oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1

18 minutes ago, Brunners said:

But he has been the best player on the pitch for large stretches when hes allowed to run and press high. I'm not sure I want to lose that having him sit deeper.

Yep, this. Clayton isn't even doing that bad a job and McNair has been good at breaking through midfield on the occasion he has a go. Given it's such a problematic point for us, keep him there to make sure he's doing it or we'll lose even more of our threat from midfield.

• Like 1
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

Sadly Fry told me directly that he would not be ready for at least another 10 days at the Brentford game which means the following weekend after the Blackburn game where we could possibly see him playing

6 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

People are talking about Friend starting which I am not too sure about, however will ask if his performance last night automatically justifies his inclusion in the starting eleven?

He was better than Shotton has been, so in my mind yes, he should be in as long as he came through last night unscathed (as he seemed to).

Yep sorry my post was deceiving, I didn't mean for McNair to be sitting deep, as Brunners and Wilson said he's been playing very well further forward.

I'd have Howson sitting deep, McNair and Wing in front. As I said, think thats our best midfield combo and would love to see it.

2 hours ago, Sarumite said:

Who will be Boro's penalty taker going forward?

Think either Fletcher or Wing.

Will we see two fullbacks playing at fullback?

Think Coulson will stay in the team and think Dijksteel will start.

Who makes your starting line up?

...................Randolph

Dijksteel....Ayala....Friend....Coulson

......................Howson

...........McNair...............Wing

Johnson....Assombalonga....Fletcher

Will Boro pick their first win of the season this weekend?

No, don't think we will win this weekend. Think we will pick up a point though.

Randolph 

Dijksteel   Ayala   Friend   Coulson 

Wing     Howson   McNair

Johnson       Britt       Fletcher

Friend in for Shotton the very obvious one, anyone taking Shotton’s place in the team is a big boost. 

Dijksteel has already won at Blackburn this season and apparently was excellent, giving the Blackburn attackers nothing down his side.

Howson can’t be left out of the team, given Dijksteel at RB he is more than capable of sitting in the holding midfield role. He is much better on the ball than Clayts and his defensive ability has improved massively, worth a try. 

I’d like to see Browne starting but I think that will happen next week if Johnson doesn’t perform, too harsh to drop any of them for this game. Johnson was good against Brentford first half but definitely a drop off from Luton. Personally see Browne far ahead of Johnson for the long haul this season 

Fletcher deserves a chance to play 9, big performance needed from Britt at Blackburn. 

36 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Randolph 

Dijksteel   Ayala   Friend   Coulson 

Wing     Howson   McNair

Johnson       Britt       Fletcher

Friend in for Shotton the very obvious one, anyone taking Shotton’s place in the team is a big boost. 

Dijksteel has already won at Blackburn this season and apparently was excellent, giving the Blackburn attackers nothing down his side.

Howson can’t be left out of the team, given Dijksteel at RB he is more than capable of sitting in the holding midfield role. He is much better on the ball than Clayts and his defensive ability has improved massively, worth a try. 

I’d like to see Browne starting but I think that will happen next week if Johnson doesn’t perform, too harsh to drop any of them for this game. Johnson was good against Brentford first half but definitely a drop off from Luton. Personally see Browne far ahead of Johnson for the long haul this season 

Fletcher deserves a chance to play 9, big performance needed from Britt at Blackburn. 

Some great logic here - can't argue with any of it 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

People are talking about Friend starting which I am not too sure about, however will ask if his performance last night automatically justifies his inclusion in the starting eleven?

He was better than Shotton has been, so in my mind yes, he should be in as long as he came through last night unscathed (as he seemed to).

He wasn't that good but then he wouldn't have to be to play better than Shotton has played so far this season.  Pick anyone you like anyway, they are all rubbish.  Rubbish players, rubbish manager, rubbish chairman, rubbish scouts, rubbish CEO, rubbish ticket office, rubbish Mark Page, rubbish stewards, rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish ?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Brunners said:

After the performance of shotton in both league games so far I'd be putting friend in straight away. Hell even wood would (heh) go in above shotton for me.

Hahaha, that's so funny, I've only just realised how funny you actually are mate.  Brilliant ?

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He wasn't that good but then he wouldn't have to be to play better than Shotton has played so far this season.  Pick anyone you like anyway, they are all rubbish.  Rubbish players, rubbish manager, rubbish chairman, rubbish scouts, rubbish CEO, rubbish ticket office, rubbish Mark Page, rubbish stewards, rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish ?

You forgot about the goal music.

Unless you voted for it.

27 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Will be honest, deadly concerned about this season. Not sure where some fans optimism is coming from. We struggled against a team 2 division below us, so am predicting a 3-1 loss. 

There were 10 changes from the team that played Brentford though so it'll be a completely different team to the one that struggled against Crewe. 

I’d be playing Clayton in the holding role. Not Howson. Has he ever even played there in his career? Playing holding midfielder is such a hard and important position to play, you can’t stick any old midfielder there. Clayton knows that position inside out, and imo hasn’t even been bad this season.

Playing a high press has already seen us vulnerable when they play through it. Leaving Clayton out will leave us more open at the back.

Yeah I've watched the first two games and I'd certainly not identify clayton as a weakness. Once again its the ability to create clear cut chances that's killing us (and our questionable defensive shape) but I think hes done okay as an individual and certainly dont see anyone else who would perform any better than him at that role in the squad.

• Like 2