oneBoro Forum

Steve Gibson

But that’s what makes it worse, all our problems are self made and repeated mistakes. It’s not because Gibson isn’t rich enough to compete and I think the ‘were a north east club’ is just a convenient excuse when moves for players don’t come off. We can attract Negredo, Gaston, Valdes, Fischer, assombalonga, Randolph but not Dru Yearwood? I don’t believe that for a second.

Gibson has wasted money and opportunity by putting together a poor backroom team and plan to run the club. It’s that simple.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had another look at the table, we currently sit below teams like Preston and Charlton (who are in and around the playoffs), Brentford, Blackburn, Luton, Millwall, Wigan and Hull.  I don't se

It’s the standard ‘one or the other’ paradox most boro fans seem to have, ‘WE NEED A DEFENSIVE MANAGER WE CANT KEEP A CLEAN SHEET!!!’ ‘NOW WE NEED AN ATTACKING MANAGER, WE CANT SCORE!!’ What we n

Sorry, but I can't agree with this. The vast majority of Boro fans recognise Gibson is a fan first and foremost. He loves the club so much he - with help from others - saved it in 1986, and he's earne

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rioch's Braves said:

I've just stated that I've questioned his decisions time and time again, its simple we've got no money so we cut our cloth accordingly, if some fans want a change at the top then state what the  the alternatives are because certainly at Sunderland, Bolton and Blackburn it definitely hasn't worked. Gibson as a fan and the chairman I have no doubt would fight tooth and nail to stop this club going into administration, would other owners put in the same situation, I'm not so sure..  

The reason we have no money is because he has allowed it to be wasted on poor transfers over the years

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

We won't be pressured to sell but the ITKs have said every single player is available if a decent bid comes in, Britt and Randolph's are high earners and Wing/Fry will have plenty of suitors 

By pressure to sell I mean more in terms of FFP. So we don't need to sell because we will be under the loss limit come the 20/21 season. But as you say every player will ultimately have a price. Unfortunately for us and most other clubs outside the PL, if a big offer comes they tend to sell.

If we don’t get promoted you can bet everything you own anyone with any value will be sold.

Thats why I think we should have done it this summer, yes Britt and Randolph are big players but what’s the point having them contribute to us finishing 8th/9th/10th. Value wise they were at their peak and we should have cashed in, that’s of course if there were any decent offers.

28 minutes ago, jamesp said:

The reason we have no money is because he has allowed it to be wasted on poor transfers over the years

Gibson has sanctioned the transfers granted, the poor transfers do not rest at Gibson's door that is down to the previous managers and recruitment team. If players are highlighted by the scouting team and meet the managers approval then what's Gibsson supposed to do, Gibson hasn't wasted the money the men below him have. 

41 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

But that’s what makes it worse, all our problems are self made and repeated mistakes. It’s not because Gibson isn’t rich enough to compete and I think the ‘were a north east club’ is just a convenient excuse when moves for players don’t come off. We can attract Negredo, Gaston, Valdes, Fischer, assombalonga, Randolph but not Dru Yearwood? I don’t believe that for a second.

Gibson has wasted money and opportunity by putting together a poor backroom team and plan to run the club. It’s that simple.

The backroom team are the main culprits, he's backed them and they've failed. What Gibson should have done is cleaned house and got rid of the lot of them and started afresh.

57 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

The backroom team are the main culprits, he's backed them and they've failed. What Gibson should have done is cleaned house and got rid of the lot of them and started afresh.

And yet he hasn’t.....

The person who recommend paying around £35m for gestede, guedioira, saville, braithwaite, fletcher is still here making decisions.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

And yet he hasn’t.....

The person who recommend paying around £35m for gestede, guedioira, saville, braithwaite, fletcher is still here making decisions.

Yep that's Gibson's weakness, loyalty to clueless clowns who are still  making a good living at this football club.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Or are they doing exactly what he's asking? 

Personally I think ill advising him, because someone's definitely in charge of the day to running of the club when Gibson's away sorting his businesses out.

I think once we see the impact Brexit has on UK business throughout the UK, Europe and worldwide then we may see some changes becoming apparent. Gibson is trying to ensure that he has money to cover any Brexit related issue as like many of us the severity of future business markets is unknown. Yes I have my criticisms of how things have been running behind the scenes and how we handled player recruitment and contracts that are now biting us. 

Also another reason why you will be seeing SG going more into the property market in the future... not as volatile as other markets and usually it's a market that is profitable.

24 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I think once we see the impact Brexit has on UK business throughout the UK, Europe and worldwide then we may see some changes becoming apparent. Gibson is trying to ensure that he has money to cover any Brexit related issue as like many of us the severity of future business markets is unknown. Yes I have my criticisms of how things have been running behind the scenes and how we handled player recruitment and contracts that are now biting us. 

Also another reason why you will be seeing SG going more into the property market in the future... not as volatile as other markets and usually it's a market that is profitable.

I'm behind the "new model" but my main issue is he's stopped communicating with the people who pay to watch his team and he did some time ago. 

It's almost like he's abandoning the club - he has received a generous amount of love / hero status for a few decades now and although he probably doesn't give a toss about what the fans think it would be nice to get a bit of clarity from him. 

5 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

I'm behind the "new model" but my main issue is he's stopped communicating with the people who pay to watch his team and he did some time ago. 

It's almost like he's abandoning the club - he has received a generous amount of love / hero status for a few decades now and although he probably doesn't give a toss about what the fans think it would be nice to get a bit of clarity from him. 

Hit the nail on the head! 

6 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

I agree with you 100% mate to be honest though my gut feeling is that he has given up on the ppl of Teeside in general and is solely focusing on himself.

This is why I cannot understand fans who refuse to say 1 negative thing about him even though it’s so obvious the club is being ran horrendously. Well if Gibson has given up then I’d much rather have someone come in who at least has a lot of money. In my opinion he needs to sell up before his reputation goes down, but sounds like he’s not even bothered so.