oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1

1 minute ago, Riverside Dreamer said:

Thanks for the support but nothing was deleted I did not offend anyone. It must of been me being new and going against his big win. 

Nobody should be getting banned for being new, that's ridiculous. There must be more to this. I've been given a few warnings by BU, mainly for insulting other posters and I've not been banned for that.

Think this needs making public, @Downsouth

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Nobody should be getting banned for being new, that's ridiculous. There must be more to this. I've been given a few warnings by BU, mainly for insulting other posters and I've not been banned for that.

a few good men you cant handle the truth GIF by SundanceTV

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

a few good men you cant handle the truth GIF by SundanceTV

This is what I got for what appears to be no reason. 

warning.png

56 minutes ago, Riverside Dreamer said:

Sure, I could only bring this to light in the public arena and was disappointed I could not get involved when the match was going as I suddenly found my self banned for no reason at all. Surely thats not right? 

33 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Nearly every bit of moderation is kept within the moderating team and not made public, and not for sinister reasons I can assure you but the aim is to keep the forum clear of those persons who for whatever reasons have their own agenda, or want to create multiple accounts, which is against form rules and to circumnavigate bans they had received under a different user name. Or most importantly whose opinions vastly differ from what we all consider decent.

AdamBoro was recently banned for homophobic comments placed within the forum that were not acceptable to the forum and away from being decent.

Sadly, and yes perhaps took too long to spot it, though Boro_Unger did, Riverside Dreamer was an attempt to re-join the forum under another guise, little by little the façade was eroded because certain traits appeared once again leaving me with no choice but to delete his account, not banning him because he is already banned.

I have deleted many attempts by him to re-join since his original ban and on a daily basis, but IP addresses, user names, and other aspects give him away.

We do not want negative attitudes on the forum, we do not want multiple user names and I hope that all members even those initially supporting Riverside Dreamer can understand and accept my actions, he really should not have mentioned it because he may have got away with it for a bit longer but how long before other homophobic comments would come out.

The only person who gets away with multiple accounts is CT who needs the support:classic_biggrin: 

Joking aside well done Boro_Unger for some really good moderating!

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Oh wow, so I was half defending the person who I called for to be banned in the first place.

That's ironic! I did think something was up though, well done to you and BU for spotting what he was up to, and for the record I'm glad it's been made public in this instance.

• Like 4
54 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Nearly every bit of moderation is kept within the moderating team and not made public, and not for sinister reasons I can assure you but the aim is to keep the forum clear of those persons who for whatever reasons have their own agenda, or want to create multiple accounts, which is against form rules and to circumnavigate bans they had received under a different user name. Or most importantly whose opinions vastly differ from what we all consider decent.

Appreciate the explanation DS and good work if the information shows this was a homophobic member who has previously been removed from the forum, arguably this forum is incredibly clean of that so that's very much appreciated.

I appreciate that this isn't one of those cases given the offender having previous (and surely knowing full well the reasons behind being banned) but I presume any other warnings/bans are at least given alongside a message to inform them why actions have been taken? Just the way this read was a little like decisions and discussions are kept amongst mods and mods only, so offenders would perhaps never know what they did wrong.

23 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Appreciate the explanation DS and good work if the information shows this was a homophobic member who has previously been removed from the forum, arguably this forum is incredibly clean of that so that's very much appreciated.

I appreciate that this isn't one of those cases given the offender having previous (and surely knowing full well the reasons behind being banned) but I presume any other warnings/bans are at least given alongside a message to inform them why actions have been taken? Just the way this read was a little like decisions and discussions are kept amongst mods and mods only, so offenders would perhaps never know what they did wrong.

In the vast majority of cases Wilson then the answer is yes.

Very often the case is a pm is sent out before hand before any action is taken though at times instant action is definitely required for the very reasons you have mentioned. BU simply had no choice and gave himself some breathing space for follow up investigation

• Like 2

What a strange way to finish off a match day thread!

Talk about derailing a thread but hopefully the matter above is closed and we move on to the more important aspects like when will the Boro win!

i coose not to get into mod issues as a rule but in this case i must admit i was shocked during the original posts . but full marks to DS for clarifying the situation with an explanation  of the case involved.  See how easily you can get everyone onside with open-ness.   all it needed was CLARITY.  are you reading MFC.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for your comments all. I've checked my PMs. My inbox was 470% used. Must have got a smaller inbox with the move to the new software. I've emptied the messages so I can now receive PMs from people. 

Feedback taken on board and I should have put a reason for the ban on the ban-form (i put a reason in for the other mods). There was just too much didn't add up with RD!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Thanks for your comments all. I've checked my PMs. My inbox was 470% used. Must have got a smaller inbox with the move to the new software. I've emptied the messages so I can now receive PMs from people. 

Feedback taken on board and I should have put a reason for the ban on the ban-form (i put a reason in for the other mods). There was just too much didn't add up with RD!

I noticed this with my PMs too, looks like a smaller inbox when I went to empty a few out. Ended up cleaning it out entirely barring our love notes.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1