oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1

52 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I've got a bad feeling about Downing today, it would be typical of him to turn it on against us.

Also a bit worried they might target Dijksteel like they did the other week when he was still a Charlton player. Could be better starting Howson at RB with him on the bench. 

Where are people getting it from that Blackburn targeted Djiksteel? I watched that game as I was interested in seeing him play and he was excellent. Came up against Armstrong? I think, very quick, direct winger and he dealt with him easily. So much so that Armstrong switched wings at half time as he was their only decent out ball but was getting stifled by Dijksteel. 

I really hope if Coulson is injured we don't go with Friend at LB. He's got to put some faith in Bola there. Alright he was iffy against Crew but he was also half decent against St Etienne? In the friendly. Plus we really need to get the guy up to speed and see what's he's all about. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Well, at some point he's going to have to pitch the new lads in because I doubt they were signed to be back up players.  Not if they were Woodgate's top targets or whatever.

I do agree with you in principal CT I just think woody will turn to experience over youth to try and find that first win.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I've got a bad feeling about Downing today, it would be typical of him to turn it on against us.

Also a bit worried they might target Dijksteel like they did the other week when he was still a Charlton player. Could be better starting Howson at RB with him on the bench. 

He will score against us today! Mark my words. 

2 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I do agree with you in principal CT I just think woody will turn to experience over youth to try and find that first win.

That plus the fact he seemingly wasn't impressed with either of the 3 players in the Crewe game, I think it'd be strange for any reason other than an injury to put either of them in, first choice targets or not. Howson (or any of the midfielders), Coulson and Johnson would feel quite aggrieved if they were dropped for their new signing counterparts at this stage for the sake of wanting a performance. Obviously we expect Coulson to be injured so I expect at least if Shotton stays in, Friend will come in instead of Bola. I'd personally put Bola in only because I can't bear to see Shotton starting at centre-back again. Will say that I think Friend has a mistake in him at the back too but as a choice between either, I'd pick the captain every time.

10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Friend at LB? God I hope not. Just play one of the two actual left backs we have at the club. 

Coulson is hurt we think, so he might be down to 1 LB and Friend.

Got to start winning sometime. Got a feeling it will be today. Team sounds like it'll be similar to the last league game from the presser, and that they've had a kick up the bum.... 3-1 Boro. Britt x1, Wing x1, Ayala x1

58 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:
3 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

That plus the fact he seemingly wasn't impressed with either of the 3 players in the Crewe game, I think it'd be strange for any reason other than an injury to put either of them in, first choice targets or not. Howson (or any of the midfielders), Coulson and Johnson would feel quite aggrieved if they were dropped for their new signing counterparts at this stage for the sake of wanting a performance. Obviously we expect Coulson to be injured so I expect at least if Shotton stays in, Friend will come in instead of Bola. I'd personally put Bola in only because I can't bear to see Shotton starting at centre-back again. Will say that I think Friend has a mistake in him at the back too but as a choice between either, I'd pick the captain every time.

He may well turn to experience but I'm not sure on what basis he could select Shotton or Friend if we're talking about players who have impressed him in games?  Shotton has been useless so far this season and Friend was poor against Crewe.  Now we're gonna have both of them in our back four because they are 'experienced'?  It'd be a terrible precedent to set if Woodgate starts going down that road.  If Woodgate believes the new lads to be our first choice players then he should be picking them in the side.  If he doesn't then why have we signed them?  Let's pick what we think is our best team and get on with it.

26 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Got to start winning sometime. Got a feeling it will be today. Team sounds like it'll be similar to the last league game from the presser, and that they've had a kick up the bum.... 3-1 Boro. Britt x1, Wing x1, Ayala x1

No chance we will win by 2! More likely a draw or a loss, Downing to score one and an assist, I painfully predict.