oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1

3 minutes ago, ChipBarrington said:

Isn't that literally what we did when we signed Clayton?

Hmm, kind of but not quite. He played with Leadbitter side by side, so wasn’t the only person in the holding role, effectively they both were. I’d imagine that’s a much more easier transition than going straight to the one holding midfielder. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Friend come in at left back, Shotton keeping his place and Djiksteel in at right back. The defence scares me and as well as Coulson has done, I think Woodgate will go for experience over youth for this one. 

Got to bed Djiksteel in early. He’s our “big money” signing and needs to play. Might find it less intimidating away from home! 

33 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Friend come in at left back, Shotton keeping his place and Djiksteel in at right back. The defence scares me and as well as Coulson has done, I think Woodgate will go for experience over youth for this one. 

Got to bed Djiksteel in early. He’s our “big money” signing and needs to play. Might find it less intimidating away from home! 

I'd be surprised.  I'd be bloody amazed actually.

Just now, BearSmog said:

I'd start Dijksteel purely for the fact that he has already played against Blackburn this season and achieved a positive result so he will know what he is coming up against. 

According to some Charlton fans on Twitter Blackburn targeted him in the opening game and exposed him a bit. 

Maybe that was just sour grapes from them, I dont know. 

2 hours ago, Brunners said:

Hopefully it's not a bad injury that would be a blow for the lad.

His Dad said he bounces back quickly and should be okay in a few weeks ?

Downing making sure he gets a reaction with these interviews. He does sound like a spoilt brat at times. Why slag all and sundry off now. Burning all his bridges. He obviously has no interest in returning as a coach or anything like that.

2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Recall the possible incident against Brentford he had just started a run down the wing and got clattered. Fairly close to where I sat and you could see that he felt it.

Aye, it was that game. Quad injury.

18 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I've always felt that Clayton is a little immobile and because of that it's almost like he waits before deciding to commit to a direction of movement. It's almost like he is being reactionary to oppositon players rather than being proactive.

Spot on. That’s always been my ‘gripe’ with him. Too reactionary for that position. Doesn’t seem particularly good at reading the game and isn’t athletic enough to keep up with players running at him. He gets stuck in but he doesn’t foresee it and that’s why it often ends up as a free kick or booking. I’d much rather have three athletic and mobile midfielders. Howson and McNair have got plenty of power and lungs to get up and down. 

• Like 2

If Fry is stil out and Coulson too, I would go for this set up!

Dijk, Ayala, Friend, Bola (the young lads will come good with more game time)

McNair, Howson, Wing 

Johnson, Britt, Fletcher

Bench: Shotton, Browne, Tav, Pears, Saville, Walker and Clayton

• Like 1

Woodgate Press conference decent today... I feel still doing with the media:

Comments:

Crewe - First half was negative, 2nd half was a lot better when Britt, Fletcher, McNair came on and that's the positive he took from it. The game didn't give him much to think about for Blackburn selection. He expected the 'different' starting 11 to be knocking his door down to get a place in the League team and thinks that didn't happen at all. The team is simple to pick now. 

Blackburn - Still got beliefs how he want's us to play, it's a working progress and plans to keep going. Praises Friend and Howson massively and says these are the go to players how they are like everyday - Others should be following these leaders. 

Booing - Not bothered/not worried, understands why and laughed it off. Happy that people were cheering more at the end of the game and expects it due to a small section of the fans not wanting him at the start, and wont give him much time. 

Fans - appreciates how good the majority have been so far.

• Like 1