• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

We were in the Prem just three seasons ago. We’ve gone so far backwards it’s almost criminal. 

Yes we were, but not really.......we got there by accident, GD and even then we were only visiting weren't we?

I'd try 4231 put Browne at CAM but you can't take McNair off and you'd need Howson to sit as well so you'd take Wing off which people wouldn't be happy about so how does he meaningfully change this game I don't know.

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Blackburn are literally so bad aswell.

why are we going long to Britt now? He’s one of the worst players with his back to goal. Start passing the ball about, one of the midfielders had to get it off the defence. Missing Clayton?

We were playing long balls with clayton in the team too  

I just dont like our midfield. They're all good players  but theres not a creative bone between them. Wing has a great shot and is tidy on the ball but rarely creates chances, mcnair works hard and drives forward but again doesnt create chances. Howson is just the most tidy unremarkable footballer we have. Brings nothing to us. 

Then when you consider our front 3 includes two players who 12 months ago we wanted nowhere near the squad and one who isnt being played to his strengths by a second manager in a row... it all seems rather grim.

• Like 1

Started alright, looked the better side. But then started to get overrun and balls switched across the pitch to Gallagher especially causing havoc, even with Friend one of our better players.

Need to see more from Wing, doesn't look the same player this season. Very clumsy in and out of possession.

Johnson and Fletcher have to work harder.

Positives: Shotton and Friend both playing well.

I'd go for a 433 and try something different. 4231 doesn't look effective.

• Like 1
Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

It's not the coaching team people aren't happy with, it's the lack of ambition in the transfer window 

Why, we know money was tight and we needed to look at the youth team and cheaper signings. Gone are the days of multi million signings just for the sake of it. 

Just now, ballyclover said:

Why, we know money was tight and we needed to look at the youth team and cheaper signings. Gone are the days of multi million signings just for the sake of it. 

I may sound like a broken record but unlike what Pulis, the club and the Gazette tell us it doesn't actually cost a lot to sign good players if you look anywhere other than England 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

We were playing long balls with clayton in the team too  

I just dont like our midfield. They're all good players  but theres not a creative bone between them. Wing has a great shot and is tidy on the ball but rarely creates chances, mcnair works hard and drives forward but again doesnt create chances. Howson is just the most tidy unremarkable footballer we have. Brings nothing to us. 

Then when you consider our front 3 includes two players who 12 months ago we wanted nowhere near the squad and one who isnt being played to his strengths by a second manager in a row... it all seems rather grim.

More grim when the only attacking option on the bench is Browne and a 19 year old.

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

Why the f*** does Dijksteel once again look devoed of any confidence? Looks like a kid who doesn’t want to be there. Bola was the same. Dijksteel hasn’t passed the halfway line once again. 

You know when Pulis and Woodgate said you don't just throw kids in at the deep end willy-nilly because it can ruin them? Case and point.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

I'd try 4231 put Browne at CAM but you can't take McNair off and you'd need Howson to sit as well so you'd take Wing off which people wouldn't be happy about so how does he meaningfully change this game I don't know.

I’d take Dijksteel off for Browne and put Howson at right back.

Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I may sound like a broken record but unlike what Pulis, the club and the Gazette tell us it doesn't actually cost a lot to sign good players if you look anywhere other than England 

A second comment to say that in this thread. I wonder if we'll get no examples from you, as well.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

You know when Pulis and Woodgate said you don't just throw kids in at the deep end willy-nilly because it can ruin them? Case and point.

Dijksteel was integral to a Charlton team that got promoted and he’s 22. I don’t see the argument that he’s a kid.