oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1

9 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

It's not even that.. there's rarely a pass on. The forwards are on the last man and we hoof it forward. It's pure Pulis-ball without the structure.

I thought that too, to be honest. Not seen the game today but the Brentford game saw plenty of hoof. You have to think sometimes players revert to type in difficult situations.

Sometimes I also think it's part and parcel of how we want to play. If you're lumping the ball upfield to a forward player, you've got to be ready for the knock-downs and that's part of how a high press can work. Leeds did that a lot last season to get up the pitch quickly. But if you're just lumping it up, your midfield is barely in the opposition half and the forwards are nowhere near one another, it just won't work. That was in the Crewe game a little, we had such a static midfield that even if Gestede was winning headers, nobody would chase the second ball down, Crewe were first to every second ball.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I thought that too, to be honest. Not seen the game today but the Brentford game saw plenty of hoof. You have to think sometimes players revert to type in difficult situations.

Sometimes I also think it's part and parcel of how we want to play. If you're lumping the ball upfield to a forward player, you've got to be ready for the knock-downs and that's part of how a high press can work. Leeds did that a lot last season to get up the pitch quickly. But if you're just lumping it up, your midfield is barely in the opposition half and the forwards are nowhere near one another, it just won't work. That was in the Crewe game a little, we had such a static midfield that even if Gestede was winning headers, nobody would chase the second ball down, Crewe were first to every second ball.

Ha Ha Gestede win headers. Please explain!

Just now, Brunners said:

A lot of it today was just technique as well though, there was about 4-5 good runs that were ruined by absolutely dreadful passes. 

I honestly believe we're unlucky not to have a minimum of 5 points and maybe even 7, but we don't, so we just have to try and keep improving, go again Tuesday. Still 43 games left, I refuse to let the sky fall this early.

This is the kind of reaction we need at this stage. If what we're going to do is going to take effect, it will take time and yeah, we may need the rub of the green a little too.

These two home games are important, I agree with a lot on that. I'm not so fussed about today, maybe because I couldn't see it (or listen to most of it thanks to the commentary). I think we need a big reaction against Wigan to set us up nicely for Millwall, as they've started well.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

honestly believe we're unlucky not to have a minimum of 5 points and maybe even 7, but we don't, so we just have to try and keep improving, go again Tuesday. Still 43 games left, I refuse to let the sky fall this early.

It has been a case of what might have been. I have been at work so the vibes on here seem as though it was not a great display today. I suppose we have to accept the inconsistency in trying to change a lot of things at once. The pressing game is probably not going to work every game and personally I dont think we have the players to do it well but Woody must have sold it in his interview and he knows more than me so hopefully time will prove him right. We do need to try and get more points on the board this week though, just to take the pressure off.

• Like 1
Just now, Smoggydownsouth said:

Abject uninspiring lack of passion drive and leadership... my biggest concern is how after 45 mins the team are out on their legs... all is not rosy one thinks

Spill the beans! I want to be patient and even tho again we have lost ok its not great but I wanna give him time to make his mark but there will come a time when I think ***.. We could be in trouble. Let's hope it doesn't get to that.  Still think our squad is garbage in some areas. 

I want to know where do we go from here? Fail to impress in these 2 home fixtures and woodgate will be under severe pressure imo.

the scary part is Woodgate was our affordable option, yet unless we see big improvements if we find ourselves in the bottom 3 come October Gibson will have to act, who on earth do we bring in? We will have to pay off woodgate and Keane and get a promising league 1 guy in maybe. I really hope we have a contingency plan for this.

I know it’s early to be talking like this but at the minute I can’t see where the improvements are coming from. These next 2 home games are massive, I think we can get a win at least against Wigan though, maybe that will get us going.

13 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I want to know where do we go from here? Fail to impress in these 2 home fixtures and woodgate will be under severe pressure imo.

There's your answer, mate. We need to focus on the next 2 games and move on from this. Like you said, it's going to start getting hot if we don't pick up 4 out of 6 points in the next 2 games at least. Arguably we very much need a win against Wigan to really set the fires going. But there's still so much left of this season to go before we start getting really worried.

I also think it's worth pointing out that we should have won against Brentford and barring an awful penalty, may well have won against Luton. It was small margins and things out of our control which at least gave us no results in those games. Today sounds like not much better than Crewe if at all but hey, if we can make a good go of it at home this season, we should be alright. I'm looking forward to Tuesday night.

• Like 1