oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I was actually acknowledging his mocking with my own mocking taking us even further down the rabbit hole ?

Is that what people call Meta?  If so, I don't like it.  It's too much for me to handle ?

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Blackburn finished 15th last season, we beat them at their place and got a draw at our place despite playing the game with 10 men for 70 mins.  They've lost both of their league games so far and only managed to scrape past Oldham in the cup with two goals in injury time I think?   This isn't a dig at you but why do we insist on talking mediocre teams up as though they are something else?  They are at best a middling Championship side with a couple of good players.  To be fair, we might not be any more than that this season but I can't describe Blackburn as a decent side based on what I've seen last season and at the start of this one.  That doesn't mean I think we're gonna win because I don't know where we are at as a team right now ?

I think that's what it is essentially, I don't think we are much better than them. Right now, I think we're both decent sides and not much else. I think they're capable of doing better than they have and I expect us to do worse than we did in terms of last season's performances.

Just now, Smoggydownsouth said:

Friend for Coulson tomorrow and I think the rest will stay the same. 

Woody said Friend covers 2 positions for us and is delighted to have him back. I think Friend is definitely in. I just hope he's in for Shotton and we give Bola a chance at left back again. Admittedly Bola wasn't great against Crewe, I mean very few were. But I reckon Shotton gives a goal away tomorrow if he starts. Hope that if he does play he proves me wrong, though.

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Friend for Coulson tomorrow and I think the rest will stay the same. 

Well, at some point he's going to have to pitch the new lads in because I doubt they were signed to be back up players.  Not if they were Woodgate's top targets or whatever.

12 hours ago, Brunners said:

Is it normal for one person to ask 99% of the questions?!

Ever come home steaming after just popping out for one or two.....?

Tomorrrow, I think if Friend is fit he has to move into the centre next to Ayala. The full backs I would guess will be Howson and Coulson after the no-shows midweek, meaning Clayton keeps his place with Wing and Mcnair. Up top I cant see him dropping Ass for Browne and the other 2 dont deserve to be dropped so Fletch Britt and Marv for me. 

I would like to see Marv and Fletcher swap sides a bit, gives Blackburn something to keep an eye on and can identify a weakness. Britt needs a proper goal or 2 from open play as he must be kicking himself after another penalty miss.

I wouldnt be averse to Fletcher or Mcnair taking our penalties from now on

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Woody said Friend covers 2 positions for us and is delighted to have him back. I think Friend is definitely in. I just hope he's in for Shotton and we give Bola a chance at left back again. Admittedly Bola wasn't great against Crewe, I mean very few were. But I reckon Shotton gives a goal away tomorrow if he starts. Hope that if he does play he proves me wrong, though.

He won't prove you wrong and you know that full well. He's given a goal away every game so far I think so of course he will tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, whitey said:

I imagine bola should be more fit than friend since he’s just come back from injury, so should start? And what’s the deal with coulson I’ve missed what’s happened? ?

quad injury according to his dad, probs a couple weeks out.

I've got a bad feeling about Downing today, it would be typical of him to turn it on against us.

Also a bit worried they might target Dijksteel like they did the other week when he was still a Charlton player. Could be better starting Howson at RB with him on the bench. 

18 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I've got a bad feeling about Downing today, it would be typical of him to turn it on against us.

Also a bit worried they might target Dijksteel like they did the other week when he was still a Charlton player. Could be better starting Howson at RB with him on the bench. 

You think Dijksteel will start? Surely howson will keep his place? Yeah 

10 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Haha painfully accurate!!

Popped out with my besty from Plymouth,Christmas shopping Ended up in West Drayton...One hell of a pub crawl,sorry nowt to do with football, took Three days tho...Took my hammering like a man,an slept for 2 days afterwards

• Like 1