• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Or you sign players who you see as improving to be better than them because you simply don't have the flexibility to just sign better players than you have. Who could we have signed as an example from other clubs that fit the bill of both being cheap in cost and immediately definitively better than what we have right now?

How would I know the answer that question?  These players were supposedly Woodgate's top targets before he even got the job so presumably he rates them as more than just potential for the future.  What you're saying to me here is that we've done exactly what we've done in previous windows - signed players who aren't necessarily better than what we have - but we've just done it more cheaply.  And you're happy with that?  I'll leave it now cos the game is on but I sincerely hope that these new signings were signed for more than mere potential.

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

McNair is all running and pressing you don't want to take that away by making him hold.

True but then Wing as a holding midfielder seems odd.  Certainly a bit different to Clayton anyway ?

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

True but then Wing as a holding midfielder seems odd.  Certainly a bit different to Clayton anyway ?

He has the passing range for it, Clayton when he had the ball was spraying the ball wide quite often, so in terms of vision it makes sense, but yes they're not exactly like for like players lol.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

He has the passing range for it, Clayton when he had the ball was spraying the ball wide quite often, so in terms of vision it makes sense, but yes they're not exactly like for like players lol.

I just hope he still gets opportunities to get shots off in and around the area.

Just now, Changing Times said:

How would I know the answer that question?  These players were supposedly Woodgate's top targets before he even got the job so presumably he rates them as more than just potential for the future.  What you're saying to me here is that we've done exactly what we've done in previous windows - signed players who aren't necessarily better than what we have - but we've just done it more cheaply.  And you're happy with that?  I'll leave it now cos the game is on but I sincerely hope that these new signings were signed for more than mere potential.

I don't think your presumption is correct. I also think it's different signing players who you can actually make money on, unlike say... Saville or McNair, where we're much more likely not to make anything on them unless they really make it big. Signing players for max £2m, one good season and you can triple/quadruple that from a relegated team. Not gonna happen with anyone else we've signed. £300k for Browne and you expect Woody to expect him to be a first teamer straight away? I think you ought to lower your expectations of these players personally. I also think you've entirely misread our transfer business.

Just now, Changing Times said:

I just hope he still gets opportunities to get shots off in and around the area.

He's had our only shot so far, so he is atm yeah.

We started pretty well today but have been poor the last 10 minutes or so. Need to pick it up

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think your presumption is correct. I also think it's different signing players who you can actually make money on, unlike say... Saville or McNair, where we're much more likely not to make anything on them unless they really make it big. Signing players for max £2m, one good season and you can triple/quadruple that from a relegated team. Not gonna happen with anyone else we've signed. £300k for Browne and you expect Woody to expect him to be a first teamer straight away? I think you ought to lower your expectations of these players personally. I also think you've entirely misread our transfer business.

I don't think I've misread it.  I think I disagree with it mate.  I'm not remotely interested in signing players to make money.