oneBoro Forum

MFC Fans Forums

Just a big thank you from a relatively new recruit. Sadly I have seen  the FMTTM board deteriorate from a varied, humerous fans forum, into an arena for political and personal slanging matches. It still has some wondeful posters, but to find a decent comment I was tiring off wading through some pretty awful comments, where the only innovative writing seemed to be how to disguise swear words to get past the censorship.

It is refreshing to see the erudite comments and insight on here, and a good level of debate. Please keep it up.

I will still use both boards as it is always useful to hear from a wide variety of sources. Good luck with the bid for representation on the Fans Forum.

• Like 3
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,    I am the poster that made the comments in the OP I used to run a massive teesside based music forum (over 10k members and massive traffic), and currently run a few large subreddits so

Came here a few weeks ago because transfer rumours with basis kept being posted on FMTTM with oneBoro as the source. I'm sure my mentioning the site on FMTTM has brought over new members too. I'v

DS - I was a daily visitor to FMTTM for many years. I owed a personal debt of gratitude to their Rob, and stayed long after the lack of mobile support and posters 'playing the man not the ball' became

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, oldman said:

Just a big thank you from a relatively new recruit. Sadly I have seen  the FMTTM board deteriorate from a varied, humerous fans forum, into an arena for political and personal slanging matches. It still has some wondeful posters, but to find a decent comment I was tiring off wading through some pretty awful comments, where the only innovative writing seemed to be how to disguise swear words to get past the censorship.

It is refreshing to see the erudite comments and insight on here, and a good level of debate. Please keep it up.

I will still use both boards as it is always useful to hear from a wide variety of sources. Good luck with the bid for representation on the Fans Forum.

Was just reading FMTTM then, Christ I forgot it was a football forum. Its just politics and slagging matches. Place has deteriorated beyond belief 

4 hours ago, Downsouth said:

I have heard from Chris Joseph, Chair of Middlesbrough Supporters Forum, inviting us to attend the October 14th meeting where upon we can explain why we feel the oneBoro forum should be represented and included.

No problems hey Jen? 

Is he serious? Why should a large forum of Middlesbrough fans be represented on a Middlesbrough fans forum?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Not to simplify it but the fact we're the top result when you Google "Middlesbrough FC forum" should speak for itself!

Rob knows SEO, that should be enough!

I am sure that they will take us seriously after all I believe we are the only Boro forum which has actively sponsored player shirts in the past and MFC Ladies (whole kit).

I hope that we can go down this route again next season.

Due to shirt sponsorship this allowed us to interview Grant Leadbitter leading onto other interviews which were published for all to see. Again this is something I hope we can re-introduce on a bigger scale involving MFC players and staff with a dedicated team.

Tom and Humpty were great ambassadors for oneBoro.

We can offer something of that I am certain

• Like 2

All for the player sponsorship but the ladies took the money and ran so they can do one as far as I’m concerned ☹️

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:33 AM, Downsouth said:

I have heard from Chris Joseph, Chair of Middlesbrough Supporters Forum, inviting us to attend the October 14th meeting where upon we can explain why we feel the oneBoro forum should be represented and included.

No problems hey Jen? 

Whilst i'm no longer an active part of this forum, this has really got on my goat. Who is Chris Joseph to request that OneBoro justify itself to him? What credentials does he have? The purpose of the supporters forum is to represent the fans voice as a whole. It's not a boys club. 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Well tonight is the first meeting that we have been invited to attend and obviously we all hope that Jen feels comfortable and is able to present oneBoro to those others and that we will be invited back as a "fully fledged" equal member.

If so we should be able to contribute in some ways so that fans opinions can be taken into account.

Below is the agenda for tonight's meeting which I "borrowed" from fmttm!

Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message 

Finally got Agenda - sent over -

Minutes of Mtg 32:
Issued and accepted as read.

Agenda points for discussion tonight:

a) MFC – Catering dept.updates – Peter Hall
b) MFC - Foundation updates- Alan Geddes
c) Rainbow Reds – update discussion
d) Boro Supporters Club – update from Jill Atkinson
e) Red Fusion – update from Ishak
f) OneBoro – first meeting – Jen Hayton – discussion

Matters arising and including issues from mtg. 30/31 & 32

1) RN: Financial Fair Play / Asset and ground protection/Stewardship of football clubs - call for a national license system with independent regulation. Issues with Bolton W and Bury. Any updates from RN? Letter from FSA to CJ ?

2) RN: Environmental - football getting greener - what can we do to make football more environmentally friendly at Boro? Reusable beer tankards used for £1 deposit at Chelsea as at music fests etc. Wooden cutlery to replace plastic types etc. paper straws. No balloons etc. Making Fan Zones greener. Have there been any further thoughts on this issue?

3) RN & Twel2th Man. Boro away fixtures at “odd times” - ( Luton, Bristol City & Birmingham C. at altered times in first 2 months.). Is there any chance of fixtures like this being given some extra thought and consideration for travelling fans. Night fixtures with a maximum travel time or distance – i.e. 2hrs or 100 miles. Things CAN BE DONE about this in relation to important fixtures.
4) RN & Twel2th Man.
Letter for reciprocal away ticket pricing in EFL. Still lots of concern/criticism of Boro pricing on social media - what should be our reaction to this. RN has spoken with Steve Gibson, Neil Bauser and Adrian Bevington and all were talking about some kind of dialogue with fans about this during pre-season time scale. We would urge this should happen. Steve Gibson may have good reasons - increase in VAT and high level of concessions etc but it would be terrific if “the fans” heard about this from the club after there was an open and frank discussion about it. Has there been any further progress on this issue – or will there be?

5) MDSA: Reports of 100% increase in disabled parking costs and query re-spaces at Riverside.
Any updates from MFC ?

6) MDSA: Letter from Paul Sandbach re – parking issue as mentioned in item 5 above.
Any further comments ?

7) CW: Next Foodbank confirmed from 12noon on 23rd November before HULL CITY game.
Caroline to initiate info to all contacts to boost interest and to contact HCFC fans to make them aware of collection. Please also post on all our members websites and wherever else interest can be raised. Can MFC DO A PIECE IN THE PROGRAMME FOR THE GAMES BEFORE THE HULL CITY GAME PLEASE ?

Any other business:-

8) CJ: Safe Standing: Response and update statement from Govt Sports Minister.

9) CJ: Concourse Heating: Any updates.

10) PH: Mark Shalliker:- Safety issue for wheelchair access / egress.

Future meetings:- November meeting will be Monday, 14th at 6.30pm then
December 9th at 6.30pm at The Riverside Stadium. Thanks to YF.

This is my first viewing also - a lot is from meeting disrupted by fire alarm 2 months ago and is not really relevant anymore. So, hopefully can be passed over very quickly.

All the best Jen, give it your best!

• Like 1

Well, pleased to report that Jen did attend the meeting which in her words was "good"

I am sure that she will be adding a post soon regarding contents of interest for our members.

Whilst she is positive in her feelings about it we now await a vote on whether or not we will be a equal member with those already involved, hopefully we will find out sooner rather than later but in either event I know that Jen will have presented oneBoro in a very capable manner and would like to thank her on all of our behalf for her time and effort last night.

Thanks Jen

• Like 2