oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1

It’s early days yet, Woodgate is still new to the job. How many of you guys were really good at your job, when you first started it? These things take time, he’ll become a better manager and he’ll begin to make the right decisions. 

The table means nothing, this early in the season, there is a hell of a lot of football left to play. There is no point slating the new players, the club bought the ones they could both attract and afford, there’s no point getting cross because they came from league one teams whilst advocating the use of under 23 players. I want Woodgate to carry on with his philosophy rather than revert to long ball tactics. 

No need to panic, chaps. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

Shotton first half was legit a 5 star performance. Second half he was -5 stars.. Absolutely shocking display. His blind 30 yard backwards pass to Randolph should've been the moment he was subbed and never seen again.

Lewis Wing is another completely out of form. Not the same player. Lazy, sloppy..

Otherwise we lacked shape and a pattern of play. No passing - just hoofing it, no gambling ahead of the ball, no high-press, no tempo.. everything was just off.

Ended with a Garry Monk special; every possible forward on the pitch but no one with the brains to make a pass.

*Not sure about the attacks on Britt. He worked hard but there's nothing he can do alone. The freekicks against him were usually weak refereeing decisions. 

14 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Core team is the same that Monk had besides McNair in midfield over Leadbitter and Dijksteel over Christie this team should be nowhere near a relegation place by October yet alone May.

Tuesday's a huge game there's expectation based on our historical home form in the past 5 years that we SHOULD beat Wigan if we don't get his first win in the next 2 games he'll be in serious trouble with players/fans everyone loves a 'project' until the losses pile up especially home losses.

Spot on again, this team is better than a relegation place and it will come through eventually. 

100% don't believe he will get sacked at any point during the season though, Gibbo won't do it. 

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Wouldn’t bother me tbh. Could buy a new striker, winger and cb with the money. Give Fletcher a go upfront.

Yeh agree, done nowt today outmuscled 2nd half against Brentford luxury player that we can ill afford.

• Like 1
Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It’s early days yet, Woodgate is still new to the job. How many of you guys were really good at your job, when you first started it? These things take time, he’ll become a better manager and he’ll begin to make the right decisions. 

The table means nothing, this early in the season, there is a hell of a lot of football left to play. There is no point slating the new players, the club bought the ones they could both attract and afford, there’s no point getting cross because they came from league one teams whilst advocating the use of under 23 players. I want Woodgate to carry on with his philosophy rather than revert to long ball tactics. 

No need to panic, chaps. 

Agree with majority of what you're saying apart from the woodgate philosophy bit. From what I've seen what Woodgate says  hes going to do and what we actually put out on the pitch are two completely different things.

We don't pass the ball around, we play a lot of hoof ball. I'm not actually sure what we are trying to do, the energy wasn't even there today.

1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

Agree with majority of what you're saying apart from the woodgate philosophy bit. From what I've seen what Woodgate says  hes going to do and what we actually put out on the pitch are two completely different things.

We don't pass the ball around, we play a lot of hoof ball. I'm not actually sure what we are trying to do, the energy wasn't even there today.

Fair enough, I’ve only been able to watch one match so far, this season and that was the Luton game which was very entertaining. If the philosophy has changed then that’s a worry. 

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

The squad in depth we have now though is awful. 

Right but at this point it isn't about depth it's mid August he's made minor team changes in the league so in training sessions he pretty much drills the XI this should be as good as it gets before injuries hit the squad it's pretty worrying Fry coming in will help Bola seems like he has attributes but positionally needs a bit of guidance so he knows who to track who not to track in the system isn't easy for a LB with Fletcher as his 'winger'.

We've played Luton, Brentford and Blackburn got 1 point if we start adding names to that list like Wigan of course a Middlesbrough manager deserves to be under pressure he's not fielding a team of 18 year olds. We have a 15 million pound striker leading the line that's where relegation/Vickers Norwich comparison falls flat on it's face Woodgate needs to rethink and regroup he needs a win badly it's not been good enough so far a couple of pass triangles leading to long shots isn't taking us anywhere if that's the limit of his coaching imagination he'll not last long.

One point from nine is not a good start anyway you wish to view it. When to judge the team is down to the individual and for me as alway 6 to 8 games in. Should we be concerned then that’s a emphatic yes we should be. 

15 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Wow! That was really really bad.

That was ridicilous! 

Shotton, friend and Britt - lost for words.

PUlis has mentally damaged this team. The long balls were poor and aimless all game.

Browne looked good when he came on, but that was extremely painful to watch.

Good reception for Downing apart from the minority mindless idiots as normal.

Long hard season ahead for us fans. 

Why blame Pulis ?