Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Boro V Blackburn (A) 0-1


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi very long time reader, and I usually love reading what people have got to say but do people really think we are relegation candidates if we don’t win our next match. I know it has not been the grea

Saturday 17th August 2019 - 3pm KO - Ewood Park Preview: Both sides come into this fixture following home league cup fixtures against lower league opposition - Blackburn oversaw a battling O

Ok far too many members have now been made aware that in the opinion of Riverside Dreamer moderating action by Boro_Unger was unfair and uncalled for and some members were siding with his views.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

I found it concerning that he didnt play Coulson who I thought has been our brightest spark going forward. 

He went for the older style of Friend which showed last season didnt work. 

Injured til september

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been quite a surreal footballing journey for the Boro recently, from that promotion season, to relegation, to a fanbase that's possibly the most divided I can remember. 

I just can't get my head around how we've managed to go from top flight to looking so absolutely dreadful in the space of 3 seasons. I've wanted Woodgate to do well, but the games I've seen so far I'm just really concerned about our prospects, despite that 45 minutes against Brentford. 

If we concede against Wigan on Tuesday, the ground will be toxic, and like last season that will completely kill our confidence.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The club is in a period of transition at the moment as Gibson is clearing wanting us to go in a direction which moves away from him continuing to pour loads of money inefficiently into the club. A consequence of this is that it's going to be a tough job for any manager - especially an inexperienced manager like Woodgate. Woodgate is straight talking and talks the talk about wanting play great football and giving academy players first team football - which got him the job and got the fans excited post-Pulis - but he strikes being too similar to someone like Tim Sherwood who talks the talk but is ultimately not good enough. Give me a Karanka over someone like that every time. If we lose on Tuesday v Wigan then things are going to turn toxic quickly as it will be very difficult to imagine us being able to turn things around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BillinghamBoro said:

It's been quite a surreal footballing journey for the Boro recently, from that promotion season, to relegation, to a fanbase that's possibly the most divided I can remember. 

I just can't get my head around how we've managed to go from top flight to looking so absolutely dreadful in the space of 3 seasons. I've wanted Woodgate to do well, but the games I've seen so far I'm just really concerned about our prospects, despite that 45 minutes against Brentford. 

If we concede against Wigan on Tuesday, the ground will be toxic, and like last season that will completely kill our confidence.

I honestly don’t think people are bothered enough to make the atmosphere toxic, feel like the life has been completely sucked out of the club over the last few years to the point where people don’t seem to care anymore 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Woody is like a rabbit in the headlights at the moment. He's clearly thought about what he wants to say but when the performances and results don't go the way he wanted, he doesn't really know how to handle things. I can only imagine that if we become a regular squatter in the bottom 3 then the pressure will mount very quickly. I remember how Strachan eventually seemed to lose it completely and he had some management experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Boro Scot said:

yeah we have Britt Ekland working the turnstyle on the south stand

When did you last go to a match, must be at least 10 years since we had people working the turnstiles.

Anyway you are wrong, it was the north stand she worked on. Topless on warm days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Z3man said:

When did you last go to a match, must be at least 10 years since we had people working the turnstiles.

Anyway you are wrong, it was the north stand she worked on. Topless on warm days.

It was exactly 10 years ago and it was a warm day, Britt Eklund was working

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, p_mards said:

The club is in a period of transition at the moment as Gibson is clearing wanting us to go in a direction which moves away from him continuing to pour loads of money inefficiently into the club. A consequence of this is that it's going to be a tough job for any manager - especially an inexperienced manager like Woodgate. Woodgate is straight talking and talks the talk about wanting play great football and giving academy players first team football - which got him the job and got the fans excited post-Pulis - but he strikes being too similar to someone like Tim Sherwood who talks the talk but is ultimately not good enough. Give me a Karanka over someone like that every time. If we lose on Tuesday v Wigan then things are going to turn toxic quickly as it will be very difficult to imagine us being able to turn things around.

Gibson hasn’t put his own money in for a long time and almost certainly since promotion season everything has been covered by tv money, player sales and other revenue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is the leadership on the pitch? Is Friend the right man to wear the Captains arm band, does he inspire others around him?

Who are the real effort players on the pitch?

If there is one then make him Captain please, because it is noticeable that performances since George has been back have not been as good as the two without him.

Can't believe that I am even considering this but Clayton would make a far better captain than current

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Where is the leadership on the pitch? Is Friend the right man to wear the Captains arm band, does he inspire others around him?

Who are the real effort players on the pitch?

If there is one then make him Captain please, because it is noticeable that performances since George has been back have not been as good as the two without him.

Can't believe that I am even considering this but Clayton would make a far better captain than current

I love George Friend but as a full back his legs had gone 2 years ago. If we can see it from the stands then surely Woodgate can see the same. 

That makes me think that Bola is nowhere near being ready to play at this level otherwise he'd have being playing. 

I don't think there's a lack of leadership or fight we just have a very average set of players and a manager who is basically learning on the job. Hopefully he can start getting results otherwise him and the chairman will be under a bit of pressure. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Latest Posts

    • I can't see anything in the laws that says that. It does say that an injured goalkeeper doesn't have to leave the field of play to receive treatment, and that in itself prevents play from restarting until the keeper has received treatment, but it doesn't say anything specific about goalkeeper injuries stopping play. The ref has to stop play if they deem a player to be seriously injured, but I wouldn't class stepping on someone's heel as a serious injury. Which I think is reinforced by the fact De Gea was up and about walking within a minute. It also say the ref "allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is only slightly injured" and if Fred had stepped on any other Man United player, I definitely think that would be deemed only a slight injury and waved on.
    • Btw. does anyone know if the club do half-season online match tickets, like they do with normal season tickets? I vowed never to buy a match as long as Warnock was manager, but I might change my stance now, although I rarely get to see entire games due to other commitments.
    • Yeah I get that. It's probably the best time to not have midweek games with Fry and Payero getting back and the players learn the new routines and build up more fitness. But that still doesn't change the fact, that I want games.
    • If you follow the rule book it was the refs fault. The rules specifically say that the goalkeeper has to be fully functional at all time for the game to be continued. It was Arsenals luck that the ref didn't see he was down injured and blew his whistle before the ball had gone in. It's the refs responsibility to stop play as soon as the keeper isn't functional. That is what makes it controversial. If a keeper is hurt while trying to stop the ball from going into the net ie. bangs his head against the post and the ball goes in then it's obviously a goal. But if the keeper is down hurt before the 2nd 3rd or whatever touch then the ref has to stop play. 
    • Have a great time, that man. Hope the boys make you proud ,Enjoy the Legends Lounge & the party. .........  Travelling is a complete pain these days. Im off to Tenerife next week via Stansted so i need locator forms going into Spain, PCRS test & locator forms  coming back to the UK & again a locator form coming back to Ireland. All worth it though........... I love the way people on Forums ask "Does anyone know a bar in "wherever" where i can watch the match. In other words- I am in "wherever" & i want everyone to know it,  BTW Does anyone know a Bar in Costa Adeje where i can watch Sky Sports?!

×
×
  • Create New...