oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1

47 minutes ago, Boro Scot said:

he didn't wanna talk about today's game at all, just kept saying 'we go again Tuesday'

He's possibly been reading some psychology books or taking advice about not dwelling on a poor result/performance.

I suspect he'll be giving quite a few more similar post-match interviews this season.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

I cannot believe the reaction form woody. "Oh we were both bad today, we go again" 

I couldn't care less if Blackburn were poor, it doesn't make it ok for us to be rubbish.

Is this guy for real? I was at Ewood Park and that was a disgrace. Nevermind the lack of quality we weren't up for it. Second best to every ball.

At the end of the day how have we gone from smashing the league, the club with the biggest budget to a team that has no ambition and accepts mediocrity. You've got to feel for Woody thought with the squad he has to work with.

Just now, DurhamRed said:

At the end of the day how have we gone from smashing the league, the club with the biggest budget to a team that has no ambition and accepts mediocrity. You've got to feel for Woody thought with the squad he has to work with.

Agree, there's been a huge switch from the leadership. 

Just looks as though Gibson is no longer interested. I do feel for Woodgate in a way. But I doubt gibbo will sack him no matter the results. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Not really though, he of all people would have known the deal as he was part of the coaching staff previously. The team he has is what he’s signed or knew he had before agreeing to take over

7 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

When we have money Gibson seems happy to back his manager to the hilt. When we have little money then there is very little to back him with so mediocrity it is. I have seen enough that if it clicks we will be ok this season. We wont be anywhere near the play offs though. I can also imagine next year being tougher with the amount of players out of contract who will not necessarily take a large reduction in salary. If they all leave and replaced with a mixture of youth and developing players it could become a really tough watch. Then theres the high earners who we cannot afford. Crikey. Wheres Mogga when you need him.

Edited by TAPOUT
6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Monk, Pulis, Braithwaite, Gestede, paying ridiculous salaries for Shotton etc...it's been a mess really. I have a feeling that we'll hang on to Woody no matter what happens.

I'm just not even convinced that Woodgate and his staff have the experience and know how to turn this around. 

At least with Karanka or even Pulis to a degree, you always thought they'd have some experience of what we needed. 

Today's selections just show a complete strangeness and highlight the lack of experience.

we can only hope or trust (depending on your personal stance) that JW manages to  suss things out ,because realistically can you see SG eating humble pie .  No, i dont see it myself so were stuck with what weve got  so lets hope things get better rather than worse .  such is the investment ( maybe an ironic term)  that SG has placed in this appointment  i could even imagine there being more  likelihood of  him bailing out himself  rather than face having to sack Woodgate if the worst scenario  arises and we  get marooned at the relegation end of things.   

3 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Wouldn’t bother me tbh. Could buy a new striker, winger and cb with the money. Give Fletcher a go upfront.

The way he is playing Britt won't be worthy much at all come January, so if we are to buy three players with what we get for him, they will be from league 2.

9 minutes ago, Z3man said:

The way he is playing Britt won't be worthy much at all come January, so if we are to buy three players with what we get for him, they will be from league 2.

Assombanolonga???

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I'm just not even convinced that Woodgate and his staff have the experience and know how to turn this around

At least with Karanka or even Pulis to a degree, you always thought they'd have some experience of what we needed. 

Today's selections just show a complete strangeness and highlight the lack of experience.

They are learning on the job really so dont have any experience of dealing with any situations they find themselves in. That is going to be down to how they conduct themselves with the players and fans to a degree. If he really believes this squad can deliver the style of play he wants then he has to stick with that. If not he has to be pragmatic and play more to the squads abilities. I think thats why Pulis was able to get results. Karanka was left a half decent squad but he was able to organise them defensively and built a platform for the following couple of seasons.  As for todays selections, being at work I was not able to follow closely but most people seemed happy pre match.

I was nervous before the season started and nothing seen so far has changed my opinion. 

Woodgate is naive, possibly not brave enough to stick to his philosophy. 

Where is the leadership on the pitch? 

We are awful. 

The only glimmer of hope I have is that Norwich last year and Fulham the year before had very bad starts to the season and were promoted. But looking at the squad they simply isn't two quality players in every position like we had under Karanka to get us promotion