• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

Just now, Brunners said:

I'm not gonna start panicking yet. My only big question is where the press has gone. Second half got much better after the changes. Browne has to start Tuesday for me, Howson better at RB than in midfield and Shotton needs to be fired into the sun.

I’m starting to panic. Doesn’t look like we have a plan and all we’ve done is strengthen with league 1 players. I just don’t see where the goals are going to come from. We’re so blunt in the final third. 

Well that was horrific. Glad it's over now mind you. 

Cannot see at all where we will get our next points from, we look an absolute unmitigated shambles defensively, and our attacking play honestly isn't much better. Early doors I know, but the new boys aren't doing alot to get me excited. 

If we don't get at least a point on Tuesday then I am very very worried about us this season. 

Can't take any positives from that, call me negative if you wish. 

Just now, Borodane said:

I’m starting to panic. Doesn’t look like we have a plan and all we’ve done is strengthen with league 1 players. I just don’t see where the goals are going to come from. We’re so blunt in the final third. 

We are blunt everywhere, lets not just blame the forwards. 

Our defenders can't defend, our midfielders can't midfield. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Well for starters Karlan Grant cost Huddersfield £1.53m there's your one example from England 

From abroad I really like Fran Villalba who went to Birmingham 

Who is Karlan Grant an improvement on in our squad? Is he better than Britt or Fletcher?

Fran Villalba is a bit of an unknown for me so I've no idea who he is an improvement on?

18 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Dru Yearwood for 500k would have been true competition for Clayton IMO he's tenacious and energetic and defensive minded we all want wingers but the fact Clayton's our only true holding midfielder isn't good enough we should have secured him I don't think Woodgate sees Dijksteel as a defensive midfielder.

Competition but not an improvement?

13 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Neal Maupay?

Pukki?

Jota?

Raya

Benrhama?

Buendia?

That's more like it, Lino. I'm talking ***, @Changing Times.

I think it says a lot that 4 of the 6 signings you've mentioned are from CT's favourite club, Brentford. Pukki and Buendia are good examples for Norwich. I'm not aware of Norwich's transfer principles and hell, they barely spent anything this summer (barely brought anyone in too mind you). But Brentford operate on a totally different model to us, they use an approach that barely anyone else does and takes some setting up I imagine, they're benefitting from Midtjylland's expertise. I don't think we're close to what they can do in regards to that, but you'd imagine now they've made some really big money on players that others in our division might wake up to it.

If you go back through their seasons, they also have some that haven't done remotely as well as those listed who they've still made some money on afterwards, Maxime Colin for one, and some that have just left and they won't longingly think what happened (Josh McEachran, Yoann Barbet),  and I think that's also what we're hoping for with the players we've signed. The hits will hit big, the misses won't be long missed. But yes, to make a big difference, it's clear that they see the European markets as the best to exploit.

I wasn't expecting us to rip up trees early this season, but one draw and three defeats from Woodgate's first four competitive games is cery concerning. Even worse is the fact our first game - Luton - was our best performance and today sounds like it was our worst. We're regressing rather than progressing. Urgent remedial work is required before the home double-header.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It sounded like he was ok in fairness or wasn't he?

His defensive positioning isn’t bad. It’s on the ball, getting forward and just running in general which he struggles with. Needs to play Cb. 

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

This is what you get when you only bring in league 1 players. It is what is. 

They were supposedly creme de la creme in their positions and young that's why we paid so much for them relative to the level they've played at in Bola/Dijksteel.

I don't know where a 3 0 or even 2 0 convincing win is coming from right now I'm seriously worried by the performances AND results people point to referee's and missed penalties but we've conceded some stupid goals every single game.

Just now, Changing Times said:

It sounded like he was ok in fairness or wasn't he?

If we are going to play this supposed new system, then he cant play in that fashion. He gets the ball and just  hoofs it forward. OK in a Pulis team. I know there are many other problems as wel such as no decent attackers on the bench, only Gestede and young Walker.

• Like 1