Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Brunners said:

But he has been the best player on the pitch for large stretches when hes allowed to run and press high. I'm not sure I want to lose that having him sit deeper.

Yep, this. Clayton isn't even doing that bad a job and McNair has been good at breaking through midfield on the occasion he has a go. Given it's such a problematic point for us, keep him there to make sure he's doing it or we'll lose even more of our threat from midfield.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

Sadly Fry told me directly that he would not be ready for at least another 10 days at the Brentford game which means the following weekend after the Blackburn game where we could possibly see him playing

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

People are talking about Friend starting which I am not too sure about, however will ask if his performance last night automatically justifies his inclusion in the starting eleven?

He was better than Shotton has been, so in my mind yes, he should be in as long as he came through last night unscathed (as he seemed to).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep sorry my post was deceiving, I didn't mean for McNair to be sitting deep, as Brunners and Wilson said he's been playing very well further forward.

I'd have Howson sitting deep, McNair and Wing in front. As I said, think thats our best midfield combo and would love to see it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sarumite said:

Who will be Boro's penalty taker going forward?

Think either Fletcher or Wing.

2 hours ago, Sarumite said:

Will we see two fullbacks playing at fullback?

Think Coulson will stay in the team and think Dijksteel will start.

2 hours ago, Sarumite said:

Who makes your starting line up?

...................Randolph

Dijksteel....Ayala....Friend....Coulson

......................Howson

...........McNair...............Wing

Johnson....Assombalonga....Fletcher

2 hours ago, Sarumite said:

Will Boro pick their first win of the season this weekend?

No, don't think we will win this weekend. Think we will pick up a point though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

                      Randolph 

Dijksteel   Ayala   Friend   Coulson 

      Wing     Howson   McNair

   Johnson       Britt       Fletcher

 

Friend in for Shotton the very obvious one, anyone taking Shotton’s place in the team is a big boost. 

Dijksteel has already won at Blackburn this season and apparently was excellent, giving the Blackburn attackers nothing down his side.

Howson can’t be left out of the team, given Dijksteel at RB he is more than capable of sitting in the holding midfield role. He is much better on the ball than Clayts and his defensive ability has improved massively, worth a try. 

I’d like to see Browne starting but I think that will happen next week if Johnson doesn’t perform, too harsh to drop any of them for this game. Johnson was good against Brentford first half but definitely a drop off from Luton. Personally see Browne far ahead of Johnson for the long haul this season 

Fletcher deserves a chance to play 9, big performance needed from Britt at Blackburn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

                      Randolph 

Dijksteel   Ayala   Friend   Coulson 

      Wing     Howson   McNair

   Johnson       Britt       Fletcher

 

Friend in for Shotton the very obvious one, anyone taking Shotton’s place in the team is a big boost. 

Dijksteel has already won at Blackburn this season and apparently was excellent, giving the Blackburn attackers nothing down his side.

Howson can’t be left out of the team, given Dijksteel at RB he is more than capable of sitting in the holding midfield role. He is much better on the ball than Clayts and his defensive ability has improved massively, worth a try. 

I’d like to see Browne starting but I think that will happen next week if Johnson doesn’t perform, too harsh to drop any of them for this game. Johnson was good against Brentford first half but definitely a drop off from Luton. Personally see Browne far ahead of Johnson for the long haul this season 

Fletcher deserves a chance to play 9, big performance needed from Britt at Blackburn. 

Some great logic here - can't argue with any of it 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

People are talking about Friend starting which I am not too sure about, however will ask if his performance last night automatically justifies his inclusion in the starting eleven?

He was better than Shotton has been, so in my mind yes, he should be in as long as he came through last night unscathed (as he seemed to).

He wasn't that good but then he wouldn't have to be to play better than Shotton has played so far this season.  Pick anyone you like anyway, they are all rubbish.  Rubbish players, rubbish manager, rubbish chairman, rubbish scouts, rubbish CEO, rubbish ticket office, rubbish Mark Page, rubbish stewards, rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish ?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brunners said:

After the performance of shotton in both league games so far I'd be putting friend in straight away. Hell even wood would (heh) go in above shotton for me.

Hahaha, that's so funny, I've only just realised how funny you actually are mate.  Brilliant ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He wasn't that good but then he wouldn't have to be to play better than Shotton has played so far this season.  Pick anyone you like anyway, they are all rubbish.  Rubbish players, rubbish manager, rubbish chairman, rubbish scouts, rubbish CEO, rubbish ticket office, rubbish Mark Page, rubbish stewards, rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish ?

You forgot about the goal music.

Unless you voted for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Will be honest, deadly concerned about this season. Not sure where some fans optimism is coming from. We struggled against a team 2 division below us, so am predicting a 3-1 loss. 

There were 10 changes from the team that played Brentford though so it'll be a completely different team to the one that struggled against Crewe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be playing Clayton in the holding role. Not Howson. Has he ever even played there in his career? Playing holding midfielder is such a hard and important position to play, you can’t stick any old midfielder there. Clayton knows that position inside out, and imo hasn’t even been bad this season.

Playing a high press has already seen us vulnerable when they play through it. Leaving Clayton out will leave us more open at the back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I've watched the first two games and I'd certainly not identify clayton as a weakness. Once again its the ability to create clear cut chances that's killing us (and our questionable defensive shape) but I think hes done okay as an individual and certainly dont see anyone else who would perform any better than him at that role in the squad.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Latest Posts

    • https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/norwich-city-promotion-bournemouth-championship-20334964
    • I was about to start and point out how lucky and pampered you lot have been for a long long time Most have you won't know what a third division stadium looks like nor what it s like to sit on the steps in the Holgate at half time 'cause there's no one much about and the first half was garbage .........  and we're losing again   Then I thought I can't be bothered
    • Fry absolutely wants to remain at the club. Has no plans to leave. He's a home boy and just moved into a new house in Nunthorpe 👍. I think the 3 previous managers talking about problems with players attitudes just highlights what's been wrong at the club for a long while. Luckily a few of them are moving on this summer.  And they will be in a big shock when they don't get anywhere near the current money they are currently earning.  
    • Agree. Also its not just a strong first XI we need, if we want to push for promotion we're also going to to need decent cover on the bench.
    • Pretty depressing reading these posts, I have to say. If any of these rumours are true, we're gonna end up losing some of our best players, along with the dead wood. Just another reason for me not to have any hope next season, if Warnock is also alienating them, by continuing not to pick them when fit, or throwing them under the bus in press conferences. I guess we'll find out if he knows what he's doing come pre-season, but right now its not looking too clever.  

×
×
  • Create New...