• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Fair play to you Wilson ya daft bugger ?

Literally just asked for an example to back up a statement, I don't think that's such a daft thing to do, I wouldn't expect anything different from yourself.

I also still think there are plenty of factors beyond money that means we wouldn't go in for those players, we won't know about them. I mean barely anyone on here knew about those players before so that comes down to a good scouting team, something we're quite aware we don't have. So there's already my expectation lowered.

It's also not in the market we've looked in in the past, these aren't proven Championship players who you can expect performances out of, they are hungry young players in divisions with less overall quality in. It's a bit hit and miss though we can hardly attest to our method being anything even close to being better than that.

One thing you can say though is that the 3 players we have signed do fit that model. They're cheaper than what we used to pay, they're young and supposedly hungry to prove themselves at a higher standard of football than what they were at before. If we can increase their value at all, we'll at least have made some positive impact in our transfer dealings. Even just having one of them valued at anything that could be deemed a substantial profit could be huge. Spending £3.5-4m on those 3 and selling one for £8m and you've covered any loss you might have on the other 3.

But that still comes with a low expectation, giving these young players a platform to come in and show the division what they're worth has to. By all means, let them set high expectations for themselves but I don't see any use in say expecting Browne to bag tons of goals or assists. Not all of the best players listed came in and hit the ground running.

I am not having this "it takes time to..."

A professional footballer shouldnt need full re education to pass a football forward and not sideways 

I appreciate there not the brightest of light bulbs in the grand scale of professions but come on ....

Just now, pokeyjoe said:

I am not having this "it takes time to..."

A professional footballer shouldnt need full re education to pass a football forward and not sideways 

I appreciate there not the brightest of light bulbs in the grand scale of professions but come on ....

If you'd been doing something out of habit for the past 5 years, do you think you'd find it easy to just stop doing it that way and do it another?

the deflating thing for me is that in the Luton game . even though there was flaws in the system , you could acceptably put those down to infancy in its application and all in all i was pleasantly suprised with the intent we showed in our offensive intentions.  today i got the feeling it was completely back to what weve had to suffer for many many away games  in recent times, there was no optimism that we were capable or even prepared to open up and get at them. Blackburn to be fair arent amongst the elite in this division and it just felt like we had no ambition and thats the soul destroying  thing .

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

If you'd been doing something out of habit for the past 5 years, do you think you'd find it easy to just stop doing it that way and do it another?

It's not even that.. there's rarely a pass on. The forwards are on the last man and we hoof it forward. It's pure Pulis-ball without the structure.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

There's a video, Dominic Matteo on playing under Pulis - basically saying the players at West Brom forgot how to play their natural way, he blamed Pulus for them going down. 

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Which takes up back to a full pre-season implementing his "high press" ideas 

We do not have the quality of player to put this "high press" in any sort of effect imo

I think a lot of managers looked at Leeds last season and are going to try the same this season

Blame who you will, Bausor/Woodgate/Gibbo the end result is becoming the same  

1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

It's not even that.. there's rarely a pass on. The forwards are on the last man and we hoof it forward. It's pure Pulis-ball without the structure.

Woodgate needs to tell certain players that if they can't adapt to the new style of football he wants to implement, and continually play hoof ball, then they won't be considered for the starting 11.  

3 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Woodgate needs to tell certain players that if they can't adapt to the new style of football he wants to implement, and continually play hoof ball, then they won't be considered for the starting 11.  

With a paper thin squad, that might not be a good idea ?

A lot of it today was just technique as well though, there was about 4-5 good runs that were ruined by absolutely dreadful passes. 

I honestly believe we're unlucky not to have a minimum of 5 points and maybe even 7, but we don't, so we just have to try and keep improving, go again Tuesday. Still 43 games left, I refuse to let the sky fall this early.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Is there a five aside league we could maybe join?