oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Against Brentford we definitely had Clayton sitting deep and Wing and NcNair pressing further up. In a 3 man midfield triangle. Seems like we have gone away from that completely.

Oh yeah, I get that.  But that's only part of our game plan surely?  I said the other day that in my opinion the only thing that's really different between this season and last is how high we are trying to defend up the pitch.  Now we press, last season we didn't and were happier to drop back.  What about with the ball though, where's the improvement cos I'm not seeing it.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

I just don't get like people have said, if we had no ambition why didn't we just cash in on Britt and co?

Could've made us financially able to actually have a go at scoring more than a goal a game next season 

5 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

How long have you been a boro fan flower....don't answer that, long enough to no that nothing changes under Gibson?.......it hasn't been any different for years, has it?

For a while, so yes I know, but still..... I like Coleman, fanstatic in the netflix doc ? ?

I have to say, that if Gibson was in charge of the NHS and picked my doctors, I'd be dead now............he's an even worse chairman than Mike Ashley and you know what N/cle fans think of him...............it is time he went along with all of the board.

I think Woody is going to be another Mogga............local hero to bluddy zero

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Oh yeah, I get that.  But that's only part of our game plan surely?  I said the other day that in my opinion the only thing that's really different between this season and last is how high we are trying to defend up the pitch.  Now we press, last season we didn't and were happier to drop back.  What about with the ball though, where's the improvement cos I'm not seeing it.

I think weve seen some improvement in flashes. The play before wings goal vs Luton was great and I dont think we would have seen it under pulis. But yes, certainly havent seen any consistent improvement. 

3 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I just don't get like people have said, if we had no ambition why didn't we just cash in on Britt and co?

Could've made us financially able to actually have a go at scoring more than a goal a game next season 

In hindsight it definitely looks like we should have sold him and bought two or three attackers instead. 

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Sad how we’ve gone from a PL team to a standard championship plodder team that’s only been strengthened by league 1 players. 

It's been about 10 years since we were a prem team to be fair

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Friend is one of our better "players" today .. Solid at that left back

That isn't hard.

We are so *** poor going forward. Trying to build a attacking team with Marvin Johnson as our only attacking creative  player.

If this performance carries on does he come out and repeat 'terrible performance' that he already used in midweek? He's putting himself in such a weak position people can blame Gibson for hiring him but he's turned us into a soft centred ill disciplined team very quickly just like Monk did it's really not good enough the excuses don't run that deep when you keep Britt/Randolph.

This is horrid so far. Trying to find positives but cannot see anything, rovers have controlled the game so far and we've barely challenged them. I honestly am struggling to see where our next point is coming from. Hoping to see a much improved second half but not holding my breath. Stupid play from Dijksteel.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Here's the penalty decision, this behind the goal angle actually suggests it's a lot softer than it originally looked, but there is a small tug there.

Not much in it really although there probably is a bit of contact I suppose.