oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1

1 minute ago, northern boro said:

At this stage last season under Pulis we had 10 points and scored 8 goals plus another 4 goals in the cup

Just saying

Early days of last season were very encouraging but the positive start changed as time went by and we know how that panned out.

Woodgate to be fair has had a bad start we can see that let's hope it changes as I am sure it will.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

So we are worried that we are in this position because we only signed league one players? The three league one teams are all about us at the minute, more too it than just blaming 3 young players 

Core team is the same that Monk had besides McNair in midfield over Leadbitter and Dijksteel over Christie this team should be nowhere near a relegation place by October yet alone May.

Tuesday's a huge game there's expectation based on our historical home form in the past 5 years that we SHOULD beat Wigan if we don't get his first win in the next 2 games he'll be in serious trouble with players/fans everyone loves a 'project' until the losses pile up especially home losses.

Still too early to press the panic button imho. However, confidence will be low and it's going to be difficult for a novice manager and assistant to boost that. Probably need to dispense with one of the three forward players and bolster the midfield.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The new players are supposed to be good players, right?  I didn't watch Blackpool or Charlton last season so all I've got to go on is what people have said on here.  People seemed quite excited about signing Browne, Bola and Dijksteel and presumably that wasn't simply because they were cheap?  People who have seen them play a bit, rate them as decent players?   I think it's clear that our issues aren't down to those three players as they've hardly played.

100% agree, that's what I'm saying, can't just say 'it's cause we've only signed league one players" as though took us down already 

16 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Who is Karlan Grant an improvement on in our squad? Is he better than Britt or Fletcher?

Fran Villalba is a bit of an unknown for me so I've no idea who he is an improvement on?

Yeah Grant is definitely better than both of those, Premier league teams will be looking  at him after this season I'd wager

He's an attacking midfielder, can do a job out wide but he was hailed as the next David Silva at Valencia

They're just a couple of examples there'll be hundreds of players who are an improvement on Marvin Johnson for example and we could get for around £1.5m or even less, the French leagues are full of direct wingers with pace.

We have a  pretty easy start to the season too and don't play any of the big guns until mid October when it's WBA, Huddersfield, Fulham and then Derby. If we're still struggling by that stage then we could get in real trouble.

2 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

I agree that its to early to panic yet, but how many games need to pass before we do need to panic?

If we do get to that stage I believe we will have to accept that under the tenure of SG we will have gone full circle and that there maybe lots more to be worried about!

Totally out of our hands all we can do is wait and see

Can’t bear watching Britt. Does nothing to help the team and is a defenders dream. Never seen a weaker striker with his back to goal. Might get pelters, but I’ve never really rated him in his time here. Has zero technical ability and can’t finish. 

I know there are other problems in the team, but Britt has done absolutely nothing in the first 3 games. Let Fletcher have a run up front, feel he gets shoved out wide out of position solely because Britt cost us 15m. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Core team is the same that Monk had besides McNair in midfield over Leadbitter and Dijksteel over Christie this team should be nowhere near a relegation place by October yet alone May.

Tuesday's a huge game there's expectation based on our historical home form in the past 5 years that we SHOULD beat Wigan if we don't get his first win in the next 2 games he'll be in serious trouble with players/fans everyone loves a 'project' until the losses pile up especially home losses.

The squad in depth we have now though is awful. 

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Can’t bear watching Britt. Does nothing to help the team and is a defenders dream. Never seen a weaker striker with his back to goal. Might get pelters, but I’ve never really rated him in his time here. Has zero technical ability and can’t finish. 

I know there are other problems in the team, but Britt has done absolutely nothing in the first 3 games. Let Fletcher have a run up front, feel he gets shoved out wide out of position solely because Britt cost us 15m. 

It would be no great shock if Britt was sold in January.

Wow! That was really really bad.

That was ridicilous! 

Shotton, friend and Britt - lost for words.

PUlis has mentally damaged this team. The long balls were poor and aimless all game.

Browne looked good when he came on, but that was extremely painful to watch.

Good reception for Downing apart from the minority mindless idiots as normal.

Long hard season ahead for us fans.