oneBoro Forum

Steve Gibson

There is one person to blame and that is Steve Gibson. 

He's taken his eye off the ball. He's lost interest in MFC. He's preoccupied with supporting his 'mates' in the Tory Party to the detriment of MFC.

RIP Boro

• Like 3
  • Angry 1
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He isn't.

Yep. These rumours that he is, are a load of nonsense. Gibson’s terrible decisions and stubbornness over the last 3 years have been the ruination of this football club. 

3 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Where did the £1 million a month rumour come from originally?

It wasn't a rumour, it was just based on the losses shown in the accounts a few years back - I think it must have been around the time Mowbray was manager.

38 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It wasn't a rumour, it was just based on the losses shown in the accounts a few years back - I think it must have been around the time Mowbray was manager.

I know how can people just assume from something 8 years ago now nearly 

50 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Think that's about right mate, sure it was after Strachan left us and Mogga was in charge that it all came to the fore. 

Anyone with inside knowledge be able to explain what the situation is with Gibson at the minute? If he has lost interest I can’t imagine he has suddenly gone from loving the club to not caring at all. I believe he still does care but his bad decisions are the problem. Surely if he has lost interest and the right offer was there he would strongly consider, if it was right for the club 

I know people keep saying we are skint, but is it that or is Gibson just pulling out and not showing ambition.

I just cant see how it adds up that we would be in such financial mire. Last time I looked (cant remember if it was before or after last summer's sales) transfermarkt at us at about a 20 odd million loss in transfers over the last 5 years. Even if we take this mystical figure of the club running at a 1m loss per month over the last 5 years that's another 60million. We've had promotion to the prem since then that pocketed us a cool 160? Million. To me that means 80million has not only seemed to have disappeared from the club, but we are also unable to even sanction loans and are actively looking to sell any assets.

Now obviously I've over simplified things but I just dont get how things can be so bad. If Gibson has took a chunk out for whatever reason then fair enough, and if hes wanting the club to not run at any loss then fair enough. But how the feck are we apparently so skint???

• Like 1