• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Johnmfc81 said:

But is being paid for the pleasure I assume.. 😂

Well, not really.  Gibson just lets him use the golf course for half price at certain off peak times, he gets a 5% discount on a room at Rockliffe and a free dessert at The Orangery (just as long as he orders a starter and main).  That's the standard pay package for all of our coaching staff now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Well, not really.  Gibson just lets him use the golf course for half price at certain off peak times, he gets a 5% discount on a room at Rockliffe and a free dessert at The Orangery (just as long as he orders a starter and main).  That's the standard pay package for all of our coaching staff now. 

Well I guess that explains the standard of our coaching then. 🙄

41 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Why is Keane not present at training? Surely as a coach that's what your paid to do isnt it? 

He mentioned he was doing one of his final coaching badges in Heerenveen on Instagram apparently? Something like that. Not unheard of in the game, hell Southgate did all of his badges on the job and nearly got forced out beyond the club's control because of it.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Keane isn’t there. All talk over summer (when it was obvious is was going to be Woodgate) was a DoF and young, exciting coaching team around Woody. Steve Round declined, Keane is helping out his mate as has been said, Coyne brought in at the last minute and Leo as the most senior member of the coaching staff.  Couldn’t make it up. Utter shambles. Added in the transfer window and Gibson pulling the plug on loan players, is it any wonder we are fighting relegation? I think we’ll be well adrift by Xmas. 

Mental to think we could potentially go into the Third tier with a outlayed £27m strike force. £151 million operating losses so far this decade which includes our season in the top flight and parachute payments is a sobering thought.

7 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

Mental to think we could potentially go into the Third tier with a outlayed £27m strike force. £151 million operating losses so far this decade which includes our season in the top flight and parachute payments is a sobering thought.

Sobering thought for us but not the hierarchy of MFC it seems:classic_sad: 

Saw a twitter rumour earlier today, but I can't find it again (might be deleted) ... 

Keane is doing his badges, and if Woody doesn't turn the ship in the right direction, Keane might be the next captain of the ship that is Boro. 

Remember the early days this season .. Keane said between the lines, that him and woody didn't agree on all tactics... 

Could this be, what @diggerlad07 has heard snippets of?

4 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Saw a twitter rumour earlier today, but I can't find it again (might be deleted) ... 

Keane is doing his badges, and if Woody doesn't turn the ship in the right direction, Keane might be the next captain of the ship that is Boro. 

Remember the early days this season .. Keane said between the lines, that him and woody didn't agree on all tactics... 

Could this be, what @diggerlad07 has heard snippets of?

Interesting @SmogDane. I wonder if there is anything in it?

Of course they don't agree on everything, that's what Woody said from the most positive of talks on him and Keane from the very start. He didn't want a yes man on his team. Unlike Gibson, of course.

14 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Of course they don't agree on everything, that's what Woody said from the most positive of talks on him and Keane from the very start. He didn't want a yes man on his team. Unlike Gibson, of course.

Well that's something positive to be said about Woody, I suppose...