oneBoro Forum
DevKWat

Steve Gibson

2 hours ago, mj south said:

Steve Round to be approached by Middlesbrough following a failed approach in the summer. It is understood that a deal to become Director of Football if wages can be agreed. Understand Adrian Bevington & Gary Gill to leave which held up the summer deal.

#boro @Boro 

[@bbcemt] ✍🏼 https://t.co/E7ZjvARKZx

This is what I had heard along with interviewing for another coach

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well, no, Gibson would appear to have messed it up if the issue was Gill and Bevington staying on.  I'm struggling to believe this though as it would actually make us an even bigger shambles than we already appear to be and Gibson can't be that incompetent.

Tbh I find it totally believable, remember karankas time here not only did it feel like 2 different factions wanted players, but we missed out on countless targets aswell. I truly believe our recruitment team is as shamoblic and amature as it comes across.

15 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Tbh I find it totally believable, remember karankas time here not only did it feel like 2 different factions wanted players, but we missed out on countless targets aswell. I truly believe our recruitment team is as shamoblic and amature as it comes across.

Yeah but this isn't a player it's a DoF and the only person making that decision must be Gibson so there can't be different factions.  If he has prioritised Gill and Bevington over Round and then changed his mind a few months later then I find it really hard to fathom what's going on in his head lately.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adrian-bevington-outlines-middlesbroughs-plan-16431575

Bevington was front and centre in all this but now he's being booted out for Round who we tried to appoint in the summer anyway?  Like I say, I find it difficult to believe because it's just a complete mess in every possible way.

For that exact reason I don’t find it to hard to believe haha.

I think it's a good start if it comes off...Finally we'd be taking a step we should have taken in the summer, how Gill has stolen a pay check here as long as he has is madness

• Like 4

"insert handful of salt" Cant help but think this is THE back up plan from Gibbo if the Woodgate experiment never materialised, maybe he thought it never would and Woody was only ever a interim position??

New (intended target) manager January ?

Fair play to him if this is genuine and cannot be seen as anything but a positive step forward in any financial restructuring surely ?

Maybe i,m wrong though

3 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

That's a completely bogus source lads

I so wanted the departure of Gary Gill to be true 😞

4 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

That's a completely bogus source lads

Noooo I found this as a glimmer of light in the tunnel. But honestly I don't know what clubs doing at the minute we are a club with our head in the sand and the silence is deafening 😖

I did find it weird that some people were sharing that around given the source. Immediately after saying Ayala is close to agreeing a wage-cut to sign an extension, along with Howson. If that's gonna happen, it's not gonna be in November whilst we're sat in the bottom 3.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I did find it weird that some people were sharing that around given the source. Immediately after saying Ayala is close to agreeing a wage-cut to sign an extension, along with Howson. If that's gonna happen, it's not gonna be in November whilst we're sat in the bottom 3.

C220B2C6-184E-4576-9F84-F8541D9E2FEA.jpeg

On 11/3/2019 at 12:51 PM, mj south said:

Steve Round to be approached by Middlesbrough following a failed approach in the summer. It is understood that a deal to become Director of Football if wages can be agreed. Understand Adrian Bevington & Gary Gill to leave which held up the summer deal.

#boro @Boro 

[@bbcemt] ✍🏼 https://t.co/E7ZjvARKZx

Wasn't he one of our coaches under McLaren?

I have no idea what qualifies one to be a DoF but this seems a bit surprising.

That said, I am so desperate to see changes of any kind, at this point, that anything that could lead to a shake up of our playing staff recruitment and footballing philosophy is welcome.

• Like 1

I presume I'm not the only one regularly visiting the OB homepage hoping to see a new thread titled "Woodgate sacked", then?