oneBoro Forum

Steve Gibson

19 hours ago, Jamie-H said:

Catching up on the Keane conspiracies I'll just say if I judged who was our main coach based off the clubs pics and videos in pre season I'd say Frankie Hunter looked like the main coach running sessions which erm I guess is a compliment to her but Leo, Woodgate and Keane never really caught my eye as particularly assertive in anything really before we kicked a competitive ball I thought that still assess things that way 3 months on.

The standard of coaching is one of our biggest problems even Agnew brought on Joe Jordan, honestly if by a miracle Woodgate gets sacked Craig Liddle's the best coach at the club we'd be no worse off with him in charge of the first team.

She was headhunted by Ronald Koeman so very highly thought of

• Like 1
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

This season has the potential to be much, much worse.. 

Results wise, it almost certainly will be whether we recover or don't, I accepted that at the start. We'll see but considering we're in the bottom 3 and I still don't feel anywhere near as bad as last year, that goes some way to tell you how much I hated being a Boro fan trying to talk about the club last year. It was flat out impossible to even discuss anything without it turning into a ***-slinging match against Pulis, no chance of making a reasoned point.

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Results wise, it almost certainly will be whether we recover or don't, I accepted that at the start. We'll see but considering we're in the bottom 3 and I still don't feel anywhere near as bad as last year, that goes some way to tell you how much I hated being a Boro fan trying to talk about the club last year. It was flat out impossible to even discuss anything without it turning into a ***-slinging match against Pulis, no chance of making a reasoned point.

So would you accept relegation under Woodgate over another season of Pulis? 

Last season was awful and I was definitely in the "Pulis out" camp, but the thought of our club slipping further down the ladder fills me with dread. 

• Like 1

lmao Wilson you're almost a parody at this point. Bottom three and a very real possibility of being relegated is somehow better than just missing out on the playoffs under Pulis just because he divided the fanbase and the football was awful?

Give me a break.

I'm talking about how I feel, that's an opinion DZ, nobody else needs to feel the same way nor would I expect them to. But that's absolutely how I feel. I do not feel worse this season than last at all. That may change later in the season but right now, absolutely not.

You can throw the names or whatever at me for that all you want but that says more about you than it does me so 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

I miss the good old days of us just ticking along in mid table of the premier league with little drama. For drama we had to look at our neighbours such as Newcastles soap opera of the post Bobby Robson era and Sunderland sinking under Bob Murray. We appear to have incorporated both these elements in the last couple of years.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

You were clearly trying to talk to the wrong people. You need to find a better class of fan to debate with. 😁

Apart from that period where we lost 6 on the trot, it was shaping up to be a good season (would have liked some sort of explanation why we just collapsed in March). Annoying as we ought to have got promoted, or at least made the play-offs. Players have to take 50% of the blame for that IMO.

1 hour ago, BearSmog said:

So would you accept relegation under Woodgate over another season of Pulis? 

Last season was awful and I was definitely in the "Pulis out" camp, but the thought of our club slipping further down the ladder fills me with dread. 

I think he's trying to explain that it was harder to have rational debates with other fans when Pulis was in charge. Its understandable that opinions were more polarised, as the football was terrible, but mostly effective.

Now it seems fans are more united in their opposition to Woodgate remaining in charge...but there is still the thorny issue of who do we get in to replace him? Who is available that could actually save us...and who would want to, given the dire financial situation?

I would still like to think there is someone out there, but for the life of me I couldn't name them.

Actually, just as a wild, out-of-the-box suggestion: former England women's coach Hope Powell? 😁

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

I think he's trying to explain that it was harder to have rational debates with other fans when Pulis was in charge. Its understandable that opinions were more polarised, as the football was terrible, but mostly effective.

Now it seems fans are more united in their opposition to Woodgate remaining in charge...but there is still the thorny issues of who do we get in to replace him? Who is available that could actually save us...and who would want to, given the dire financial situation?

I would still like to think there is someone out there, but for the life of me I couldn't name them.

Actually, just as a wild, out-of-the-box suggestion: former England women's coach Hope Powell? 😁

I think people are more united in their opposition of Woodgate because we have been subjected to poor performances and are in a poor position in the league. 

Last season the performances were poor but we were still in a decent league position which is why people weren't necessarily united behind the dislike of Pulis.. 

9 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Now it seems fans are more united in their opposition to Woodgate remaining in charge...but there is still the thorny issue of who do we get in to replace him? Who is available that could actually save us...and who would want to, given the dire financial situation?

Tony Pulis @AnglianRed Tony Pulis. He could save us quite easily IMO 

4 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

people weren't necessarily united behind the dislike of Pulis.. 

I mean unless I've got a hugely terrible memory of last season, this isn't true at all. Most people absolutely were united behind the dislike of Pulis, certainly on here. It was that united front and constant vitriol that made it absolutely impossible to provide a balanced debate and one of the most significant reasons I left the forum for months.

• Like 1

As a fan I would always choose results over entertainment. (Ideally want both but sometimes that can't happen). I would always want my team to be successful as can be and there isn't any better feeling than 3pts. - Pulis delivered on that front that's why I backed him.

Yes his football boring was shocking and possibly the worst I have seen in 30years being a fan, but he was honest with the fans and got us results.

ATM the fans are getting constantly lied too and we are getting hammered every week.

How anyone could choose this season over last season is beyond me.

We all know Mr Gibson 'the messiah' is to blame for this current mess and hopefully he acts next week but I have lost all confidence in him so I doubt it.

Edited by diggerlad07
  • Like 3