oneBoro Forum

MFC Fans Forums

On 11/13/2019 at 1:02 PM, Naisby said:

How long does it take for an application to fans forum to be decided? 

Surely it shouldn’t take more than a month, if we haven’t heard anything back by end of this month then I think we should write it off as a bad job tbh.

My use of end of the month for a deadline based on the fact that if we have been accepted before then we will need time to arrange a representative to attend and meetings are usually earlier in the month, also if we haven’t been invited as a member to the December meeting that will mean it’s taken over 2 meetings periods.

Not having a go at the forum club or it’s members just wondering how long does it take to say yes you can join, or no you cannot join, as the agenda for the November meeting made no mention of our application.

I’m guessing no one knows the answer then? 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,    I am the poster that made the comments in the OP I used to run a massive teesside based music forum (over 10k members and massive traffic), and currently run a few large subreddits so

Came here a few weeks ago because transfer rumours with basis kept being posted on FMTTM with oneBoro as the source. I'm sure my mentioning the site on FMTTM has brought over new members too. I'v

DS - I was a daily visitor to FMTTM for many years. I owed a personal debt of gratitude to their Rob, and stayed long after the lack of mobile support and posters 'playing the man not the ball' became

Posted Images

Last we heard, there was going to be a vote on whether we become a member of the forum. No idea if we ever heard back from that, I haven't seen any minutes published from the meeting so I guess it's just not happened yet?

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Apparently we didn't actually submit any application form so...it didn't count, or something.

That's a joke, right?

Like, the joke being that someone had to submit an application form at all, not that it wasn't done. Jen was at the meeting, what more intent or knowledge could you gain from an application form? So some jobsworth at the club can look us over and decide if we're worthy?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

That's a joke, right?

Like, the joke being that someone had to submit an application form at all, not that it wasn't done. Jen was at the meeting, what more intent or knowledge could you gain from an application form? So some jobsworth at the club can look us over and decide if we're worthy?

It is unfortunately not a joke, no.

51 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

This is just plain silly, let's not bother, it's not worth it

It doesn't seem to matter whether we're bothered or not, this is a small group of representatives across some of the fan spectrum and apparently despite one of the best of us going and putting our best foot forward in a face-to-face context, we still need to submit an official application form to be judged.

It's like if you went for a job interview and then never heard back from the company because you didn't submit an official application to want the job after fighting for it.

So they have published the minutes from that one which I didn't see:

https://www.boro.support/middlesbrough-supporters-forummeeting-33/

Jen Hayton of One Boro – briefed the meeting on her group and her personal aims, which were well received by all present.

C.J. reinforced that it was “one member – one group” at monthly meetings. Some matters discussed need occasionally to maintain some confidentiality – but comprehensive minutes are issued for all member groups to publicise on their websites.

It was agreed a separate meeting would meet to discuss new members applications. Next meeting Monday 11th November 2019 @ 6.30pm at the Riverside Stadium.

Another meeting has taken place since then, where another group were welcomed, Boro Supporters Club 2020. No discussions in those latest minutes of new applications, such as from ourselves.

https://www.boro.support/middlesbrough-supporters-forummeeting-34/

So another private meeting must have happened about applications? And BSC2020 have been accepted? No offence to them but I must admit I've never even heard of them. This is the write-up on the MSF site:

https://www.boro.support/boro-supporters-club-2020/

Easy to say its not worth it but the problem is theres other groups going like MSS, FMTTM etc that "represent" the fans and without being at that table, a lot of fans wouldn't be represented. Realistically any site or group with a major presence should be represented. 

This new supporters group 2020 has no social media presence i can find and the link on the boro forum website takes you to the boro forum website listing for them,. 

Rainbow reds has 44 members on facebook. its a bit silly really. 

About the application process though, i presume someone was actually told of the process?

It's a pointless exercise anyway, if one of us from here turned up for a meeting and started criticising the way the club is being run we'd get turfed out and not invited back. 

Meanwhile the club and fans groups will keep meeting every month to discuss trivial things like how many different flavours of crisps should be on sale at the kiosks.