I know we were discussing possible GKs we could look at in summer and noted Smithies at Cardiff is not getting a game. He got injured in a game about a month ago and Phillips stepped in and latter has since kept his spot. Obv if that remains the case until end of season Smithies might look to leave, he has a year left on his deal. Someone Warnock might look at.
Also as far as target men go, if Norwich go up i dont expect Hugill to be part of they PL plans, he barely gets a game as it is. He might be another one we look at given Warnock said this week there are not many target men about who are available.
And so it ends not with a bang but with a whimper:
With our hopes of the play offs diminishing inconsistent Boro are being sent to Coventry (well actually Birmingham).
Heres what we I have thrown together.
The strikers, the recruitment team and the tea lady have all been thrown under the bus in recent weeks.
Who will be thrown this week?
What Team and Formation Will Warnock go with? What would you do?
At what point do we stop playing the loan lads?
Some pictures to make boring stats look interesting:
We all remember Keith O’Neil but who were the last two players to move between Coventry and Middlesbrough (clue: they were loan deals)?
Opposition Danger Man
Forest legend Des Walker’s kid is the main threat and with stats like those you know our recruitment team will be watching him closely.
Coventry Up Next Tuesday.
There's a similar post over on FMTTM. Rather than rewrite I'm just going to copy and paste my thoughts.
My take on Boro world at the moment:
1. I've gone off Warnock this week. He is now willing to throw anyone - players, scouts, medics (Fletcher fitness) under the bus. Not nice to see and is not what an experienced manager anywhere should be doing.
2. Our tactics recently have been awful. We have decent footballers being asked to hoof it. Pointless.
3. Coaching. Why on earth has Warnock and his team not been able to coach simple skills like heading clearances? Aitor fixed that within weeks for example.
4. Stop banging on about Keifer Moore. It's embarrassing. You have enough in the squad if you use them correctly. But none are going to win header after header. Oh and Moore was shocking yesterday. Did absolutely nothing. So what have we missed?
5. All other teams have no income but some well coached teams- Barnsley, Swansea, Reading - are doing very well. Stop making excuses.
6. Pick a keeper. Bettinneli is hopeless. Has to be priority in the summer.
7. Gibson decide what you want in terms of style. Stick to it long term.
8. I'm not sure another season of Warnock is what we need. I'm hoping for a Paul Cook type - unless Ipswich nab him first.