oneBoro Forum

Steve Gibson

The trouble is Gibson hasn't learnt from his mistakes. As personally I feel we have done a very similar pathway to 2009 when we we're relagated apart from give Strachan a chest of cash to blow we give it too Monk. Then this mess was handed to Pulis who job was to challenge for promotion by offloading all our attacking talent in Bamford, Traore and Braithwaite.had abit more gamble with Pulis. Then the next step is to hire a local hero Mowbray then now Woodgate inorder to lower fan's expectations for a year or two but the trouble is this plan has failed now and if Gibson doesn't find a magic bullet like he did with Karanka we are screwed no other way too put it. The way Gibson has mismanaged the clubs finances is beyond belief! We are either boom or bust no inbetween

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

I was in a privileged situation to what was going on behind the scenes under Pulis and everyone knew he was doing a cracking job under the circumstances. 

The players found his training boring and predictable but they knew what he was brought in to do by Gibson.

Fans need to be careful to what they wish for in the future.

Woodgate is out his depth and should never have been given the opportunity - we all agree on that, but he was the cheap option and is a YES man to the messiah.

From what I have heard he is here to stay unfortunately.

The big licks were interviewed in the summer and they all turned down the opportunity themself because they knew there wasn't any money for the foreseeable.

I warned you all how bad financially we are and what is to come. 

It's the stewards turn now - they have been offered to work on a voluntary basis... WTF? How this club getting run behind the scenes is beyond me?

I am friends with the events manager and we are going to try to use that avenue as much as possible to get some extra income in to support rockcliffe and matchday staff.

Players are turning up late for training - one thing Woody said in his press conferences is that he wouldnt tolerate that, however he's been instructed to put it to one side as we don't have any other alternatives to play.

I really really worry what is happening to OUR club and the only reason Gibson isn't coming out to address the fans is because I believe he is embarrassed by all of his mistakes.

Let the asset sale begin.

Edited by diggerlad07
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

So Woody can't even enact his no tolerance on lateness because of Gibson? Utterly shambolic.

He could fine them I suppose but Gibson has told him to accept it for now and carry on putting them in the match day squad. I would expect these to be moved on in January for sure

13 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

A manager with his hands thoroughly tied behind his back and still the fans will point fingers at him and not Gibson. I wonder how the players see it.

I think the majority of them are past caring and are looking for their next move.

Steve Round to be approached by Middlesbrough following a failed approach in the summer. It is understood that a deal to become Director of Football if wages can be agreed. Understand Adrian Bevington & Gary Gill to leave which held up the summer deal.

#boro @Boro 

[@bbcemt] ✍🏼 https://t.co/E7ZjvARKZx

• Wow 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mj south said:

Steve Round to be approached by Middlesbrough following a failed approach in the summer. It is understood that a deal to become Director of Football if wages can be agreed. Understand Adrian Bevington & Gary Gill to leave which held up the summer deal.

#boro @Boro 

[@bbcemt] ✍🏼 https://t.co/E7ZjvARKZx

Holy *** tell me this is real!!??

• Like 1
4 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

He could fine them I suppose but Gibson has told him to accept it for now and carry on putting them in the match day squad. I would expect these to be moved on in January for sure

Well, we wouldn't want performances to dip as a result of players being fined and becoming unhappy 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Gill and bevington held up the deal....

Surprise surprise our incompetent ‘recruitment team’ *** up yet another deal.

Well, no, Gibson would appear to have messed it up if the issue was Gill and Bevington staying on.  I'm struggling to believe this though as it would actually make us an even bigger shambles than we already appear to be and Gibson can't be that incompetent.