oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1

I wouldn't mind if Gibson came out clean and said that our aspirations were just to be a steady away mediocre Championship club....but he won't cos he wants season card revenues 

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

I think weve seen some improvement in flashes. The play before wings goal vs Luton was great and I dont think we would have seen it under pulis. But yes, certainly havent seen any consistent improvement. 

I'd agree with this, we have seen an effort to move towards a more attacking approach. But it's early on in our teams development and we certainly cannot keep up the attacking play over a prolonged period. 

At Luton 1st and 3rd goals were flashes of how we wanted to progress. Brentford first half we looked good also. But 2nd half was like watching a Pulis team, we seemed devoid of all ideas and everyone was static.

This is also a reply to you @Changing Times

1 minute ago, BillinghamBoro said:

This is horrid so far. Trying to find positives but cannot see anything, rovers have controlled the game so far and we've barely challenged them. I honestly am struggling to see where our next point is coming from. Hoping to see a much improved second half but not holding my breath. Stupid play from Dijksteel.

Pity they pulled down Symphonia stand ....Boro could be playing there next year

Just now, Changing Times said:

Not much in it really although there probably is a bit of contact I suppose.

Yeah there's the tiniest of tugs on the arm, Graham sells it like nobodies business though, so I think that's why it got given. Had my fooled watching it live, but on replay...it's soft for me.

I honestly think we're unlucky to be losing here. No, we haven't been good, but we've gifted them their goal and they've had one other good chance. 

Fingers crossed for a rocket up the backside and an improved second half, but I'm not gonna hold my breath...

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Yeah there's the tiniest of tugs on the arm, Graham sells it like nobodies business though, so I think that's why it got given. Had my fooled watching it live, but on replay...it's soft for me.

I honestly think we're unlucky to be losing here. No, we haven't been good, but we've gifted them their goal and they've had one other good chance. 

Fingers crossed for a rocket up the backside and an improved second half, but I'm not gonna hold my breath...

The lads on the radio seemed to spot in straight away in fairness.

6 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

It's been about 10 years since we were a prem team to be fair

We were in the Prem just three seasons ago. We’ve gone so far backwards it’s almost criminal. 

Just now, Changing Times said:

The lads on the radio seemed to spot in straight away in fairness.

Yes they did, but like I said even I thought live it was a definite pen, all I'm saying is it gets softer the more you watch it.

Blackburn are literally so bad aswell.

why are we going long to Britt now? He’s one of the worst players with his back to goal. Start passing the ball about, one of the midfielders had to get it off the defence. Missing Clayton?

The negativity on this thread is amazing. 3 league games in, new manager, new coaches flashes of decent football bloody hell give them a chance at least. May not be the coaching team we wanted but its the one we have. Cheer up guys, sun is shining and the beers cold, well it is here on my hols

• Like 2
Just now, Borodane said:

We were in the Prem just three seasons ago. We’ve gone so far backwards it’s almost criminal. 

16/17 - Prem

17/18 - Play offs

18/19 - Top half

19/20 - Mid table

20/21 - Asset strip and ?

The continued regression is unacceptable 

• Like 1

Was watching it back whilst listening to Maddo describe it as the whistle went and I can kind of make it out. Still, it's a soft one when you consider McNair was dragged to the floor by his shirt a week ago and got told to get him. Standard Championship refereeing, it's bloody dreadfully inconsistent.

Just now, ballyclover said:

The negativity on this thread is amazing. 3 league games in, new manager, new coaches flashes of decent football bloody hell give them a chance at least. May not be the coaching team we wanted but its the one we have. Cheer up guys, sun is shining and the beers cold, well it is here on my hols

It's not the coaching team people aren't happy with, it's the lack of ambition in the transfer window