oneBoro Forum

MFC Fans Forums

How long does it take for an application to fans forum to be decided? 

Surely it shouldn’t take more than a month, if we haven’t heard anything back by end of this month then I think we should write it off as a bad job tbh.

My use of end of the month for a deadline based on the fact that if we have been accepted before then we will need time to arrange a representative to attend and meetings are usually earlier in the month, also if we haven’t been invited as a member to the December meeting that will mean it’s taken over 2 meetings periods.

Not having a go at the forum club or it’s members just wondering how long does it take to say yes you can join, or no you cannot join, as the agenda for the November meeting made no mention of our application.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,    I am the poster that made the comments in the OP I used to run a massive teesside based music forum (over 10k members and massive traffic), and currently run a few large subreddits so

Came here a few weeks ago because transfer rumours with basis kept being posted on FMTTM with oneBoro as the source. I'm sure my mentioning the site on FMTTM has brought over new members too. I'v

DS - I was a daily visitor to FMTTM for many years. I owed a personal debt of gratitude to their Rob, and stayed long after the lack of mobile support and posters 'playing the man not the ball' became

Posted Images

On 8/15/2019 at 5:13 PM, Downsouth said:

Actually it would be good to hear from those of you who do have dual membership or have recently joined us from fmttm and to let us know your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks in advance

Been a member since August & now getting use to the format & layout of oneboro & must say, what an excellent & well structured forum it is 

I'd never heard of oneboro till it was recently mentioned on FMTTM, found the forum & registeted

I still post on FMTTM, as I enjoy the banter, I've been posting on flyme probably forever, there are some great posters, who are passionate & cover every topic under the sun, posters who will go out of their way to help each other

Oneboro is totally different in that the forum seems to be more professionally laid out, with different thread titles that you can click & join in the debate, as opposed to everything under one roof on flyme, again, it's not a dig at flyme, as I think Robs doing a great job in running the forum

Love the idea of been able to post pictures to run alongside the thread posted, another plus for oneboro, especially for someone like myself who likes to post of Boro days gone by along with old photos etc

Great forum & well done all who contribute 

UTMB 

IMG_20190713_204335.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The only thing this place needs IMO is more members. 

It could be an idea to try and cross-promote with one of the big social media based sites like Everything MFC or Boro Banter Page to get them to put a post out, in return for example putting a front-page story up each time EMFC do a podcast etc - it would be additional content for the front page a well as driving people to here. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, AsheAshe said:

The only thing this place needs IMO is more members. 

It could be an idea to try and cross-promote with one of the big social media based sites like Everything MFC or Boro Banter Page to get them to put a post out, in return for example putting a front-page story up each time EMFC do a podcast etc - it would be additional content for the front page a well as driving people to here. 

That's a pretty good idea, I second that 😉

Really good idea, I’ll do some contacting and reaching out to some of these social media accounts.

If anyone else has ideas or contacts as to how to grow the community, we’re open to ideas 👍

9 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Good idea but please, i'd rather us not associate us with Facebook groups like Boro FanTV if we're going the social media route. They're a *** embarrassment.

Everything MFC seem to be pretty cool though.

The more this forum mix's with other's its obvious that it will pick up the dredges of the other forum's that have been banned in the past and even the problem posters that they have.

Cannot understand the push towards joining other forums and the "Social Media" .

It as been a great forum since it opened its doors in 2009 and never needed others.

Then again I suppose the youth of today see it all differently to us old guard.

They want to post about everything in the world today.

Me I just want to read and post about whats happening in the world of football. I do belong to a social media forum been with them donkeys years but I would never want it on the OneBoro.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Let’s be careful in what is acceptable because I would hate to think we end up with aggressive posters and inflammatory comments. 

Aye, we've got enough *** doyles on here as it is 👍🤬

On 11/13/2019 at 3:56 PM, Erimus74 said:

Been a member since August & now getting use to the format & layout of oneboro & must say, what an excellent & well structured forum it is 

I'd never heard of oneboro till it was recently mentioned on FMTTM, found the forum & registeted

I still post on FMTTM, as I enjoy the banter, I've been posting on flyme probably forever, there are some great posters, who are passionate & cover every topic under the sun, posters who will go out of their way to help each other

Oneboro is totally different in that the forum seems to be more professionally laid out, with different thread titles that you can click & join in the debate, as opposed to everything under one roof on flyme, again, it's not a dig at flyme, as I think Robs doing a great job in running the forum

Love the idea of been able to post pictures to run alongside the thread posted, another plus for oneboro, especially for someone like myself who likes to post of Boro days gone by along with old photos etc

Great forum & well done all who contribute 

UTMB 

IMG_20190713_204335.jpg

I must admit Erimus74 out of all the newbies in the recent months you fit perfectly into the Oneboro we have lacked an historian for sometime and its great reading your post's fetch's back so many memories.

I have a great deal of old mags on my shelves and a fair bit of memorabilia on my walls upstairs that I actually take for granted.

I never look at them when passing but I can tell you where every photo or clock are hanging.

Your post's take me back to the late 60's when I first started following The Boro.

Like I said in another post love reading about football mainly the MFC, but I draw the line at mixing football with social media I keep those discussions for another forum and I see many an argument especially about politics something I do not want to see on here. 

Carry on mate with the footy memory's they are  great takes me back to when my old grandad used to take me to Ayresome Park.  He lived on Cannon Street and would pick me up (we lived on Ayresome Street) on the way to the game and dropped me off after the game.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Motor Mouth said:

I must admit Erimus74 out of all the newbies in the recent months you fit perfectly into the Oneboro we have lacked an historian for sometime and its great reading your post's fetch's back so many memories.

I have a great deal of old mags on my shelves and a fair bit of memorabilia on my walls upstairs that I actually take for granted.

I never look at them when passing but I can tell you where every photo or clock are hanging.

Your post's take me back to the late 60's when I first started following The Boro.

Like I said in another post love reading about football mainly the MFC, but I draw the line at mixing football with social media I keep those discussions for another forum and I see many an argument especially about politics something I do not want to see on here. 

Carry on mate with the footy memory's they are  great takes me back to when my old grandad used to take me to Ayresome Park.  He lived on Cannon Street and would pick me up (we lived on Ayresome Street) on the way to the game and dropped me off after the game.

Cheers for that Motor Mouth, I love anything of old, I haven't been going as long as you, I started going late 71, well done on your continued support of our football club

My mam lived on Canon Street 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

As long as he doesn't spam the forum like he's been doing over on FMTTM, the naughty boy! 😇

Changing Times, the thing is for the past year, or so, I've been posting music threads, now & again, usually on a Saturday night I post often, this is the 1st time there's been any hint of an issue, not going to get in to rights & maybe's but unlike oneboro everything is under one roof, I honestly don't think I've done anything wrong