oneBoro Forum
DevKWat

Steve Gibson

51 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

So you are supporting short term thinking then 🙂 

There will always be points in time where short term thinking looks like the best option - whether you're trying to get promoted or avoid relegation the immediate goal will always appear to be of overriding importance.  Problem is that it's very difficult to get away from that.

I know you aren't supporting what happened during and post Premier League.  I was pointing out that we'd been in the position of being in the Premier League and we hadn't dropped down with loads of money and rebuilt.  We made a complete mess of things as you say and we're still paying for that now.  What I'm saying is that another short term appointment is just repeating what we've been doing already, it's another bad decision is my opinion.

Financially, the difference between dropping out of the Premier League to The Championship will be far greater than dropping out of the Championship to League One.  That's not me saying it's fine because I'm not fine with it obviously.  But no, we don't need to avoid it at all costs.  Doing almost anything at all costs is often a bad idea, it's how you end up making mistakes that come back to bite you in a big way a little later on.

Fine yes in this instance I’m supporting short term thinking, I think for once the timing is right for it, warnock until May is win win for all involved imo.

I just can’t think of another alternative other than the ones I mentioned which are huge gambles and I’m not sure now is the time for that.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 5:32 PM, LinoJo3 said:

Fine yes in this instance I’m supporting short term thinking, I think for once the timing is right for it, warnock until May is win win for all involved imo.

I just can’t think of another alternative other than the ones I mentioned which are huge gambles and I’m not sure now is the time for that.

we need a short term fix definitely. Like when Terry Venables came in to steer us clear. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• If you've read the full article, and I'm sure you have, it feels more like he's just giving the answers people want to here tbh.  He talks about us needing a change in mentality and that you need to know how to fight.  Then later on he says that Barnsley didn't want it more than us but that we lacked quality and decision making.  He's contradicting himself although I don't think he meant to, he's just not a public speaker, he's a footballer being hit with questions after a disappointing defeat and he's trying to say the right things.  
    • Inspiree by the red bull conversation  and I'll admit looking at Wolves with envious eyes the thought that if we had allowed Mendes more involvement that we could be doing it instead of them upsets me.  Time and again when I bring this up I get the arguement of the soul of the club, heritage and identity. So what are they? I have been  boro fan for 40 years in that time we have had 2 stadiums, been  team of local boys, the Spanish ramada, spl lite, home of mercenaries. Had countless managers played every formation and style under the sun and an ever changing kit. So what it is about boro what is our identity?
    • Please, someone tell me this is true, and Warnock is here to rescue us from an unmitigated disaster if we get relegated.
    • You didn't though, I wrote 2 paragraphs on how the changes unfolded and how people commonly discussed how he needed to make changes early on whilst some are now saying he shouldn't have changed. You said his changes recently are up for discussion because they are of his choice and we aren't improving and I literally never denied that. I'm saying it's doublespeak to both criticise him for doing and not doing something referencing the same points in time and you've changed that into a discussion about how we can criticise his changes like I've said nobody can... I can only conclude you simply want to have an argument with a fence post at the moment.