oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1

On 8/16/2019 at 1:48 PM, Riverside Dreamer said:

They disappoint us too many times, I am a realist and don't sugar coat it. I hope I am wrong its just a strong warning that we could do a Sunderland which would be devastating. The club could not survive that unless we got some Arab investors but cant see that for a North Eastern club. 

Why does pessimists always concider them selves to be realists? ?

• Haha 1
  • Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I also think Pepe was signed as first choice at arsenal yet he was on the bench today. It happens at every club with new signings. 

No, it happens sometimes with new signings.  Unless I'm mistaken, we don't have a squad full of quality players though unlike say Arsenal?

15 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think any of them were signed to go straight into the team, no. I don't think that idea even fits the mould of player we've tried to sign, really. The mantra has been to sign young and hungry players, not young players who walk into our first team. If you're asking me if I expect them to be first-team players over time, then yes, that is what's going to define whether they were good buys or not. But if you're asking me if signing Browne, Bola and Dijksteel is the same as signing Flint, Saville or Howson, then no, I think that's mad, certainly at this stage.

So to be clear, do you believe that what little money we had in the summer was in fact just spent on projects?  And this is something you're happy with given the squad we had?

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

When did ayala become sanchez Ayala? I'd never heard him referred to that once but seems to be everywhere this season!

According to Wiki it's a Spanish naming convention, maybe he's just asked us to acknowledge it?

the first or paternal family name is Sánchez and the second or maternal family name is Ayala.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

So to be clear, do you believe that what little money we had in the summer was in fact just spent on projects?  And this is something you're happy with given the squad we had?

Considering that's all I expected, yes. ? I'm confused as to how you thought we'd spend much, much less money than we usually could to bring in first-team ready players? I thought it was pretty well known that we'd have to change tactic, we'd have to bring through young players who we'd develop into bigger and better things over time and make some money on them? What were you expecting?

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Considering that's all I expected, yes. ? I'm confused as to how you thought we'd spend much, much less money than we usually could to bring in first-team ready players? I thought it was pretty well known that we'd have to change tactic, we'd have to bring through young players who we'd develop into bigger and better things over time and make some money on them? What were you expecting?

To improve the team.  You don't need to spend fortunes to do that but you do need to sign players who are better than you have and then play them.

• Latest Posts

• Jordan had said he'd spoken to people at all ends, I think. Gibson, Morris and the administrator. He seems to count all as either decent people or friends but had stuff to say about Morris' handling of it. He also said knowing Gibson as long as he has, he wouldn't make a fuss about something were there not some justification for it. For me personally, the big thing is looking back at the season in question. Thinking we should be due any kind of compensation for that season is hard. It entirely fits in with the narrative Pulis had after his last game, the whole 'finishing 7th better than 5th the year before'. I have a hard time accepting that finish was anything but our own fault but in fighting this case, we are saying it is in some way Derby's because of their cheating. I don't honestly think there's enough there in sporting terms to suggest they put themselves in a significantly difficult position to best and Pulis was certainly getting paid enough to justify him doing better with the squad we had. But that's just the emotional side of it for me. Reading what Rob Nichols told us and what Jordan has said certainly opens your eyes to how essentially evil the situation remains from a Derby perspective. I still hate Morris for what he's done and I hate the idea they could fight their way out of their situation this season or even look remotely rosy next season. I don't want them to disappear, I'll feel some sense of relief if/when they get bought. But so long as they reach that stage, I'll have them under my own 'intense scrutiny'.
    • Love this from the cameraman, UTB.
    • Interesting... I did hear the Jordan comments but don't fully understand the technicalities of the whole Derby becoming debt-free and returning stronger thing. Was news to me that the £45m thing was *** (I guess Simon may have heard that from Steve himself...?) I just hope it doesn't dissolve into "Boro are trying to kill Derby" and we get piled on... which is the narrative they're clearly desperate to create. We all know what football fans and pundits are like and most people won't read or understand the details. I'm a Boro fan and I still admit to not fully getting some of it. 
    • Check out the love between Crooks & Payero. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.