oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1

1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

I found it concerning that he didnt play Coulson who I thought has been our brightest spark going forward. 

He went for the older style of Friend which showed last season didnt work. 

Injured til september

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

It's been quite a surreal footballing journey for the Boro recently, from that promotion season, to relegation, to a fanbase that's possibly the most divided I can remember. 

I just can't get my head around how we've managed to go from top flight to looking so absolutely dreadful in the space of 3 seasons. I've wanted Woodgate to do well, but the games I've seen so far I'm just really concerned about our prospects, despite that 45 minutes against Brentford. 

If we concede against Wigan on Tuesday, the ground will be toxic, and like last season that will completely kill our confidence.

• Like 3

The club is in a period of transition at the moment as Gibson is clearing wanting us to go in a direction which moves away from him continuing to pour loads of money inefficiently into the club. A consequence of this is that it's going to be a tough job for any manager - especially an inexperienced manager like Woodgate. Woodgate is straight talking and talks the talk about wanting play great football and giving academy players first team football - which got him the job and got the fans excited post-Pulis - but he strikes being too similar to someone like Tim Sherwood who talks the talk but is ultimately not good enough. Give me a Karanka over someone like that every time. If we lose on Tuesday v Wigan then things are going to turn toxic quickly as it will be very difficult to imagine us being able to turn things around.

1 hour ago, BillinghamBoro said:

It's been quite a surreal footballing journey for the Boro recently, from that promotion season, to relegation, to a fanbase that's possibly the most divided I can remember. 

I just can't get my head around how we've managed to go from top flight to looking so absolutely dreadful in the space of 3 seasons. I've wanted Woodgate to do well, but the games I've seen so far I'm just really concerned about our prospects, despite that 45 minutes against Brentford. 

If we concede against Wigan on Tuesday, the ground will be toxic, and like last season that will completely kill our confidence.

I honestly don’t think people are bothered enough to make the atmosphere toxic, feel like the life has been completely sucked out of the club over the last few years to the point where people don’t seem to care anymore 

• Like 2

Woody is like a rabbit in the headlights at the moment. He's clearly thought about what he wants to say but when the performances and results don't go the way he wanted, he doesn't really know how to handle things. I can only imagine that if we become a regular squatter in the bottom 3 then the pressure will mount very quickly. I remember how Strachan eventually seemed to lose it completely and he had some management experience.

3 minutes ago, Boro Scot said:

yeah we have Britt Ekland working the turnstyle on the south stand

When did you last go to a match, must be at least 10 years since we had people working the turnstiles.

Anyway you are wrong, it was the north stand she worked on. Topless on warm days.

4 minutes ago, Z3man said:

When did you last go to a match, must be at least 10 years since we had people working the turnstiles.

Anyway you are wrong, it was the north stand she worked on. Topless on warm days.

It was exactly 10 years ago and it was a warm day, Britt Eklund was working

2 hours ago, p_mards said:

The club is in a period of transition at the moment as Gibson is clearing wanting us to go in a direction which moves away from him continuing to pour loads of money inefficiently into the club. A consequence of this is that it's going to be a tough job for any manager - especially an inexperienced manager like Woodgate. Woodgate is straight talking and talks the talk about wanting play great football and giving academy players first team football - which got him the job and got the fans excited post-Pulis - but he strikes being too similar to someone like Tim Sherwood who talks the talk but is ultimately not good enough. Give me a Karanka over someone like that every time. If we lose on Tuesday v Wigan then things are going to turn toxic quickly as it will be very difficult to imagine us being able to turn things around.

Gibson hasn’t put his own money in for a long time and almost certainly since promotion season everything has been covered by tv money, player sales and other revenue.

Where is the leadership on the pitch? Is Friend the right man to wear the Captains arm band, does he inspire others around him?

Who are the real effort players on the pitch?

If there is one then make him Captain please, because it is noticeable that performances since George has been back have not been as good as the two without him.

Can't believe that I am even considering this but Clayton would make a far better captain than current

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Where is the leadership on the pitch? Is Friend the right man to wear the Captains arm band, does he inspire others around him?

If there is one then make him Captain please, because it is noticeable that performances since George has been back have not been as good as the two without him.

Can't believe that I am even considering this but Clayton would make a far better captain than current

I love George Friend but as a full back his legs had gone 2 years ago. If we can see it from the stands then surely Woodgate can see the same. 

That makes me think that Bola is nowhere near being ready to play at this level otherwise he'd have being playing. 

I don't think there's a lack of leadership or fight we just have a very average set of players and a manager who is basically learning on the job. Hopefully he can start getting results otherwise him and the chairman will be under a bit of pressure. 

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Clayton is a key player for us.  I'd put him captain every time.  Everyone always has someone to play instead of Clayton and when it happens it's funny how our results are not as good.  

When everyone is fit, Friend shouldn't start.

• Like 1