Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

You know when Pulis and Woodgate said you don't just throw kids in at the deep end willy-nilly because it can ruin them? Case and point.

Eh?  He's been playing regularly before signing for us, hasn't he?  You think he's going to be ruined by being picked to play against Crewe and then again today? ?‍♂️?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

A second comment to say that in this thread. I wonder if we'll get no examples from you, as well.

Believe me mate I've put a lot of names in the transfer threads and there are far too many to name who would improve us and wouldn't break the bank 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

Eh?  He's been playing regularly before signing for us, hasn't he?  You think he's going to be ruined by being picked to play against Crewe and then again today? ?‍♂️?

 

No, not by playing, by fans who can't wait 5 minutes to jump on a player's back. A 22 year old playing his first season in the Championship at a team who hasn't been outside the top 2 divisions in God knows how long getting taken to town by their fans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Believe me mate I've put a lot of names in the transfer threads and there are far too many to name who would improve us and wouldn't break the bank 

I'm not asking for a list, mate. I'm asking for one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

A second comment to say that in this thread. I wonder if we'll get no examples from you, as well.

None of us are scouts, football recruitment people or have access to the same information that the club does, so how exactly do you expect anyone to answer that question adequately?  Other clubs manage to find good players without spending fortunes therefore it clearly is possible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Changing Times said:

None of us are scouts, football recruitment people or have access to the same information that the club does, so how exactly do you expect anyone to answer that question adequately?  Other clubs manage to find good players without spending fortunes therefore it clearly is possible.

Other clubs manage to find good players without spending fortunes but you can't name one? That's all I asked for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Other clubs manage to find good players without spending fortunes but you can't name one? That's all I asked for.

Do you really need a name to believe that it’s possible?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

No, not by playing, by fans who can't wait 5 minutes to jump on a player's back. A 22 year old playing his first season in the Championship at a team who hasn't been outside the top 2 divisions in God knows how long getting taken to town by their fans. 

Is he?  I've seen like one person make a strong comment about him.  Even after he gave the penalty away I didn't see lots of people saying he is rubbish etc?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Other clubs manage to find good players without spending fortunes but you can't name one? That's all I asked for.

One what?  One club or one player?  If I go through the list of transfers made this summer and put lots of names on here will you admit that you are talking ***?  Cos if you'll do that then I'll find the names for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm not asking for a list, mate. I'm asking for one.

Well for starters Karlan Grant cost Huddersfield £1.53m there's your one example from England 

From abroad I really like Fran Villalba who went to Birmingham 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Latest Posts

    • Love this from the cameraman, UTB.
    • Interesting... I did hear the Jordan comments but don't fully understand the technicalities of the whole Derby becoming debt-free and returning stronger thing. Was news to me that the £45m thing was *** (I guess Simon may have heard that from Steve himself...?) I just hope it doesn't dissolve into "Boro are trying to kill Derby" and we get piled on... which is the narrative they're clearly desperate to create. We all know what football fans and pundits are like and most people won't read or understand the details. I'm a Boro fan and I still admit to not fully getting some of it. 
    • Check out the love between Crooks & Payero. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
    • The club themselves probably won't come out and make any public statements about the ongoing thing because it gives their side something to argue with. When the Derby fans picked up on the FMTTM post, immediately it was sent to the administrators so they were aware of it. They want the narrative to change and as much as I'd hate to see Derby go out of business, they are playing dirty from a very risky position. The fans are desperate, they're still messaging our fan groups for us to do something about it. I think they're being left in the dark about the entire situation by both sides though. Right now, going by what Simon Jordan said the other day, us and Wycombe are waiting for an offer from the Derby end to try and settle the problem. Also, listening to him speak about it made it sound like the administrators are just trying to do their best to make the club a good asset to sell. The whole thing about them using the government's COVID scheme to push back their debts then putting the club into administration to write them off was seemingly just as dirty a tactic as Morris has been getting up to all along to essentially give the club a way of coming back significantly stronger with any half-decent investor. Walking into a debt-free football club sounds like Christmas day which is exactly why Mr. Ashley is sniffing around and is even willing to make a deal with us to get it done. Gibson looks like he's trying to make sure it's not as easy as that and if they want to do it, they'll have to give us something and quick.

×
×
  • Create New...