• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,    I am the poster that made the comments in the OP I used to run a massive teesside based music forum (over 10k members and massive traffic), and currently run a few large subreddits so

Came here a few weeks ago because transfer rumours with basis kept being posted on FMTTM with oneBoro as the source. I'm sure my mentioning the site on FMTTM has brought over new members too. I'v

DS - I was a daily visitor to FMTTM for many years. I owed a personal debt of gratitude to their Rob, and stayed long after the lack of mobile support and posters 'playing the man not the ball' became

Posted Images

Hahahahaha, 

I was just curious when I first posted the question as we had been very enthusiastic about joining and then a few months later, we went as attended guests, then no further updates.

my choice of language was not an accusation or thinking there was something underhand going on, it was just I would have thought the answer oneboro gave would have been given 8 pages ago or an answer that said these things take time. When no official answer was given I wondered why.

But understand real life tends to get in the way of having fun.

• Like 1

It was just a turn of phrase that I hoped would illicit a response that’s all, just thort it was odd not to get a clear answer.

if oneboro hadn’t answered my next step was going to be to suggest we were taking over FMTTM so no need to apply for membership, but discussions were at a sensitive time so no comment could be made. 

Probably on the back of all the money they'll get for being part of the fans forum that is gonna win the supporter engagement award. Not gonna want to share that pie with us are they!? I see where this is going now.

Animated GIF

• Haha 1

FMTTM has been rumoured to have a new site in the pipeline for a decade, but Rob Nichols has some sort of involvement with a firm called Rivals. They have loads of boards, but I believe the only other thriving site is for Blackpool supporters. I went on it a few times when they were in danger of doing a Bury, and it was just as ghastly to navigate as FMTTM is.

I've seen IT professionals on FMTTM offering to rebuild the site for free, and been ignored by the mods. It's like a time capsule from the days of Netscape Navigator and Comic Sans, and I suspect it always will be.

I have nothing but respect for Rob Nichols and all that he has done and achieved on behalf of MFC fans, he was a trend setter and the first person to speak and act on behalf of the fans. Others have only followed with varying success.

I know him and he knows me, no doubt many others do as well who are forum members and he is a very decent man. He had agreed to do one of our youtube interviews but due to circumstances it was never followed up and I have no doubt that there are aspects beyond his full control where circumstances have let him down.

He can't do everything on his own but being a busy guy I am sure that it irks him as he is not having a forum that is as up to date as many of the FMTTM members would like.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Downsouth said:

I have nothing but respect for Rob Nichols and all that he has done and achieved on behalf of MFC fans, he was a trend setter and the first person to speak and act on behalf of the fans. Others have only followed with varying success.

I know him and he knows me, no doubt many others do as well who are forum members and he is a very decent man. He had agreed to do one of our youtube interviews but due to circumstances it was never followed up and I have no doubt that there are aspects beyond his full control where circumstances have let him down.

He can't do everything on his own but being a busy guy I am sure that it irks him as he is not having a forum that is as up to date as many of the FMTTM members would like.

Totally agree, DS. Rob was a pioneer, and I feel lucky to know him. However, I do believe the continuing issues with FMTTM's site are largely because he wants to retain the current design and functionality - I'm really not convinced it's circumstances out of his control.

On 12/3/2019 at 7:28 PM, oneboro said:

No conspiracy (to my knowledge 👀), we attended the first meeting we were able to, and following on from that were asked to submit an application. However, due to work and life commitments the application form has yet to be submitted 

So basically we picked someone to represent us who wasn't suitable for the role.

Not having a dig at Jen, I know full well how much real life can get in the way of other stuff.

Any chance we could elect someone else? Or are we just not bothered at this point?

18 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

So basically we picked someone to represent us who wasn't suitable for the role.

Not having a dig at Jen, I know full well how much real life can get in the way of other stuff.

Any chance we could elect someone else? Or are we just not bothered at this point?

We have someone suitable for the role and that is RR  this all will be sorted out soon of that I am certain.