oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1

18 minutes ago, White Band said:

I would actually like to see Howson given a run as captain. He reads the game well and I believe he understands the roles of other players and how they need to fit together. I would have had him as captain rather than Ayala in the early games. Ayala can be rash and unpredictable, whereas Howson seems pretty level headed. I think he would really grow into the role if given the chance.  

I agree with Howson being captain material, and Ayala needing to concentrate on his own game without also being the manager on the pitch....I just think the captain should have a nailed down place in the team. If I am reading the situation right at the moment, Howson is our 2nd choice RB and 1 of 4 CM the manager prefers. He might be one of the first names on the sheet, but where depends on the others and Id rather the captain was more stable than that. Same as Friend. He should be 3rd choice LB, not 2nd/1st. If we are moving him inside, keep him there.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, ChipBarrington said:

I agree with Howson being captain material, and Ayala needing to concentrate on his own game without also being the manager on the pitch....I just think the captain should have a nailed down place in the team. If I am reading the situation right at the moment, Howson is our 2nd choice RB and 1 of 4 CM the manager prefers. He might be one of the first names on the sheet, but where depends on the others and Id rather the captain was more stable than that. Same as Friend. He should be 3rd choice LB, not 2nd/1st. If we are moving him inside, keep him there.

I can see what you're saying, but I'm not sure any of the players who appear to currently be 'nailed on' starters at the moment (if there is such a thing) are currently captain material. I'm not keen on goal keepers as captain, I don't see Britt as a captain and don't think Wing, Fry, Johnson, Dijksteel and Coulson (who seem to be first choice options) are experienced enough yet. I would not be confident in Shotton as captain and McNair is in a similar situation to Howson.   Fry and Wing are likely to make good captainsin the future, but they are not ready yet.

If you thought the last few years were hard then buckle up this is going to be a long frustrating season. We have one point from nine and no sign of a system that might improve and yield results. There are no players to bring on that may change a game. There is no sign of the pressing game and no prospect of it ever happening with the current squad. What we have is a club further adjusting to life without cash, a club with nails dug into greased slide heading to championship survival. I said give it 6 to 8 games some say 10 but by then and unless there is a 100% turn around in results we will be firmly be embedded in the bottom half. 

On 8/17/2019 at 3:54 PM, boro-unger said:

Got to start winning sometime. Got a feeling it will be today. Team sounds like it'll be similar to the last league game from the presser, and that they've had a kick up the bum.... 3-1 Boro. Britt x1, Wing x1, Ayala x1

On 8/17/2019 at 4:21 PM, Riverside Dreamer said:

No chance we will win by 2! More likely a draw or a loss, Downing to score one and an assist, I painfully predict. 

I am new to this forum and a little shaken and confused. Are we not allowed to comment on mods posts? Granted my prediction of Downing scoring or assisting was wrong but an X boro player did in fact score. Boro-unger gave me a warning and I could not post for a day and 10 hours. Why was I banned? I can only think he didnt like my comment? Bit harsh. Please educate me as I want to be able to comment during a match day thread next time and not be banned like that again. Thanks and regards. 

2 hours ago, Riverside Dreamer said:

I am new to this forum and a little shaken and confused. Are we not allowed to comment on mods posts? Granted my prediction of Downing scoring or assisting was wrong but an X boro player did in fact score. Boro-unger gave me a warning and I could not post for a day and 10 hours. Why was I banned? I can only think he didnt like my comment? Bit harsh. Please educate me as I want to be able to comment during a match day thread next time and not be banned like that again. Thanks and regards. 

Are you certain that all you did was have a different score prediction? Boro-unger is a level headed chap and I can’t see him banning anyone for having a different score prediction to him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Are you certain that all you did was have a different score prediction? Boro-unger is a level headed chap and I can’t see him banning anyone for having a different score prediction to him. 

Have no idea, thats the only reason I can think of. I was being a little negative but being a realist. No idea why. Should I message him directly? Can I do that? 

5 minutes ago, Riverside Dreamer said:

Have no idea, thats the only reason I can think of. I was being a little negative but being a realist. No idea why. Should I message him directly? Can I do that? 

Yes you could send him a private message. As I said he is pretty level headed and I do think he would be approachable for an explanation

All moderation action is "monitored" of course you can ask him for a more detailed reason but looking into his reasons then I have to agree with him at the time.

However please do not let it spoil future contributions. We are a forgiving lot and tend to forget about things eventually:classic_wink: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

All moderation action is "monitored" of course you can ask him for a more detailed reason but looking into his reasons then I have to agree with him at the time.

However please do not let it spoil future contributions. We are a forgiving lot and tend to forget about things eventually:classic_wink: 

What was the reason? I cannot private messages says he doesn't receive messages! 

5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Yes you could send him a private message. As I said he is pretty level headed and I do think he would be approachable for an explanation

Says he doesnt accept private messages. Anyway hopefully he will see this and shed some light. 

1 minute ago, Riverside Dreamer said:

Says he doesnt accept private messages. Anyway hopefully he will see this and shed some light. 

I will ask him to pm you, surprised he does not accept pm due to the role.

Can you accept that and keep at that instead of the public arena? Thanks  

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I will ask him to pm you, surprised he does not accept pm due to the role.

Can you accept that and keep at that instead of the public arena? Thanks  

Sure, I could only bring this to light in the public arena and was disappointed I could not get involved when the match was going as I suddenly found my self banned for no reason at all. Surely thats not right? 

15 minutes ago, Riverside Dreamer said:

Sure, I could only bring this to light in the public arena and was disappointed I could not get involved when the match was going as I suddenly found my self banned for no reason at all. Surely thats not right? 

Unless some of your posts were deleted by the moderation team before I saw them, there's no way you should have been banned for 24 hours. Such bans are very rare.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Unless some of your posts were deleted by the moderation team before I saw them, there's no way you should have been banned for 24 hours. Such bans are very rare.

Thanks for the support but nothing was deleted I did not offend anyone. It must of been me being new and going against his big win.