oneBoro Forum

Steve Gibson

51 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

So you are supporting short term thinking then 🙂 

There will always be points in time where short term thinking looks like the best option - whether you're trying to get promoted or avoid relegation the immediate goal will always appear to be of overriding importance.  Problem is that it's very difficult to get away from that.

I know you aren't supporting what happened during and post Premier League.  I was pointing out that we'd been in the position of being in the Premier League and we hadn't dropped down with loads of money and rebuilt.  We made a complete mess of things as you say and we're still paying for that now.  What I'm saying is that another short term appointment is just repeating what we've been doing already, it's another bad decision is my opinion.

Financially, the difference between dropping out of the Premier League to The Championship will be far greater than dropping out of the Championship to League One.  That's not me saying it's fine because I'm not fine with it obviously.  But no, we don't need to avoid it at all costs.  Doing almost anything at all costs is often a bad idea, it's how you end up making mistakes that come back to bite you in a big way a little later on.

Fine yes in this instance I’m supporting short term thinking, I think for once the timing is right for it, warnock until May is win win for all involved imo.

I just can’t think of another alternative other than the ones I mentioned which are huge gambles and I’m not sure now is the time for that.

• Like 1
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 5:32 PM, LinoJo3 said:

Fine yes in this instance I’m supporting short term thinking, I think for once the timing is right for it, warnock until May is win win for all involved imo.

I just can’t think of another alternative other than the ones I mentioned which are huge gambles and I’m not sure now is the time for that.

we need a short term fix definitely. Like when Terry Venables came in to steer us clear. 

• Like 1