Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1


Recommended Posts

Just now, Changing Times said:

To improve the team.  You don't need to spend fortunes to do that but you do need to sign players who are better than you have and then play them.

Or you sign players who you see as improving to be better than them because you simply don't have the flexibility to just sign better players than you have. Who could we have signed as an example from other clubs that fit the bill of both being cheap in cost and immediately definitively better than what we have right now?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Or you sign players who you see as improving to be better than them because you simply don't have the flexibility to just sign better players than you have. Who could we have signed as an example from other clubs that fit the bill of both being cheap in cost and immediately definitively better than what we have right now?

How would I know the answer that question?  These players were supposedly Woodgate's top targets before he even got the job so presumably he rates them as more than just potential for the future.  What you're saying to me here is that we've done exactly what we've done in previous windows - signed players who aren't necessarily better than what we have - but we've just done it more cheaply.  And you're happy with that?  I'll leave it now cos the game is on but I sincerely hope that these new signings were signed for more than mere potential.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

True but then Wing as a holding midfielder seems odd.  Certainly a bit different to Clayton anyway ?

He has the passing range for it, Clayton when he had the ball was spraying the ball wide quite often, so in terms of vision it makes sense, but yes they're not exactly like for like players lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

He has the passing range for it, Clayton when he had the ball was spraying the ball wide quite often, so in terms of vision it makes sense, but yes they're not exactly like for like players lol.

I just hope he still gets opportunities to get shots off in and around the area.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

How would I know the answer that question?  These players were supposedly Woodgate's top targets before he even got the job so presumably he rates them as more than just potential for the future.  What you're saying to me here is that we've done exactly what we've done in previous windows - signed players who aren't necessarily better than what we have - but we've just done it more cheaply.  And you're happy with that?  I'll leave it now cos the game is on but I sincerely hope that these new signings were signed for more than mere potential.

I don't think your presumption is correct. I also think it's different signing players who you can actually make money on, unlike say... Saville or McNair, where we're much more likely not to make anything on them unless they really make it big. Signing players for max £2m, one good season and you can triple/quadruple that from a relegated team. Not gonna happen with anyone else we've signed. £300k for Browne and you expect Woody to expect him to be a first teamer straight away? I think you ought to lower your expectations of these players personally. I also think you've entirely misread our transfer business.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

I just hope he still gets opportunities to get shots off in and around the area.

He's had our only shot so far, so he is atm yeah.

We started pretty well today but have been poor the last 10 minutes or so. Need to pick it up

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think your presumption is correct. I also think it's different signing players who you can actually make money on, unlike say... Saville or McNair, where we're much more likely not to make anything on them unless they really make it big. Signing players for max £2m, one good season and you can triple/quadruple that from a relegated team. Not gonna happen with anyone else we've signed. £300k for Browne and you expect Woody to expect him to be a first teamer straight away? I think you ought to lower your expectations of these players personally. I also think you've entirely misread our transfer business.

I don't think I've misread it.  I think I disagree with it mate.  I'm not remotely interested in signing players to make money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Latest Posts

    • I can't see anything in the laws that says that. It does say that an injured goalkeeper doesn't have to leave the field of play to receive treatment, and that in itself prevents play from restarting until the keeper has received treatment, but it doesn't say anything specific about goalkeeper injuries stopping play. The ref has to stop play if they deem a player to be seriously injured, but I wouldn't class stepping on someone's heel as a serious injury. Which I think is reinforced by the fact De Gea was up and about walking within a minute. It also say the ref "allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is only slightly injured" and if Fred had stepped on any other Man United player, I definitely think that would be deemed only a slight injury and waved on.
    • Btw. does anyone know if the club do half-season online match tickets, like they do with normal season tickets? I vowed never to buy a match as long as Warnock was manager, but I might change my stance now, although I rarely get to see entire games due to other commitments.
    • Yeah I get that. It's probably the best time to not have midweek games with Fry and Payero getting back and the players learn the new routines and build up more fitness. But that still doesn't change the fact, that I want games.
    • If you follow the rule book it was the refs fault. The rules specifically say that the goalkeeper has to be fully functional at all time for the game to be continued. It was Arsenals luck that the ref didn't see he was down injured and blew his whistle before the ball had gone in. It's the refs responsibility to stop play as soon as the keeper isn't functional. That is what makes it controversial. If a keeper is hurt while trying to stop the ball from going into the net ie. bangs his head against the post and the ball goes in then it's obviously a goal. But if the keeper is down hurt before the 2nd 3rd or whatever touch then the ref has to stop play. 
    • Have a great time, that man. Hope the boys make you proud ,Enjoy the Legends Lounge & the party. .........  Travelling is a complete pain these days. Im off to Tenerife next week via Stansted so i need locator forms going into Spain, PCRS test & locator forms  coming back to the UK & again a locator form coming back to Ireland. All worth it though........... I love the way people on Forums ask "Does anyone know a bar in "wherever" where i can watch the match. In other words- I am in "wherever" & i want everyone to know it,  BTW Does anyone know a Bar in Costa Adeje where i can watch Sky Sports?!

×
×
  • Create New...