oneBoro Forum

MFC Fans Forums

Wow, it's weird seeing you on here Ashe!

(It's Gav, btw.)

I was an active member of the forum @AsheAshe mentioned, it was THE place to go in the early 2000's for anyone involved in the alt-scene and beyond. There were members from all over the world too, just like here.

We seem to have things in order here but @Downsouththis guy really knows his stuff so if you need any advice I wouldn't hesitate to get in touch with him.

(He can be a bit of a Captain Fantastic at times, though ?)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,    I am the poster that made the comments in the OP I used to run a massive teesside based music forum (over 10k members and massive traffic), and currently run a few large subreddits so

Came here a few weeks ago because transfer rumours with basis kept being posted on FMTTM with oneBoro as the source. I'm sure my mentioning the site on FMTTM has brought over new members too. I'v

DS - I was a daily visitor to FMTTM for many years. I owed a personal debt of gratitude to their Rob, and stayed long after the lack of mobile support and posters 'playing the man not the ball' became

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Wow, it's weird seeing you on here Ashe!

(It's Gav, btw.)

I was an active member of the forum @AsheAshe mentioned, it was THE place to go in the early 2000's for anyone involved in the alt-scene and beyond. There were members from all over the world too, just like here.

We seem to have things in order here but @Downsouththis guy really knows his stuff so if you need any advice I wouldn't hesitate to get in touch with him.

(He can be a bit of a superman at times, though ?)

Now then bell end- long time no see! What are you up to these days?

2 minutes ago, AsheAshe said:

Now then bell end- long time no see! What are you up to these days?

I posted on Haxed a few months ago about my life but i'm basically married with two kids and I work in the security industry these days - certainly beats retail!

Came here a few weeks ago because transfer rumours with basis kept being posted on FMTTM with oneBoro as the source. I'm sure my mentioning the site on FMTTM has brought over new members too.

I've stayed as the format and features of the forum, though still quite simple, are light years ahead of what's on offer on FMTTM. It works better on my phone, you can quote, post images, not get crippled by screen spanning adverts, the political threads are separate and easily ignored, it works when a match is on and there are very few troll accounts.

The final two positives might change as the forum becomes more popular, but I like it on here and I imagine it contains a significant enough number of Boro fans to warrant consideration at a fan forum.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 5

Our application to be represented on the MFC Fans Forum has been received and is already in early discussion with other members.

Whilst they receive a lot of enquiries similar to ours from other groups I believe from information I received today that we are in with a good shout.

Our membership total has been noted, the forum viewed and fingers crossed after this months meeting we will get some clear indication as to where we stand.

Our original application was received by Rob Nichols of fmttm and he has already circulated information regarding us wanting Jen to represent the forum, so if yu are reading this Rob, thank you.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Our application to be represented on the MFC Fans Forum has been received and is already in early discussion with other members.

Whilst they receive a lot of enquiries similar to ours from other groups I believe from information I received today that we are in with a good shout.

Our membership total has been noted, the forum viewed and fingers crossed after this months meeting we will get some clear indication as to where we stand.

Our original application was received by Rob Nichols of fmttm and he has already circulated information regarding us wanting Jen to represent the forum, so if yu are reading this Rob, thank you.

I'd be very surprised if they said no given that they have had previously a representative of LGBTQ+ supporter group there which was a one man band (and believe said same person is now a conservative councillor being dragged through the courts on alleged sex offences), along with red faction and twelfth man which, at their core, are both fairly small groups, so as long as you pay the annual membership fee for cakes and website hosting and all that it should be an admin exercise to get you on board. 

OneBoro representation at the fans forum would be a great addition in my opinion, lots of groups seem to have representation there and I think a representative from here would only add to that. 

All the disparate groups that are currently members all bring something to the forum and bring back information from them to their members, which allows follow ups and supplementary additions to be brought up at subsequent meetings.

OneBoro has grown in membership and the way the site is operated has allowed debates to happen on many subjects in such a way that even people with views opposed to one issue can debate between themselves and spark a wider debate with others, but most importantly it’s done in such a way so that people don’t feel offended or put off expressing views that may not be the majority view, and when the next topic is raised they feel fully accepted and committed to put their opinions up again.

By allowing such a civilised atmosphere to exist I feel that a fans representative to the fans forum could express these views to the wider forum both officially during the meeting and unofficially during much needed refreshments, this could only be a benefit to the club and this site and its members.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Naisby said:

OneBoro representation at the fans forum would be a great addition in my opinion, lots of groups seem to have representation there and I think a representative from here would only add to that. 

All the disparate groups that are currently members all bring something to the forum and bring back information from them to their members, which allows follow ups and supplementary additions to be brought up at subsequent meetings.

OneBoro has grown in membership and the way the site is operated has allowed debates to happen on many subjects in such a way that even people with views opposed to one issue can debate between themselves and spark a wider debate with others, but most importantly it’s done in such a way so that people don’t feel offended or put off expressing views that may not be the majority view, and when the next topic is raised they feel fully accepted and committed to put their opinions up again.

By allowing such a civilised atmosphere to exist I feel that a fans representative to the fans forum could express these views to the wider forum both officially during the meeting and unofficially during much needed refreshments, this could only be a benefit to the club and this site and its members.

The challenges in my eyes are having meaningful collection of 1) items to discuss and 2) timely feedback. The way the forum is currently run, the fans are given short notice a meeting will be held and a load of ideas are put forward, and a smattering of these are discussed in the meeting because there is only limited time and multiple groups attend. After the meeting, it often takes a long time for feedback of the meeting to appear - minutes of one that was held 42 days ago have just appeared on FMTTM and an example quoted by a user where a club rep thought an open preseason training game was a good idea, but it obviously has not happened and we are finding out about it after the season has begun. 

It is good to have dialogue with the club and fans, but need to make sure fans are represented adequately which this services, but there are definitely opportunities to improve this whole process. Some kind of submission method for ideas to be submitted on, and then fans can vote on which ones get discussed in the session. Actions should be recorded, owners assigned, follow ups done outside of the meeting to make sure complete or a position provided where not possible, else stuff just disappears down the cracks. 

I work in process improvement and it all seems horribly inefeccient when time is limited and theres multiple groups representing the fans, so some kind of priority exercise would help filter that IMO. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AsheAshe said:

The challenges in my eyes are having meaningful collection of 1) items to discuss and 2) timely feedback. The way the forum is currently run, the fans are given short notice a meeting will be held and a load of ideas are put forward, and a smattering of these are discussed in the meeting because there is only limited time and multiple groups attend. After the meeting, it often takes a long time for feedback of the meeting to appear - minutes of one that was held 42 days ago have just appeared on FMTTM and an example quoted by a user where a club rep thought an open preseason training game was a good idea, but it obviously has not happened and we are finding out about it after the season has begun. 

It is good to have dialogue with the club and fans, but need to make sure fans are represented adequately which this services, but there are definitely opportunities to improve this whole process. Some kind of submission method for ideas to be submitted on, and then fans can vote on which ones get discussed in the session. Actions should be recorded, owners assigned, follow ups done outside of the meeting to make sure complete or a position provided where not possible, else stuff just disappears down the cracks. 

I work in process improvement and it all seems horribly inefeccient when time is limited and theres multiple groups representing the fans, so some kind of priority exercise would help filter that IMO. 

You’re a Boro fan and you expect efficiency, accountability and a clear and accountable procedure to make sure things don’t get lost or forgotten. ?

Only kidding I fully agree, the good thing is from our side we have those procedures in place and any tweaks to them that are needed can be easily done. From the clubs side tho as a realist at best I will say they take things on board but their responses and memory lapses mean that if we do our bit it might mean the club have to up their game and the other members of the forum might get a second or third wind in their attempts to get their ideas and views not only heard but answered as well and maybe even implemented. 

You never know. 

Edited by Uwe
Mixed up your and you’re ?
11 minutes ago, AsheAshe said:

Is there any way you think we could go about helping organise?

8 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Is there any way you think we could go about helping organise?

No idea to be honest, I think it will come down to how open the other groups are to change. Minute taking and action tracking for stuff like this should be fairly basic stuff though, a basic excel tracker showing actions agreed and who is owning it and confirming its been closed and what the outcome was should not take a significant amount of work - any outstanding actions summarised at start of following meeting to ensure they don't vanish. Ideally there needs to be someone who is well organised and takes on that role of action tracker. 

As it is, see loads of people clamouring for updates all the time. 

• Like 1

I couldn't think of anyone better to represent OneBoro than Jen. Top lass. At the minute the supporters forum comes across as a self serving advertisement platform. RedBoro TV/radio, Twel12thman asking for discounts on their travel etc. The Red Faction seem like the only organisation that are asking the questions the fans want to know.

• Like 2

I have heard from Chris Joseph, Chair of Middlesbrough Supporters Forum, inviting us to attend the October 14th meeting where upon we can explain why we feel the oneBoro forum should be represented and included.

No problems hey Jen? 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

I have heard from Chris Joseph, Chair of Middlesbrough Supporters Forum, inviting us to attend the October 14th meeting where upon we can explain why we feel the oneBoro forum should be represented and included.

No problems hey Jen? 

Not to simplify it but the fact we're the top result when you Google "Middlesbrough FC forum" should speak for itself!

• Like 3