warnock? I mean I’d like to see stendel brought in, we SHOULD have brought the cowleys in, but now is not the time for another gamble.

If we do change manager it will be the one shot we get at it and surely warnock is the sensible option? A contract till the end of the season, he keeps us up and we part ways is surely win win for everyone.

Are people still worried about style of football when we are close to relegation to league 1 ffs?

I am.  I was *** sick of it under Pulis, I'm sick of it under Woodgate and I'll be just as sick of it if we hire Warnock.  Boro season cards should have ' A glutton for punishment' on them.

So we appoint Warnock and he keeps us up this season, then what?  You are one of the people who have complained about Boro not having some kind of long term plan, well how more short term could you get than giving Warnock the job until the end of the season and before parting ways?  Then we go back to Woodgate presumably and end up in the same position 6 months later and people talking about us getting someone else in?  It's bloody stupid.  If Woodgate isn't the man for it now then sack him and hire someone who is going to take the club forwards over the next few years.  That's not Warnock.  Let's just play crap football for ever and ever and achieve nothing in the process - the perfect win double.

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Jesus Christ 😡

Lol! Right now I'd take Sam Allardyce if it meant us staying up.

We're in freefall...a rudderless ship, with the captain drinking himself into stupor in his cabin. We're Rome on fire and Woodgate is Emperor Nero.

Warnock is about the only "old face" who hasn't had a stint at the Riverside and I'd be quite happy to see him take over. Lets face it, he couldn't do any worse.

And for all the stick a lot of fans gave Pulis, he did a half decent job. Maybe not the one he was appointed to do (get us promoted) but at least we weren't staring at the abyss.