• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

If Woodgate and Keane, mates for about 20 years, fall out entirely over something on the training pitch, I'll eat my hat. I'm not questioning you personally diggerlad, but I also find it very hard to believe the story of Randolph of all players having his commitment questioned by Woodgate. Rare is it we've seen someone so undeniably professional, truly earning their way the way Randolph has done during his time here. It's like if Tony Pulis got up in arms about Grant Leadbitter due to his commitment, it just doesn't align with how I recognise these people and fundamentally something massive would have to change for me to not question that kind of story. I suspect whatever truth is in there has been completely blown out of proportion.

• Like 3

I’d agree with the above. 

Going by what else has been said about players siding between the 2 I wonder if it was Keanes ‘commitment for the cause’ which was questioned which then blown up into a row between the 2 sides. Maybe some wires got crossed/chinese whispers.

I can’t see a manager questioning commitment of a solid professional for playing for his country during an international break. But maybe an assistant who’s apparently regularly absent...

2 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

I’d agree with the above. 

Going by what else has been said about players siding between the 2 I wonder if it was Keanes ‘commitment for the cause’ which was questioned which then blown up into a row between the 2 sides. Maybe some wires got crossed/chinese whispers.

I can’t see a manager questioning commitment of a solid professional for playing for his country during an international break. But maybe an assistant who’s apparently regularly absent...

a player that claims to be injured for club team but okay to play for national team you mean? Yeah your right, i wouldnt question his commitment at all. 

Keane backs up his national keeper and argument starts.... Pretty easy to believe if you ask me

11 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

a player that claims to be injured for club team but okay to play for national team you mean? Yeah your right, i wouldnt question his commitment at all. 

Keane backs up his national keeper and argument starts.... Pretty easy to believe if you ask me

Is there no medical staff now or have they been made redundant too?

Surely the medical staff would be able to say whether Randolph is infact. Injured or not. 

3 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Surely the medical staff would be able to say whether Randolph is infact. Injured or not. 

That would mean believing anything the club puts out. Do you honestly trust anything the club would have to say on the matter at this moment in time?

FWIW I hope it's not true, I love Randolph and think he's the best keeper we've had since Schwarzer, but I know he's also the only player we have a chance of making any money on in January and if he's not happy here, he should go.

53 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

That would mean believing anything the club puts out. Do you honestly trust anything the club would have to say on the matter at this moment in time?

FWIW I hope it's not true, I love Randolph and think he's the best keeper we've had since Schwarzer, but I know he's also the only player we have a chance of making any money on in January and if he's not happy here, he should go.

No unfortunately I don't trust the club right now and that upsets me. I've followed boro all my life, and I proudly tell ppl I meet that too (I live in Wales but was born in Middlesbrough.)

But to say the club is lieing about Randolph's injury, and this spat between RK and JW tells me that the club ain't telling JW this. Otherwise why argue with RK and question Randolph's commitment when its the club forcing his hand?

1 hour ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I have wondered myself about this and questioned that fact in regards to Gestede.

On a personal note it seems as if RK is not doing a good job anyway and would we notice any difference if he parted ways?

Just another example of the complete and utter mess we are in.

I'm actually going to St James tomorrow as a Bournemouth fans,  mate of mine is originally a Bournemouth lad.

Looking forward to it more than Boro games, says it all really .

Utter shambles of a club. 

That’s the fun of being a Boro fan. It’s never boring. We’re always at one end of the table or the other. It’s rare to see us languishing all season in mid-table 

If Randolph has any sense he'll have his agent looking for a new club for him. 

He's been brilliant in the last 2 years and deserves to be playing at a better club than us. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

That’s the fun of being a Boro fan. It’s never boring. We’re always at one end of the table or the other. It’s rare to see us languishing all season in mid-table 

I preferred it when we were at the other end of the table, though!

Worrying that the Boro coaching staff appear to be having public rows in front of the players. Regardless of who said what, and why, it's going to filter down to matchday performances. When the players look over at the bench mid-match, they'll remember what happened and wonder if it's worth listening to the instructions they're receiving.

it also speaks volumes for Woodgate's judgement that the man he wanted as his number two is (a) hardly ever there and (b) arguing with him, while the players he identified in this supposedly outstanding pitch to be head coach have all failed to add anything to the team.

Wonder what Gibson will say to them next week? Can't imagine there'll be much positive to discuss, unless we manage to beat QPR, which seems unlikely.

6 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I preferred it when we were at the other end of the table, though!

Worrying that the Boro coaching staff appear to be having public rows in front of the players. Regardless of who said what, and why, it's going to filter down to matchday performances. When the players look over at the bench mid-match, they'll remember what happened and wonder if it's worth listening to the instructions they're receiving.

it also speaks volumes for Woodgate's judgement that the man he wanted as his number two is (a) hardly ever there and (b) arguing with him, while the players he identified in this supposedly outstanding pitch to be head coach have all failed to add anything to the team.

Wonder what Gibson will say to them next week? Can't imagine there'll be much positive to discuss, unless we manage to beat QPR, which seems unlikely.

Yes interesting times indeed. The alleged row though could give Gibson his get out of jail card because it would give him the excuse to wield the axe without admitting to getting things wrong in the first place. Just blame the row on creating disharmony