• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I also think Pepe was signed as first choice at arsenal yet he was on the bench today. It happens at every club with new signings. 

No, it happens sometimes with new signings.  Unless I'm mistaken, we don't have a squad full of quality players though unlike say Arsenal?

15 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think any of them were signed to go straight into the team, no. I don't think that idea even fits the mould of player we've tried to sign, really. The mantra has been to sign young and hungry players, not young players who walk into our first team. If you're asking me if I expect them to be first-team players over time, then yes, that is what's going to define whether they were good buys or not. But if you're asking me if signing Browne, Bola and Dijksteel is the same as signing Flint, Saville or Howson, then no, I think that's mad, certainly at this stage.

So to be clear, do you believe that what little money we had in the summer was in fact just spent on projects?  And this is something you're happy with given the squad we had?

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

When did ayala become sanchez Ayala? I'd never heard him referred to that once but seems to be everywhere this season!

According to Wiki it's a Spanish naming convention, maybe he's just asked us to acknowledge it?

the first or paternal family name is Sánchez and the second or maternal family name is Ayala.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

So to be clear, do you believe that what little money we had in the summer was in fact just spent on projects?  And this is something you're happy with given the squad we had?

Considering that's all I expected, yes. ? I'm confused as to how you thought we'd spend much, much less money than we usually could to bring in first-team ready players? I thought it was pretty well known that we'd have to change tactic, we'd have to bring through young players who we'd develop into bigger and better things over time and make some money on them? What were you expecting?

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Considering that's all I expected, yes. ? I'm confused as to how you thought we'd spend much, much less money than we usually could to bring in first-team ready players? I thought it was pretty well known that we'd have to change tactic, we'd have to bring through young players who we'd develop into bigger and better things over time and make some money on them? What were you expecting?

To improve the team.  You don't need to spend fortunes to do that but you do need to sign players who are better than you have and then play them.

Just now, Changing Times said:

To improve the team.  You don't need to spend fortunes to do that but you do need to sign players who are better than you have and then play them.

Or you sign players who you see as improving to be better than them because you simply don't have the flexibility to just sign better players than you have. Who could we have signed as an example from other clubs that fit the bill of both being cheap in cost and immediately definitively better than what we have right now?

• Like 1